2024 Vikings

• gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Vikings are favored by 2.5 against the Jets in London on Sunday.

Dan
    Southeast MN

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/41549792/stefon-diggs-buffalo-bills-divorce-houston-texans-josh-allen

If anyone is looking for something to read, the link there is to an article about Stefon Diggs’ “divorce” from the Bills. Not a bad article, and maaaaaan what a headache he has been for coaching staffs his whole career. They spend a brief few paragraphs in the article mentioning his time as a Viking as well, including times where the coaching staff moved the receiver group farther away from the QB’s during games so Diggs wouldn’t go hound Kirk Cousins. We all know the guy was good receiver, but I couldn’t imagine having to have almost a daily plan to deal with him.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I think so too. They’ve covered every spread so far this season and that trend continues.

ThunderLund78

Vikings are even the “home team.” although I don’t know if the 3 point gimmie applies for Europe games.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

If anyone is looking for something to read, the link there is to an article about Stefon Diggs’ “divorce” from the Bills. Not a bad article, and maaaaaan what a headache he has been for coaching staffs his whole career. They spend a brief few paragraphs in the article mentioning his time as a Viking as well, including times where the coaching staff moved the receiver group farther away from the QB’s during games so Diggs wouldn’t go hound Kirk Cousins. We all know the guy was good receiver, but I couldn’t imagine having to have almost a daily plan to deal with him.

Man that was a lot of words to let everyone know what everyone already knew. Stefon Diggs is a diva, and puts his stats above the team winning.

CaptainMusky

Sounds like Hockenson will be able to play in a few weeks. That is big news.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

I don’t know much about the Jets, but if they can stay within 10 points I’ll be shocked.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The 160 million dollar man threw for 509 yards 3 TD and orchestrated a game-tying FG as time expired, plus led his team on a game winning TD drive in OT as the Falcons earned a home win over the first place Bucs in Atlanta last night.

haleysgold
    SE MN

TB gave the game away.
    I guess you could say it was a good game but certainly sloppy plays on both sides.

TB had em by the short hairs in the last 5 minutes and absolutely pissed it away.

I suppose that’s football so I’ll give credit to Kirko Chains and the Dirty Birds for hanging in there and coming out on top.

Is Kirko Chains still applicable? moon

CaptainMusky

Its not Kirko Chains anymore its Primetime Kirk.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Its not Kirko Chains anymore its Primetime Kirk.[/quote

Until its a game that actually matters.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

So you’re saying week 5 against a division opponent doesn’t matter? ???

Had they lost, they would have been 2 games behind Tampa and losing the tie breaker. With the win, they’re now leading the division.

CaptainMusky

Everyone slammed him that he was never clutch, couldnt win in a primetime game, sunday night, monday night, thursday night, etc. Well he has been doing with Atlanta and had spurts of that here.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Correct, week five against Tampa Bay is not prime time to me. Playoffs are, and he has one of those wins in his career.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>weedis wrote:</div>

Everyone slammed him that he was never clutch, couldnt win in a primetime game, sunday night, monday night, thursday night, etc. Well he has been doing with Atlanta and had spurts of that here.

Some people just won’t be convinced until they win a super bowl.

Guess there’s a lot of pizz poor quarterbacks out there right now.

CaptainMusky

Correct, week five against Tampa Bay is not prime time to me. Playoffs are, and he has one of those wins in his career.

Primetime for you is different than anyone else I guess then. Any game that is the ONLY game on is considered primetime regardless of the opponent. All eyes are on that game. Beside the Bucs were in first place how couldnt that be primetime since the Falcons needed that win?

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

509 yards and 4TDs completing passes at a 72% clip in a division game against a team that will also be right there in the playoff hunt…

Kudos to him. Unfortunately Atlanta’s defense is looking every bit as bad as it has been for some time. I’m still rooting for Kirk to keep it rolling. His MVP odds just took a big jump this morning.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Hes convinced me enough to know that he is a good quarterback that will never take a team to the promise land.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Ahhh, Weedis is one of those guys who thought Kirk should not only go 31/39 for 273 yards, 2TDs and 0 INTs against the Giants in the playoffs….but should also step in and lead the defense in tackles and sacks too while they’re getting shredded by Danny Dimes.

Got it.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Primetime for you is different than anyone else I guess then. Any game that is the ONLY game on is considered primetime regardless of the opponent. All eyes are on that game.

That’s also what I consider to be a prime time game.

Thursday night, Sunday night, and Monday night are prime time game slots.

Atlanta visits Minnesota later this season. Right now its scheduled for a noon start but I am hoping they move it to a better time slot, like Sunday Night Football. The storylines alone would create sparks.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>weedis wrote:</div>

Ahhh, Weedis is one of those guys who thought Kirk should not only have a productive game passing the ball against the Giants in the playoffs without any turnovers….but should also step in and lead the defense in tackles and sacks too while they’re getting shredded by Danny Dimes.

Got it.

Lol, no throwing it 2 yards on 4th and 10 season on the line.

ThunderLund78

Fun game last night, both teams’ pass defense leaves a lot to be desired. Happy for Kirk. Happy to have no emotional investment when he checks down to the guy 2 yards short of the sticks on 3rd and long – which he did A LOT of last night despite their win. He also made some really clutch and precise throws as he’s been known to do. Like seeing him do good in A-town

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>
    Primetime for you is different than anyone else I guess then. Any game that is the ONLY game on is considered primetime regardless of the opponent. All eyes are on that game.

Thursday night, Sunday night, and Monday night are prime time game

So the titans /dolphins game last Thursday was prime time, got it.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

So the titans /dolphins game last Thursday was prime time, got it

Hahaha agreed, and those big time Cowboys-Giants, Jags-Bills, Jets-Pats, Bills-Dolphins 49ers-Jets games in PRIME TIME (Berman voice)…last night was the first decent Thursday night game all season!

I liked Kirk when he was here, but I’m glad he’s not now. Good for him getting the W, and securing the bag again, but until the Bucs gave it away that was the stereotypical Kirk game. Get behind early, throw a ton to hang around and end up with great looking stats, and usually ends coming up just short. Unless the opponent helps him out, then he can steal a few games.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

That was actually on Monday.

Yes, its considered a prime time game because of when it occurs. National audience. Noon and 3pm Sunday games are only regional telecasts.

Garbage teams though, I’ll give you credit for that.

JEREMY
    BP

Damn its like talking to my 11 y/o stepson. Who gets the last word on whats primetime or not. Who gives a crap. You are allowed to decide that for yourselves.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

That was actually on Monday.

Yes, its considered a prime time game because of when it occurs. National audience. Noon and 3pm Sunday games are only regional telecasts.

Garbage teams though, I’ll give you credit for that.

That was Weedis’ original point, just because it’s the only game on at night does not mean it is a big game. Even in division. Anything happening in Week 5 can be overcome, win or go homes in December or the playoffs are what he was referring to. Cousins has made the playoffs 4 times in his 12 year career, and won 1 game. Primetime Kirk!!!! ;-)

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Yea what primetime?? frown maybe if you Amazon prime? whistling sleeping

Viewing 30 posts - 631 through 660 (of 723 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.