2024 Timberwolves

• eyeguy507
    SE MN

With Kittykat gone, I thought a new thread was in order. I am super excited for the new season and a facelift. Never been a fan of Kat and all the whining he does. I would have shipped him off and signed Jimmy years ago but my opinion is meaningless. He makes too much money for what he gives back and its a business decision that was not a surprising move, it just took all summer to find a deal to absorb that kind of contract. I wish him well but after the honeymoon phase he will go back to the old whiny kitty he has always been. Great guy but not a great player.
    Randle was in the deal to make the money work and not sure he will stay but he is a dog and this team could use guys like that. Divencenzo has improved EVERY year and is a flame throwing 3 point shooter this team will need. The 1st round Pistons pick seems like a downer after all the stipulations attached to it but this was a good deal for both teams. Gives the wolves flexibility to extend Naz or add another solid free agent I think?

Wildlifeguy

I’ll still maintain this was a move about money, and the basketball effects were a distant second consideration. I don’t share your enthusiasm for Randle, nor the belief that any second big deal is coming. The other guy is a back-up, and while the shooting is nice he will in reality probably just hinder the development of the two guys we just drafted. This is a wing and a prayer hope that Naz and Jaden can still improve while not paying the tax. If it works, great, if it doesn’t you’ve just wasted the prime of the guy you picked to be lead dog, and we’re back in the usual Wolves rut. With so little draft capital remaining, there’s really no margin for error, and no place between those options. I would wager most rational Wolves fans expect the worst as its usually what happens with this team.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Absolutely a business decision. Karl was the odd man out. Feelings will be hurt but he don’t help in the grand scheme of things. Ant is the future and Karl don’t fit the timeline. Great move by TC and the season can’t come soon enough.
    The West will be tough unlike the cakewalk in the East.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.