2024 Vikings

• JoeMX1825
    MN

Most rookies regardless of how good they are dont make the field in year 1 or at least they shouldnt.

Gotta disagree with you there…MOST NFL 1st rounders are starters year 1 (some exceptions like QB’s)

big_g
    Isle, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bass Pundit wrote:</div>
    And the injury bug just bit the Lions sack and QB pressure machine.

The coverage I was watching did not show the injury on a replay. Glad they did not. I hate seeing injuries in slo-mo. It does sound like it was rather ugly and serious.

Update – He had Surgery shortly after the game – No timeline for his return.

When it happened, I had flashbacks to when I broke my right leg a couple years back… kind of flopping around… crazy Surprised the could do surgery, but maybe only put fixation on it… mine wasn’t operable until 3 weeks later, because of the swelling. shock

JEREMY
    BP

Your not a pro athlete your healthcare is different.

CaptainMusky

Gotta disagree with you there…MOST NFL 1st rounders are starters year 1 (some exceptions like QB’s)

Starters? Get outta here. Yeah they should get significant playing time but starters? I disagree. We have had plenty over the years that werent and it wasnt because of poor drafting and MANY teams have had the same thing. Yes, they definitely should see the field or there is a problem, but being a starter is hardly a red flag.

Ripjiggen

Patrick Jones is leading the team in sacks and he is our 3rd guy in the rotation. So yeah not many snaps available at the moment for Turner.
    He is behind 3 other edge guys.
    He played 13 snaps last game. It is what it is right now the 3 edge guys are rolling and you are not going to mess with that.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I just found that Turner has 11 & 13 snaps played the past 2 games…just something to watch for as the season moves on…

Tlazer

I wouldn’t be too concerned yet, since it is early in the year for Turner, but would be more concerned if he isn’t playing more and better by the end of the year. They definitely need him to be an impact player though, especially with what the Vikings gave up to trade up for him. The Vikings traded with Houston to go from pick 42 to pick 23, then traded with Jax to go from pick 23 to pick 17. Could be wrong but I believe what the Vikings supposedly gave up in draft capital should have gotten them around the 6th pick in the draft.

CaptainMusky

Could be wrong but I believe what the Vikings supposedly gave up in draft capital should have gotten them around the 6th pick in the draft.

NO chance. this is what the vikings gave up they would never get to the 6th pick with that:
    Round 1, 2024: No. 23 (from Houston) — WR Brian Thomas Jr.
    Round 5, 2024: No. 167 — RB Keilan Robinson
    Round 3, 2025
    Round 4, 2025

Ripjiggen

Some good NFC north games this weekend. Possibly only 1 North team getting a W.

Dan
    Southeast MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>lindyrig79 wrote:</div>
    I am surprised Zimmer still has a job this morning. The Dallas D looked like a wet paper towel yesterday and are 0-3 in three home games this year.

I loved they keep showing him on the sideline as their Def. was getting absolutely lite up. Dallas keeps getting a ton pf prime time games and are horrible. They may be the last team I care to wacth.

Fully agree on the coverage. Most of the talk hasn’t been as much about how good the Lions are but more about all the Dallas storylines.

I’d honestly like to see the NFL overhaul the way they schedule the prime time games. It won’t happen because the networks rightly so need to push for the best match ups they can. But I for one have gotten tired of seeing mostly Dallas, KC, Buffalo, etc in all the prime time games. As another example, the Jets are big market and have has-been Aaron Rogers so they’re on tonight and SNF next week, and I’ve got no desire to watch that Jets dumpster fire.

I’m guessing the networks wish they would’ve at least given more consideration to teams like the Vikes (not trying to be a homer here) or the Commanders. Instead they go for the hot storyline (again, I get it for their business) and we’ve gotten two years of horrible jets football.

JEREMY
    BP

I dont wanna the Vikes in the primetime games. I wish they were on at noon every game.

ThunderLund78

Yeah, they also need to prepare their pre-game content, interviews, storylines, etc which is all done during the week. So it’s easy enough to flex it from noon to 3:00 becasue it’s still on the same network, but flipping from daytime to primetime on another network is tough. Still, how Vikes/Lions isn’t being moved to 3:00pm is beyond me.

JoeMX1825
    MN

funny quote I saw a Vikings fan post on Twitter on why this Vikings team is different… “nobody was arrested during the bye week”

Tlazer

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Tlazer wrote:</div>
    Could be wrong but I believe what the Vikings supposedly gave up in draft capital should have gotten them around the 6th pick in the draft.

