2024 Vikings

• Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

Stupidity!

JEREMY
    BP

Darnold looks like his normal self today.

Bass Pundit

We didn’t set the tone physically early on O. Hopefully the D can get us the win.

JoeMX1825
    MN

With 4 downs to use Rodgers will nickel and dime us to death, need a turnover

JoeMX1825
    MN

With 4 downs to use Rodgers will nickel and dime us to death, need a turnover

booya!

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

No, Erin, it wasn’t pass interference. Quit crying and waving your arms. It was a shitty under throw, that was all on you and even if your guy had been uncovered, you still would have hit him in the ankles.

Bass Pundit

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bass Pundit wrote:</div>
    Is it against the law to run the ball 3 times in a row?
    We should have imposed our will there.

We don’t want Zimmer back

We didn’t impose our will when we had them on their back foot and nearly lost the game because of it. They found their footing and shut us down just like the Packers. It didn’t have to be that way.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Darnold was off after the opening drive, plain and simple… the receivers were open, he just didn’t/couldn’t make the throws…. Some of is due to the Jets defense, but most of it is on Sam…

Our Defense won this game

As I mentioned earlier, lots of questionable coaching decisions at the end of the first half changed the momentum…

But who thought these guys would be 5-0 at the bye? Nobody… Sam came back down to earth today and it didn’t cost us a win, might be for the best…

Ripjiggen

They are 5-0 going into the bye. With a home game overseas. Can’t really complain about much.
    Keep improving each week.

Ripjiggen

Sunday will be a big let down game for the Vikings, no one knows them better than Rodgers. Be a coming out party for the Jets

Thought this needed a repost. whistling

I would type out his stat line but I don’t think it’s necessary.

Dan
    Southeast MN

jester jester jester jester

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Jets been trying to come out since 69

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Darnold was off after the opening drive, plain and simple… the receivers were open, he just didn’t/couldn’t make the throws…. Some of is due to the Jets defense, but most of it is on Sam…

Our Defense won this game

As I mentioned earlier, lots of questionable coaching decisions at the end of the first half changed the momentum…

But who thought these guys would be 5-0 at the bye? Nobody… Sam came back down to earth today and it didn’t cost us a win, might be for the best…

Agreed. 11 penalties and 3 turnovers is a concern. Those issues need to be addressed during the bye.

I also thought the play calling was very predictable. It was either a hand off to Chandler or a deep pass to Jefferson. Nothing else after Jones got hurt.

CaptainMusky

We didn’t impose our will when we had them on their back foot and nearly lost the game because of it. They found their footing and shut us down just like the Packers. It didn’t have to be that way.

Aaron Jones left in the first half after that we had no running game. Can’t impose your will if you don’t even have one. Darnold was off after he took that shot to the chest. Hopefully all are healthy with a week off and they stay out of trouble.

Bass Pundit

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bass Pundit wrote:</div>

Aaron Jones left in the first half after that we had no running game. Can’t impose your will if you don’t even have one. Darnold was off after he took that shot to the chest. Hopefully all are healthy with a week off and they stay out of trouble.

But we did have an opportunity to impose our will using the run before the Jets tightened up on it. But KOC chose passes on 3rd and 4th and short. Not running in that situation turned things around for the Jets D; That was the momentum lift that gave that squad hope.

CaptainMusky

The jets tightened up on it? No we lost Jones simple as that. Chandler is marginally better than mattison if that. We can’t impose anything with him.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Hopefully 2 weeks is enough time for Jones to heal up… 5-0 start allows them to be extra cautious though, especially with Hockenson coming back.

CaptainMusky

Agreed Joe hockenson coming back will be huge.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

You can arm chair QB all you want but to think Zimmer would have done anything better is laughable! He was the king of sitting back and thinking his sh/tty defense would win the game. At least KOC stays aggressive for the most part, even if you don’t like the outcome.

But like Rip said, 5-0 is the only outcome that matters right now. applause

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

I can’t wait for the playoff run! Kings of the north!

