2024 Vikings

• CaptainMusky

This game should never have been close. Both Flores and koc took the foot off the gas and that int at the 1 was not an int he was out or at very least didn’t control it.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

the dreaded prevent defense almost did them in. i am sure the coaches have learned their lesson one would hope?

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Winning ugly is still winning, I guess.

ThunderLund78

Anybody else feel the same?

100%! It’s hard to feel good about that game, even after the outstanding first half. KOC has some explaining to do, as does Flo. Getting pressure on an injured QB all day, keep the pressure on, regardless of lead. I’m not saying blitz on every play, but good God, scheme to bring some pressure creatively like we do so well.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

Onside kick away from a disaster due to some illogical coaching decisions, will be interesting to see if KOC owns upto his mistakes…

Anybody else feel the same?

4-0 is unreal though! I never saw that coming…

Yeah, I was not happy with KOC not playing smashmouth football when situations screamed that is what we should be doing with AJ. That throw to Powell on 3rd down when Powell got injured is inexcusable. That muffed punt could have cost the game if the Vikess D didn’t get so many turnovers.

Pitter patter

Only the Vikings can win and make it feel like a loss

Ripjiggen

So were they too aggressive in passing or they took their foot off the gas. Can’t be both. Here we are discussing both.

If they run it three times and punt then folks complain they were not aggressive enough.

Can’t win with vikes fans. 4-0 just beat the pack and everyone is still up in arms.. too funny

If it wasn’t for a botched punt by the backup return man I don’t think this is even kind of a close game.

ThunderLund78

If it wasn’t for a botched punt by the backup return man I don’t think this is even kind of a close game.

Yeah, why Nailor just didn’t let that thing sail is beyond me. Who cares if we get pinned inside the 5, we could’ve run the clock off the half without allowing a score.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Kick the field goal so they have to score 2 touchdowns to win. Duh!!

JoeMX1825
    MN

I think the biggest positive today (other than getting the W) was how good Jordan Addison played and didn’t appear to have any setbacks with his high ankle sprain… that injury is so easy to have setbacks with…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Kick the field goal so they have to score 2 touchdowns to win. Duh!!

yeah, KOC admitted to several bad decisions today, but he said he wanted to show his players he has confidence in them… almost cost them…

Joe

Ugly second half. The GB interception that shouldn’t have been was too obvious to miss imo. Also thought the vikes got a bad spot on the 4th and 1 at the end. They should have kicked a fg though.

I seem to remember pack fans laughing at the vikes drafting a kicker. Wonder if they still think that’s funny. Bet they’d give up a 6th rounder for someone that can make FGs now.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Good win for the Vikings over division rival. Second half was ugly but I’ll take the W and a 4-0 record waytogo

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Heard a stat on fan line. The Vikings have trailed for only 3 minutes and 26 seconds through 4 games. That was in the first quarter of week 1 against the Giants.

Maybe that’s why we’re seeing so much prevent defensive schemes, that we seemingly all despise watching.

Ripjiggen

Good win for the Vikings over division rival. Second half was ugly but I’ll take the W and a 4-0 record waytogo

Hey oh a positive post game post.

Ripjiggen

“yeah, KOC admitted to several bad decisions today, but he said he wanted to show his players he has confidence in them… almost cost them…”

I don’t think KOC needs to apologize for beating his division rival on the road and starting the season 4-0.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

Does anybody know if Dallas Turner played? He didn’t show up in the box score and I didn’t hear his name get mentioned by the broadcast crew.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Does anybody know if Dallas Turner played? He didn’t show up in the box score and I didn’t hear his name get mentioned by the broadcast crew.

I believe he suited up (he wasn’t listed as an inactive) but never got into the game? I never heard his name called and he didn’t record any stats

Dan
    Southeast MN

I remember seeing him out there so I know he played. The way their front 7 have been playing it seems like there’s a different guy or two each week that gets the stat line numbers. They sure are fun to watch. Their stunts are fun to keep an eye on every down, especially that Jones sack.

Rip I’m extremely positive about yesterday. There are obviously some things to not be happy about but as long as it doesn’t carry over. Look at the previous 24 hours before the Vikings game-the Gophers were getting blown out and looked like garbage and then came to within 3 and almost beat Michigan. Great moral victory, but that won’t help a thing for rankings, bowl eligibility, etc. Then later Saturday night Alabama was absolutely blowing out Georgia and were able to win by only 7.

It’s still a big win against a playoff team from last year and a good team and possible playoff team this year. On the road. And a lot of things went very well, and hopefully the second half issues were more mental and can be fixed.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I don’t recall the NFC ever being this wide open. The Vikings have clearly shown themselves to be the best team this far. Behind them there are quite a few question marks for a log jam of teams. A case could probably be made for any of them to push the Vikings…but for now I’m not sold on any of them taking down the Vikes.

The Eagles are reeling and the Siriani/Hurts combination is looking like it’s hit a wall. I wouldn’t bet on them come playoff time.

The 49ers are all over the place. Their defense hasn’t lived up to it’s hype/talent level, and the straw that stirs the drink in CMC may not play at all this season

The Packers are en route to having the worst Special Teams unit for the third consecutive season in the NFL by all major statistical measures. They also have no consistent pass rush without bringing a blitz and are banged up on the back end.

The Cowboys have no running game and their defense is inconsistent. They also still have Jerry Jones which is the ultimate anchor to winning in the modern era.

