2024 Vikings

• Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

And the injury bug just bit the Lions sack and QB pressure machine.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

The Cowboys might want to think about a little house cleaning. Woof.

Pitter patter

Looks like next week is going to be a rough one for the Vikings and their retread qb

wkw

I wonder what the brass at the Cowboys think about their big deal with Dak now? What a thrashing !

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I wonder what the brass at the Cowboys think about their big deal with Dak now? What a thrashing !

What else were they supposed to do? Let him walk and start Cooper Rush?

It’s the same with Jordan Love and Trevor Lawrence. There literally is no one better, and Prescott is a much more accomplished QB than those two.

Quarterbacks have all the leverage in this league. Its either start an unproven retread or draft someone and hope that works out (which usually doesn’t).

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

Looks like next week is going to be a rough one for the Vikings and their retread qb

Good point. The lions are a real team. Vikes have no problem thrashing wisconsin at home, the packers are the b squad compared to the lions.

Joe

Shaping up to be an interesting year in the north for sure. Next week will be a tough game but with Hutchinson out will Detroit be able to pressure the quarterback? Darnold has played well when not under pressure.

Neither GB or Chicago has beaten a team with a winning record. Both will get a chance with their next game. The bears actually haven’t beaten a team with more than 1 win.

Ripjiggen

You said that last week.

Dan
    Southeast MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Pitter patter wrote:</div>

You said that last week.

rotflol jester

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The bears actually haven’t beaten a team with more than 1 win.

I wasn’t sold on them a week ago and I’m still not sold on them after they whipped the jags.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Next weeks matchup between the Vikings and the Lions is going to be real telling on who both teams are. The lions Off. is a machine. The Vikings are most likely going to have to put up a big score to win. Time to find out if Darnold is the real deal or not. This one will most likely come down to what team makes the fewest big mistakes.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I hate to see career changing injuries, and Aidan Hutchinson breaking his leg definitely takes some wind out of the sails of that Lions defensive front. That schematic adjustment along with the Vikings being at home and coming off the bye has me thinking the purple pull it out.

Vikings 31, Lions 24.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Shaping up to be an interesting year in the north for sure. Next week will be a tough game but with Hutchinson out will Detroit be able to pressure the quarterback? Darnold has played well when not under pressure.

Neither GB or Chicago has beaten a team with a winning record. Both will get a chance with their next game. The bears actually haven’t beaten a team with more than 1 win.

Correct. Green Bay and Chicago haven’t beat a team over .500 yet, and Minnesota has beaten 1 team with a winning record in their 5 wins.

Point being, it’s very early by NFL standards. It will be interesting to see if the NFC North can get 2 or 3 teams into the playoffs, or if they beat eachother up so much with division play that the records don’t end up reflecting the depth of the division.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Combined Point Differential by Division:
    1. NFC North +211
    2. AFC West +20
    3. AFC North +15
    4. NFC East +8
    5. NFC South -29
    6. NFC West -47
    7. AFC East -69
    8. AFC South -71

While this obviously indicates the North is the best division, it is by such a wide margin that it also indicates a return to the mean is coming. Packers and Bears have not beaten any good teams yet, so despite dominant wins yesterday I think they both still have to prove how good they really are. Vikes and Lions have to prove they can maintain it, especially in the face of significant injuries. That injury to Hutchinson was brutal in many ways, for example.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Minnesota has beaten 1 team with a winning record in their 5 wins.

Did you memory hole the Packers loss already? Because the Texans are 5-1 (lone loss to the Purple), and the Packers are 4-2 (losses to the Purple and the Eagles). Also, the 49ers 3-3 (who the Vikes also beat), are in 1st place in the West and coming off a Super Bowl appearance despite not technically having a winning record at the moment.

CaptainMusky

Werm dont let the Packer fans confuse you because technically the Vikings didnt beat a winning team in week 1 because they were both without a win. -) The niners, Texans and Packers possibly are all playoff teams.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

because technically the Vikings didnt beat a winning team in week 1 because they were both without a win.

Gotcha, although that’s not what his comment said. Who knew Bucky went to the Tim Walz school of obfuscation?!? rotflol

CaptainMusky

Gotcha, although that’s not what his comment said. Who knew Bucky went to the Tim Walz school of obfuscation?!? rotflol

I sure didnt but we all know now! LOL

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

And the injury bug just bit the Lions sack and QB pressure machine.

The coverage I was watching did not show the injury on a replay. Glad they did not. I hate seeing injuries in slo-mo. It does sound like it was rather ugly and serious.

Update – He had Surgery shortly after the game – No timeline for his return.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I am surprised Zimmer still has a job this morning. The Dallas D looked like a wet paper towel yesterday and are 0-3 in three home games this year.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I am surprised Zimmer still has a job this morning. The Dallas D looked like a wet paper towel yesterday and are 0-3 in three home games this year.

I loved they keep showing him on the sideline as their Def. was getting absolutely lite up. Dallas keeps getting a ton pf prime time games and are horrible. They may be the last team I care to wacth.

JoeMX1825
    MN

any worries about Dallas Turner’s lack or production/playing time?

I know he was hurt after game 1, but I believe he’s been back in the lineup for a couple games now and haven’t heard his named called much/if not at all? Typically 1st round D-Lineman make more of an impact in their rookie season (just rush the passer baby)

Maybe he’s still getting back to 100%, just haven’t heard his name mentioned in press conferences/newspaper stories since week 1.

ThunderLund78

To be the best you gotta beat the best. That goes for both Vikes and Lions coming into this week. Technically Vikings have the best record, but Detroit is almost inarguably playing better football right now, especially offensively. The Hutchinson thing is a terrible deal and a big loss for the kitties. Not going to complain about not playing him, but you never want to see talent like that get a career-altering injury.

Ripjiggen

I know he was hurt after game 1, but I believe he’s been back in the lineup for a couple games now and haven’t heard his named called much/if not at all? Typically 1st round D-Lineman make more of an impact in their rookie season (just rush the passer baby)

Maybe he’s still getting back to 100%, just haven’t heard his name mentioned in press conferences/newspaper stories since week 1.

Kind of difficult to supplant Van Ginkel and Greenard at this time.
    If I’m Bflo those are not coming out of the lineup. Plain and simple.

CaptainMusky

Im not worried about Turner at all. How do you play a rookie over the vets who have been playing great. Heck Van Ginkel who I had never even heard of before has more TDs than many of the best receivers.

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

Kind of difficult to supplant Van Ginkel and Greenard at this time.
    If I’m Bflo those are not coming out of the lineup. Plain and simple.

agreed, I don’t expect him to start over those guys, but is he even in the rotation?

CaptainMusky

Turner has been out there, but not a lot. He got a sack in the last game I think

JoeMX1825
    MN

Turner has been out there, but not a lot. He got a sack in the last game I think

He’s had 1 tackle assist the last 2 games, he had a sack in Week 1

I wish I could find a stats page that shows the number of plays he got each game….

stout93
    Becker MN

For what Kwesi gave up for him and the praise he was getting in camp, I think there is cause for concern on Turner. Unless he’s still dinged up I don’t understand how he cannot be on the field and at the very least apart of the rotation. I understand others are playing really well, but you can have more than 2 or 3 pass rushers on the field on obvious passing downs.

CaptainMusky

Hes a rookie, I am not worried about him in the least. Most rookies regardless of how good they are dont make the field in year 1 or at least they shouldnt. Hes fine.

Viewing 30 posts - 751 through 780 (of 828 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.