2024 Vikings

• JoeMX1825
    MN

Update on Sam Darnold injury by Kevin Siefert, it’s only a knee bruise and he will NOT miss any time…

CaptainMusky

Update on Sam Darnold injury by Kevin Siefert, it’s only a knee bruise and he will NOT miss any time…

That is great news.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Darnold has looked better than I expected. He’s made a few poor decisions and gotten away with it so far. If he can cut back on them and not try and force things he will be fine. Good enough team around him that all he needs to be is smart and play average football. Rather or not they are for real yet, still a bite early to tell. But at this point they are looking good

JoeMX1825
    MN

After watching KOC’s press conference today and thinking outside of MN Pro sports Coaching Royalty (Bud Grant, Tom Kelly, Cheryl Reeve) can you think of any other all time MN Pro Sports coaches who knows their $hit better than KOC? Dude handles himself so well, I can see how the players love to play for him…hopefully Kwesi can give him the players to win a SB…

I also love the fact he wears a “BUD” hat…

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Mike Zimmer may not last much longer in Dallas if his defense continues to get shredded like this. That’s two weeks in a row at home now that their defense has been torched in the first half. He looks like the same old grumpy guy on the sidelines there as he did here.

orve4

September 23, 2024 at 3:13 pm#2290554
    After watching KOC’s press conference today and thinking outside of MN Pro sports Coaching Royalty (Bud Grant, Tom Kelly, Cheryl Reeve) can you think of any other all time MN Pro Sports coaches who knows their $hit better than KOC? Dude handles himself so well, I can see how the players love to pay for him…hopefully Kwesi can give him the players to win a SB…

Id say flip Saunders for Basketball. I liked Gardy I think he did some good things with limited resources and small payroll. The worst Had to be Mike Tice.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Id say flip Saunders for Basketball. I liked Gardy I think he did some good things with limited resources and small payroll

two other good examples, I just think KOC is moving up the ladder extremely fast, especially with his young age…

LabDaddy1

After watching KOC’s press conference today and thinking outside of MN Pro sports Coaching Royalty (Bud Grant, Tom Kelly, Cheryl Reeve) can you think of any other all time MN Pro Sports coaches who knows their $hit better than KOC? Dude handles himself so well, I can see how the players love to play for him…hopefully Kwesi can give him the players to win a SB…

I also love the fact he wears a “BUD” hat…

Completely agree. Also, some may not realize it but he was a really good quarterback himself. And this is the stat that really shocked me— dude is 6’5” shock

Dan
    Southeast MN

two other good examples, I just think KOC is moving up the ladder extremely fast, especially with his young age…

One thing I really enjoy after they win is finding KOC’s post-game lockerroom speech on social media. They’re only a few minutes long and he hands out game balls and rallies the team. You can tell he’s really good with this group of guys and pulls the team together. Managing and leading people is obviously part of the job description but that’s easier said than done and he does it quite well.

There are local and national sports analysts who talk about how KOC manages QB’s and his overall offensive mind in ways that I really haven’t heard much before, I think he’s a pretty rare guy.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

doah just read where Vegas still doesnt have much faith in the vikes….there underdogs again this week.

GB is favored by 2.5………basically home field advantage!!!!!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

That line is not unusual for a home field spread. It might change depending on whether Jordan Love is able to play. The first day of practice for week 4 isn’t until tomorrow.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

That line will for sure change if Love is at any point ruled “out.” As good as the gameplan and defense has been to support Willis as a successful backup this far…the Vikings are good. If Willis is confirmed to be the guy against the Vikings, that line will get hammered into oblivion and move quickly.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

doah just read where Vegas still doesnt have much faith in the vikes….there underdogs again this week.

GB is favored by 2.5………basically home field advantage!!!!!

Home team starts +3, so GB +2.5 is a slight favor to the Vikings. And like Bucky said if Love is out, it should swing heavily in the Vikes favor. I’d be locking in that spread asap and heavily if I were a betting man. But I’m not a betting man bc of the Vikings so take that for what it’s worth. rotflol rotflol rotflol

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Near my house.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_8066.jpg

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Not sure if this was mentioned. but the throw back uniforms were rockin’ it!

-J.

ThunderLund78

The roller coaster that is this team… we went from a rebuilding “bridge-to-the-next-QB” type of year to “it’s this year, or no year” in just 3 games. I’m enjoying it as much as the next guy, but we’re one injury away from a Nick Mullens mediocrity fest. And I would say it’s statistically probable that we do have that for at least a few games.

This Defense is the real deal, but Flo is going to have to keep it fresh. A few more weeks of putting it on film and I think we come back to earth a bit.

Yes, I’m a cynical, skeptical, lifelong Vikings fan – SKOL!

JoeMX1825
    MN

I’m enjoying it as much as the next guy, but we’re one injury away from a Nick Mullens mediocrity fest

I was worried about this too, but you can say this about practically EVERY NFL team…Starting QB goes down, its likely season over…of course there are rare cases of backup QB success (Case Keenum)

Ripjiggen

Sam has actually started a season 3-0 before. Just for it to come crashing back to earth and winning 2 more games the rest of the season. I am enjoying the ride currently for what it is worth, entertaining football.
    Lots of football left. Just such a long season to stay healthy for every team.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

A few years back didn’t the Vikings start 3-0 and then lost the next 5? I’m nowhere near the bandwagon. They are not sucking me in again, yet!!

Ripjiggen

A few years back didn’t the Vikings start 3-0 and then lost the next 5? I’m nowhere near the bandwagon. They are not sucking me in again, yet!!

No.

2016 they started 5-0 and then lost 4 in a row and 6 of their next 7. That was under Zim. This regime is much different IMO…

It certainly was rocking inside the stadium Sunday. Fun atmosphere.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

A few years back didn’t the Vikings start 3-0 and then lost the next 5?

I looked back at the last 15 seasons and could not find a single season that started like that.

Maybe it was a little longer than “a few years ago.”

They started 5-0 one year under Dennis Green and missed the playoffs on the final play of week 16 against Arizona. That was about 20 years ago.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Mike Zimmer may not last much longer in Dallas if his defense continues to get shredded like this. That’s two weeks in a row at home now that their defense has been torched in the first half. He looks like the same old grumpy guy on the sidelines there as he did here.

Good point and I actually forgot he was there. So happy to have Zimmer gone, I had been beating the fire Zim drum for his last 3 years here.

Pitter patter

We’ll see how they do against a superior team in a hostile environment this week.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

We’ll see how they do against a superior team in a hostile environment this week.

rotflol rotflol rotflol yea they beat a couple powerhouses in Indy and Tenn!!!!!!!!! whistling whistling

LabDaddy1

I prefer crankbaits for this technique, whereas you prefer words… coffee

BigWerm
    SW Metro

2016 season is what you are referencing, that was the one where Teddy almost died from a knee injury in the preseason, so they traded for Bradford, AP and the entire 2 deep OL got hurt, and then they didn’t let AP come back and play at the end of the year. Great draft that year by Spielman too….

http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Minnesota_Vikings_season#:~:text=The%202016%20season%20was%20the%20Minnesota

They’ve started 3-0 10 times, a few regular post season losses, a couple SB losses in the 70’s, and a bunch of NFC championship losses (Pearson Pushoff, 41-donut, Gary Anderson and Bountygate). So anyway enjoy the ride!!! rotflol rotflol

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

The Packers are running a backup QB out against an undefeated team.

Hopefully the Packers can keep it close enough that it’s worth watching

Viewing 30 posts - 511 through 540 (of 723 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.