2024 Vikings

• Ripjiggen

The Mc Carthy injury has nothing to do win Wins and Losses THIS year. Zero.

But it is a major gut punch and complication for the future of this team.

There is no positive spin or silver lining. If you really think there is then I’d love to know what you are smoking.

Well he will get to learn the playbook at a snails pace. whistling

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

There is no positive spin or silver lining. If you really think there is then I’d love to know what you are smoking.

OK I will bite. I put a significant bet on them hitting the under. This gives me more promise, as the money like will likely move because of this surgery/injury. So that’s my silver lining positive spin on it.

stout93
    Becker MN

Exactly..

Anyone trying to put a positive spin on this is delusional…

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Just keeps getting better and better

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1823.png

Ripjiggen

Good lord. Can we just fast forward to next season.

dirtywater

I’d rather see Jordan carted off than driving the cart. Too soon?

CaptainMusky

I wonder what happens if he gets suspended I would imagine while he is injured he would have to serve that penalty once healthy.
    This is just turning into a repeat of last year already.
    I hate these joint practices with a passion because there is a lot of chipiness in them.

troutbum
    St. Paul

Theyre all chippy. Cowboys DT Albert Huggins pushed a Rams coach to the ground today.

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

Completely agree on the assessment for this season, but I think it’s less about positive spin/silver lining than it is that it’s not all doom and gloom, gut the team, fire the staff, etc.

If McCarthy is the real deal, we will know next year. If he is NOT the real deal, then 2 pre-season games and scout team snaps during the regular season wouldn’t have changed that. It just really sucks that we now have to wait until next year to find out that answer.

Ripjiggen

Completely agree on the assessment for this season, but I think it’s less about positive spin/silver lining than it is that it’s not all doom and gloom, gut the team, fire the staff, etc.

Not sure anyone suggested that.

CaptainMusky

Theyre all chippy. Cowboys DT Albert Huggins pushed a Rams coach to the ground today.

That’s exactly what I mean. Years ago there was all out brawls with Vikings and chiefs.

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>troutbum wrote:</div>

That’s exactly what I mean. Years ago there was all out brawls with Vikings and chiefs.

That’s because they brought in a WWE/UFC fighter to practice. jester

Dan
    Southeast MN

I’d rather see Jordan carted off than driving the cart. Too soon?

Not at all, got a chuckle out of me. We’ll done sir.

Pitter patter

Should get a high draft pick next year though

Tlazer

Should get a high draft pick next year though

Probably for the next 5-6 years.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0976-1.jpg

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

We’re literally not even to week 2 of the pre season and people are already talking about a high draft pick for next year. You can’t make this up.

I thought they would go about 7-10, 8-9, or maybe 9-8 this season, even before the “backup” QB got hurt. I see no reason to change that projection.

CaptainMusky

I thought they would go about 7-10, 8-9, or maybe 9-8 this season, even before the “backup” QB got hurt. I see no reason to change that projection.

The main issue that recently happened was JJ’s injury (not a big impact to team this year) and the Addison arrest and now his injury. Depending how his suspension is doled out and how severe his injury is he could be out half the season I would think. I am sure they wont assess the suspension games if he is injured. Losing WR2 is pretty dang big.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

devil

Attachments:
    1. FB_IMG_1723858863291.jpg

MX1825

glenn I didn’t know you had Packer girlfriends? whistling

glenn57
    cold spring mn

glenn I didn’t know you had Packer girlfriends? whistling

rotflol rotflol not much there to pick from! shock

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

The Vikings aren’t even playing Darnold today… they must be really confident! jester

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

The Vikings aren’t even playing Darnold today… they must be really confident! jester

If our luck continues and Darnold’s knee explodes then we’d be going into the season with Mullens as the #1.

troutbum
    St. Paul

Mullens will replace Darnold by game 8. Darnold’s completion % under pressure is abysmal. Dude is overwhelmed and has never acclimated to the speed of the game. O’Connell loved play action with Kirky. Darnold will nuke any offensive flow in that scenario. Put this kid up on the forgettable QB list.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Jackson vs Nailor for the 3rd WR has ben a good battle all camp…oh and Lewis Cine decided to play football today…

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I used to bleed purple up to when Gary missed that chip shot against ATL. Fantasy football saved my real life and made me some lucrative money just by watching games! I would like to thank Draftkings for the brand new truck in my driveway and the tuition for my kid when she graduates in a couple years.

This team let me down so much it’s amazing I still care but not really. JJ will be a great QB but once again this curse is here to stay. My fantasy team will always make me money and its sad but that is how I cope.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Hey, at least Corral looked good! devil

Meanwhile, KC thought it was OK to play Mahomes. He just did some behind the back pass to Kelce. But, what do they know about winning football games anyway…

CaptainMusky

They’re signing Gilmore. I like the move big time.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Meanwhile, KC thought it was OK to play Mahomes. He just did some behind the back pass to Kelce. But, what do they know about winning football games anyway…

Mahomes and company have played every pre season since he was in the league.

Andy Reid believes that least some live game action helps players prepare for the regular season.

KOC has the complete opposite approach. Virtually zero starters play any time in the pre season.

I personally think starters, offensive and defensive, would benefit players. I feel like they’re very rusty and slow out of the gate in week 1. Even a quarter of play would be enough.

Viewing 30 posts - 331 through 360 (of 477 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.