2024 Vikings

• CaptainMusky

Dont you get Fox9 Joe? What am I missing here?

Brittman

Most NFL games can be streamed on your phone one way or another if you are not in your home watching the game.

Vikings should be available via live stream on Fox9 or FUBO (etc.) I know some streaming functions do not work if you are not in the right area code.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Dont you get Fox9 Joe? What am I missing here?

not up north at my cabin over the air…although I get Channel 4 in perfect HD…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Vikings should be available via live stream on Fox9

I would think so as well, but what i’ve seen online mentions the pregame shows will be on Fox9 app, but doesn’t mention the actual game… I guess i’ll find out Sunday at noon…

Ripjiggen

Can’t you use your comcast app?

JoeMX1825
    MN

Can’t you use your comcast app?

i’ll give that one a try as well… although knowing Comcast there will probably be some extra tier needed…

Ripjiggen

I have watched Vikings games in the boat on my phone with comcast app.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Count me among the group looking at this year as simply entertainment. I’m a huge football fan but I don’t have any hopes for a playoff run. Part of the reason I say this is because even though this is expected to be a down year I know I will encounter plenty of friends, coworkers, and internet traffic complaining when they struggle, to which I will say “what did you expect?” My personal expectation is that they lose to the better teams on their difficult schedule and thus miss the playoffs and my hope is that we get glimmers of hope in certain areas that show the reformed defense playing decent together and the key offensive players continuing to produce. Every year there are teams that show some hope, put up a fight and scare some good teams, but ultimately miss the playoffs. If the Vikings can do that they’ll carry some momentum into an offseason where they’ll be getting McCarthy back for a full offseason and have a large amount of money to spend in free agency.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

I picked up an RCA antenna yesterday that has a signal booster on it, get 54 channels with it. I mounted it in a south facing window of garage. I Live in Sauk rapids and package said it had 80 mile range so am able to get all the stations from cities. With this, can watch all the main stations that carry games, have Amazon prime and we get peacock from having a subscription to something else. Only thing missing is ESPN.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Prescott just signed a 4 year/240 mil contract extension this morning. He will make 60 mil/year starting next season. That makes him the highest paid QB/player in league history, surpassing Burrow, Lawrence, and Love, who were all making an average salary of 55 mil/year.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Option 1 – fail
    Option 2 – fail

Well Fox9 app only streams the pregame show (not the actual game) and the Xfinity app makes me jump through all the sign-in hoops and then tells me it needs to be on my home wifi (it wont stream via cell signal). It pops up screen that says “some providers only allow live broadcasts played via home wifi”

I f’ing hate the cable company…

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Option 1 – fail
    Option 2 – fail

Well Fox9 app only streams the pregame show (not the actual game) and the Xfinity app makes me jump through all the sign-in hoops and then tells me it needs to be on my home wifi (it wont stream via cell signal). It pops up screen that says “some providers only allow live broadcasts played via home wifi”

I f’ing hate the cable company…

i thought you were talking about the Vikings offense!!!!! rotflol rotflol rotflol

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Give me the Vikings 27-20 over the Giants.

Darnold will open some eyes.

…10/10 for 136 yards and a TD halfway through the 2nd quarter

whistling

Charles

You can stream it on your phone, you just have to the find the right stream.

Man it’s nice to see a quarter back that can actually air out the ball.

Ripjiggen

Took care of business on the road against a real bad team.
    Aaron Jones could really help this offense.
    Injury to Addison isn’t great.
    Flores defensive schemes are fun to watch

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I didn’t realize the Giants were THAT bad. They are borderline handicapped on offense.

Still, minus the two turnovers and a few penalties, the Vikings looked pretty good on both sides of the ball.

Stiffer tests await, starting next week against the defending NFC champs.

Ripjiggen

Giants will have a top 5 pick.

Karl Hungus
    Carver County, Minnesota

Best part of the day was Cousins performance…

ThunderLund78

I will hold any real assessments until they play a real team next week. But it was a fun game against an atrocious squad. That Van Dinkle pick-6 has been on replay in my brain all afternoon. Darnold provided reason for optimism against what was supposed to be a pretty good, or at least improved defense. And the “new guys” on D for the Vikes will be a fun bunch to watch. Refreshing to see a competent run game, as well. Hoping Aaron Jones can stay healthy, Chandler was a decent compliment to him today, as well.

JoeMX1825
    MN

After watching the game recap video tonight on youtube the biggest thing I took away was that the Vikings O-line was able to open some holes for Jones and they kept Darnold upright for most of the game. If you can give any Pro QB some time, they’ll make plays…

Next week will tell what kind of team this is…

eyeguy507
    SE MN

next week is the Sam Darnold revenge game. i will have to re watch the game but seems like Bflo had his fingerprints on this one?

Brittman

I would assume Darnold will have more to share about the 49ers offensive schemes than Dobbs will be able to share on the Vikings. Especially since the 49ers are pretty much the same group as last year.

Ripjiggen

After watching the game recap video tonight on youtube the biggest thing I took away was that the Vikings O-line was able to open some holes for Jones and they kept Darnold upright for most of the game. If you can give any Pro QB some time, they’ll make plays…

Next week will tell what kind of team this is…

It’s week 2 so I doubt it will tell us much about how the season will play out for either team.

Ripjiggen

I would assume Darnold will have more to share about the 49ers offensive schemes than Dobbs will be able to share on the Vikings. Especially since the 49ers are pretty much the same group as last year.

And vice versa. I’m guessing the 49ers know just as much about Darnold.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

Aaron Jones is such a stud; If he, Uncle Sam, and Jet can stay healthy. The 2024 Vikings are going to be a tough team to beat. The D looked great as well.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Didn’t get to watch the whole game, but was pretty confused why Jones was still getting carries late in the 4th. Good to see the defense and OL playing well to start, the Giants maybe terrible but their DL is as good as anyone in the NFL.

AnotherFisherman

Was a fun game to watch! NFC North standings looks pretty good this morning…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Didn’t get to watch the whole game, but was pretty confused why Jones was still getting carries late in the 4th. Good to see the defense and OL playing well to start, the Giants maybe terrible but their DL is as good as anyone in the NFL.

I heard on KFAN that they were trying to get him 100 yards rushing, yeah not the smartest thing for a player with injury history…The O-Line play was the biggest positive I took away from the game… it took them a quarter to get going, but they played well the rest of the game against a really good front…Bradbury continues to get plowed backwards though, they need to address that position next draft/free agency…

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Was a fun game to watch! NFC North standings looks pretty good this morning…

It’s just week one, but yeah it couldn’t have gone much better for the purple. They dominated, Pack lost the game and their QB for awhile, Bears looked atrocious but were gifted a W, and Lions look like the class of the division like was expected. Two team race toast chased jester rotflol jester (KIDDING!!!!)

CaptainMusky

Yeah the O Line struggled early but then stepped it up and looked pretty dang good. Dallas Turner that rookie DE is going to be a stud. Uncharacteristic fumble by Ham, but that was kind of a fluke play. Overall happy with both sides of the ball. Darnold looked like I thought he would. He was sharp and accurate. I didnt like how they ran the play clock down to 0 all the time so they need to figure out something there to speed that up.

Viewing 30 posts - 391 through 420 (of 477 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.