NO chance. this is what the vikings gave up they would never get to the 6th pick with that:
    Round 1, 2024: No. 23 (from Houston) — WR Brian Thomas Jr.
    Round 5, 2024: No. 167 — RB Keilan Robinson
    Round 3, 2025
    Round 4, 2025

You might want to double check your math. You are forgetting what they also gave up to move up from 42 to 23. They gave up 2 second round picks and a 6th round for the 23rd pick. But hey they got an extra 7th round pick back.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

So it’s easy enough to flex it from noon to 3:00 becasue it’s still on the same network, but flipping from daytime to primetime on another network is tough. Still, how Vikes/Lions isn’t being moved to 3:00pm is beyond me.

KFAN said this afternoon that they would have to bump the KC-San Fran game off of national coverage in order to move the Lions-Vikings game to the 3pm time slot.

That just aint gonna happen since its a Super Bowl rematch and the Chiefs will always get the prime time slot at this time.

Tlazer

So in reality this is what it cost the Vikings to acquire the 17th pick in the 2024 draft and a 7th round pick in 2025 from Houston.
    Round 2 – 2024
    Round 5 – 2024:#167
    Round 6 – 2024:#188?
    Round 2 – 2025
    Round 3 – 2025
    Round 4 – 2025
    Since no one knows the draft order for 2025 you can’t put an exact number to what it cost to move up from #42 to #17. I believe since they had already made the trade from 42 to 23 thinking they needed the extra picks in case they needed to move up for a QB, but regardless this is what they gave up. That is a lot to give up, so he better be worth it.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

Turner made the tackle on 4th down vs. the Jets that stuffed ’em. The NFL broadcast announcers missed it, but PA made the correct call in real time. If I hadn’t been watching the Vikings post-game wrap-up video, I wouldn’t have known Turner made the play. The NFL Network failed by not highlighting the rookie when he made a big play.

I’m hoping Turner turns things up post-bye.

orve4

Was it just me or was the NFL coverage terrible. Not replaying that penalty on the punt till after the drivee? seemed like they only highlighted rogers? Lots of terrible camera angles.

James Almquist

Not that the NFL couldn’t screw it up but.. It was a soccer stadium long before it was a football stadium.

LabDaddy1

I think going back to school and learning the basics of the English language should take priority over football stats for some of you.

I’m just saying. And “your” welcome sleeping jester rotflol smash

LabDaddy1

Seriously, it’s embarrassing how few people seem to be able to use the correct form of your/you’re, to/too/two, there/their/they’re, etc..

Yeah, most people can probably understand what you meant to say when you do it wrong, but overall it just makes blue collar folks look stupid when it’s a regular thing… Sorry, not sorry.

And yes, I use “u” instead of “you” once in a while, so “sew” me rotflol wave devil

CaptainMusky

I think we found the grammar police on an outdoor forum.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The Vikings have opened as a 2.5/3 point favorite at home against the Lions on Sunday. Standard home field spread.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The Raiders have reportedly finalized a deal to trade WR Davante Adams to the Jets, which would create a reunion with QB Aaron Rodgers.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Adams is getting close to the mount Rushmore of really good receivers whose diva ego is their legacy, and that’s saying something.

Love to see when guys force themselves out of somewhere for a worse team just for money, then shockingly not enjoy being on their new garbage team. Don’t know what he’s expecting out of the Jets, but have at it.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Adams is getting close to the mount Rushmore of really good receivers whose diva ego is their legacy, and that’s saying something.

Love to see when guys force themselves out of somewhere for a worse team just for money, then shockingly not enjoy being on their new garbage team. Don’t know what he’s expecting out of the Jets, but have at it.

I think the competition for the Diva Rushmore is too high for Devante to make it given how long he was an excellent and pretty quiet WR in GB. But totally agree with your second paragraph, only caveat is that he went there to play with Carr too, and they didn’t resign Carr like was anticipated. It’s working out really well for them, I’m seeing rumors of trading Crosby to the Lions too. Raiders basically turning into a farm team with a big bank account at this point.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

The Raiders have reportedly finalized a deal to trade WR Davante Adams to the Jets, which would create a reunion with QB Aaron Rodgers.

Ya that cry baby Rodgers seems to always get what he wants. I’m sure he played a roll in Saleh firing and now he’s probably behind getting Davante. The only thing good about watching a Jets game is to see Rodgers face when things are not going right and to watch him throw up his hands after every incomplete pass like he believes the only reason it was incomplete is because the receiver did something wrong or there was pass interference on every incomplete pass. If its not clear, I really dislike that cry baby !

JEREMY
    BP

Huukd on fonix werked fer me. Know I ar smrt

Seriously, it’s embarrassing how few people seem to be able to use the correct form of your/you’re, to/too/two, there/their/they’re, etc..

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

WR Amari Cooper has been traded to the Buffalo Bills as well today.

Cleveland seems like a dumpster fire this season, bet he’s glad to get out of there.

Interesting that only hours after the division rival Jets acquire Adams, the Bills acquire Cooper.

Viewing 30 posts - 781 through 810 (of 828 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.