Brittman

Interestingly, the Vikings are tied with 49ers with a league leading 9 fumbles and after five games lead the league with 5 fumbles lost.

Difference this year is the Vikings D is getting more turnovers via fumble recoveries and interceptions. Vikings are +5 in turnover differential. They also appear to be putting the offense in better starting field position.

Bass Pundit

You can arm chair QB all you want but to think Zimmer would have done anything better is laughable! He was the king of sitting back and thinking his sh/tty defense would win the game. At least KOC stays aggressive for the most part, even if you don’t like the outcome.

But like Rip said, 5-0 is the only outcome that matters right now. applause

KOC rewards success in the passing game, but not in the running game. It is obvious to me and it costs the team. Chandler runs for 8.5 yards on first and second down. Instead of feeding him again giving him and the O-Line confidence that yes they can get it done in the running game. We pass not once, but twice. Hello, give the run game two bites at that apple, coach. If they don’t make the 1st down you have a point, but knowing KOC’s tendency to get away from the run the % are great that we make it in that spot running instead of with the pass. They were looking for and defended the pass perfectly on 3rd and 4th down. Everything about the situation says my analysis is right on the money. It was a blown opportunity. He needs to start rewarding the run game, instead of running away from it. Just be a little more like Zimmer, not the full Zim. That you think I’m asking for the full Zim just shows that you guys don’t get it.

CaptainMusky

Joe?
    Who Dat?

Should have had a comma after Joe. I obviously know what his first name is or at least the initials anyway.

CaptainMusky

Chandler runs for 8.5 yards on first and second down. Instead of feeding him again giving him and the O-Line confidence that yes they can get it done in the running game.

And that was almost 1/3 of his total for the ENTIRE game! He had 30 yards rushing and played the entire game. Jones had 30 and played just over 1 quarter. The running game was NOT working period when Jones went out.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

I have to believe it’s the same with every fan group of every team, Vikings fans seem to be a little tougher. At the beginning of the year, most people were picking us to be about one and four at this point of the season. 5-0 seems like it would satisfy most people.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The running game was NOT working period when Jones went out.

I agree. The problem is that Jones is now 30 and he’s never really been a workhorse RB1. He’s always been in a timeshare in GB. His versatility as a receiving back is what is missing when Chandler replaces him.

Chandler has good high end speed when he gets in the open field but that doesn’t happen much.

CaptainMusky

Yeah I am definitely worried about Jones and his durability. When healthy he is great, but he misses so many games every year.

ThunderLund78

Game plan got blown up when Jones went out and Darnold was obviously not 100% after taking that hit. Everything after that felt like the old “Randy Ratio” days where we were just force feeding the ball to our best receiver hoping he would make a play. The bye week is coming at a good time for some bumps and bruises to get healed up and also get a big receiving threat back with Hock. Plus a chance to sit back and watch our greatest foe, Detroit, play a game and an extra week to prepare. That game in two weeks will be our biggest test. That’s going to be one LOUD US Bank Stadium.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

5-0, insert the “who woulda thought, not me” GIF! Another great W led by the defense. Van Ginkel and Greenard are really something else on the edge, and Patrick Jones and Dallas Turner fill out their depth nicely. And the interior has played far better than I was expecting thanks to Horrible Harry, Tillery and Bullard. BFlo has them really dialed in, and just needs to clean up a few things, mainly playing w/ a lead. But that may come from KOC as he’s attempting to manage the game flow while ahead. Really nit picking tho.

I expect them to stay active on the waiver wire/FA at the RB position. I don’t think Jones will miss any time now, due to the bye. But Chandler and Gaskins aren’t good enough to share a starting role. Offensively I expect Hock and everyone healthy out of the break, and we should be able to see how good the offense really can be. Enjoying the ride regardless, as this was a freebie no one was expecting!

Viewing 30 posts - 691 through 720 (of 723 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.