The Commies are relevant again with some young talent. They haven’t really beat anyone who is good, but still a solid start.

The Bucs are relevant and Baker Mayfield is in the MVP conversation early on. That offense can really sling it and although some of the weapons aren’t getting any younger, they have been a part of some big games over the years and it shows.

The Seahawks and Lions play tonight and will add some clarity to who else is an NFC contender. I predict the Lions show themselves to be the better team over the long haul, but stranger things have happened.

stout93
    Becker MN

I saw him drop into coverage on two plays and said to myself…WTF?

I thought this guy was supposed to be a stud pass rusher and you have him dropping into a zone, plus he was no where to be seen when Love was dropping back every play in the second half..

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

A win is a Win. But this one was Ugly. You get 5 turn overs in a game, the other teams kicker misses 2 real makeable FG’s, and you are up by 28 Pts. and you only win by 2 pts. That’s a Ugly win.Then again Love did pass for near 400 yards and 4 TD’s. I think the Vikings Def. was shown to be a little over rated in this game. I think they only had one Sack against a far less than 100% mobile QB. It goes down as a win and I’ll take it but they have some work to do this week prior to the next game. Sure would be nice to beat Rodgers and be 5-0 going into the bye week.

JEREMY
    BP

The one time they didnt need to be agressive to end the first half they try. Should have just ran the ball and killed the clock. There wouldnt have been time for that muffed punt to even happen.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I think the reactions here are a case of PTSVF (Post Traumatic Stress of Viking Fandom). That was a domination. Period. The defense only gave up one TD off the muffed punt thru 3 quarters (and 2 missed FG’s). The offense went 6 plays 73 yards, 8 plays 73 yards and 7 plays 46 yards in their first 3 drives. You can’t really start much better!

Turnovers let the Pack back in the game, but even when they cut it to a one score game with 10 minutes in the 4th, the Vikes answered with 3 to get it back to a 2 score game, and the defense kept coming up huge. And the Pack only got it back to 1 score with 1:22 left and no TO’s. GB scoring drives were 2 on extremely short fields, and 2 against prevent defenses. Vikings held the #1 rushing team to 86 rushing yards.

CaptainMusky

I just read the Vikings are 2nd in rush defense yards allowed per game. 32nd for Pass. That has to change.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

After the games tonight there will only be 2 maybe 3 undefeated teams remaining. The Viking’s being 1 of those teams. Who would have thought that. Other than the Giants all the wins are against rather good teams as well ( yes even GB is a good team )

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I just read the Vikings are 2nd in rush defense yards allowed per game. 32nd for Pass. That has to change.

And it will since both of those are pretty skewed by gameflow. We have had the lead for almost the entire season thus far, which means less running and more throwing from our opponents.

Ripjiggen

“Rip I’m extremely positive about yesterday. There are obviously some things to not be happy about but as long as it doesn’t carry over. Look at the previous 24 hours before the Vikings game-the Gophers were getting blown out and looked like garbage and then came to within 3 and almost beat Michigan. Great moral victory, but that won’t help a thing for rankings, bowl eligibility, etc. Then later Saturday night Alabama was absolutely blowing out Georgia and were able to win by only 7.”

I guess I a failing to see your point. Are you saying you wish they tried hard for a comeback loss rather than to win the game.
    Moral victories are for 8 year olds. There are no moral victories in pro sports. It’s either a win or a loss.

Ripjiggen

And the pack heading into the game were the 1 rush defense. Probably why the vikes got stuffed 3 times from 1 yard in the second half. Trying to play “smashmoth”football. Still ran the ball 34 times.

Ripjiggen

I don’t recall the NFC ever being this wide open. The Vikings have clearly shown themselves to be the best team this far. Behind them there are quite a few question marks for a log jam of teams. A case could probably be made for any of them to push the Vikings…but for now I’m not sold on any of them taking down the Vikes.

The Eagles are reeling and the Siriani/Hurts combination is looking like it’s hit a wall. I wouldn’t bet on them come playoff time.

The 49ers are all over the place. Their defense hasn’t lived up to it’s hype/talent level, and the straw that stirs the drink in CMC may not play at all this season

The Packers are en route to having the worst Special Teams unit for the third consecutive season in the NFL by all major statistical measures. They also have no consistent pass rush without bringing a blitz and are banged up on the back end.

The Cowboys have no running game and their defense is inconsistent. They also still have Jerry Jones which is the ultimate anchor to winning in the modern era.

The Commies are relevant again with some young talent. They haven’t really beat anyone who is good, but still a solid start.

The Bucs are relevant and Baker Mayfield is in the MVP conversation early on. That offense can really sling it and although some of the weapons aren’t getting any younger, they have been a part of some big games over the years and it shows.

The Seahawks and Lions play tonight and will add some clarity to who else is an NFC contender. I predict the Lions show themselves to be the better team over the long haul, but stranger things have happened.

I agree with most of your assesment.
    Long season to go and health will play a big part for all these teams.

I still think the 49ers are a team to beat but that team has played a lot of football the last few years.
    I think the Eagles defense is a shell of its former self.
    NFC is definitely wide open and probably mediocre overall. That is the best part about the NFL is the playoffs teams change from year to year.

Jayden Daniel’s sure looks good. Did the bears take the wrong QB again?

Viewing 30 posts - 571 through 600 (of 723 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.