2024 Live From The Tree

• deertracker

Did not see anything this morning. It’s a really weird fall here. Normally see a ton of deer but cameras have been very quiet.
    DT

Justin riegel

First ever deer hunt for my daughter. Chances are low but you never know

Attachments:
    1. 20241017_163126-scaled.jpg

JEREMY
    BP

My deer stand is built like a brick s house and it’s shaking. Sit in the house and look out a window or sit in stand and do the same. Stand it is.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Here’s a friends biggun from last night in WI.

deertracker

Two weeks ago when I was up bow hunting I had a stomach issue and had to climb down and take care of business under my stand. I couldn’t make it any farther.

Tonight my son and I were bow hunting in hang-on stands in the same tree. It’s a double stand set but you go from the ladder sticks, into his stand and then I climb into mine from his.

Well tonight, with like 10 minutes left my stomach hit me hard and I thought I was going to poop myself. My son said, ok, I’ll get down. I said too late. Close your eyes and plug your ears. I had to let it fly from the stand right next to my son. hah

I’ve narrowed the issue down to the Dunkin Doughnuts caramel iced coffee. Both times I drank that and within 30 minutes my stomach didn’t like me. doah

Thank god for man wipes.

DT

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Lol been there done that. Not with my kid next to me. I have come home from the woods with out my underwear more then once. For me its drinking a red bull and then a coffee before I get in the woods.
    Did the kid tease you rotflol rotflol

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Oh geeze!
    my bloody mary just went out my nose.

Thanks DT

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Well that stand is done for the year.Is your son looking for a therapist now?

deertracker

Well that stand is done for the year.Is your son looking for a therapist now?

Years ago I had a friend go at the base of his tree. Shot a mature buck a few days later. yay
    DT

deertracker

Absolutely gorgeous morning in the stand. Light north wind. Cooler temps. Rain is supposed to start at 10.
    DT

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0657-scaled.jpeg

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Absolutely gorgeous morning in the stand. Light north wind. Cooler temps. Rain is supposed to start at 10.
    DT

Hunting the rain after such a dry spell is about as good as it gets.
    Just have to make sure you get a nice clean shot placement

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

DT, both myself and a particular person on here shot out biggest bucks the same morning that the tummy rumbles completely took over the hunt. And scrambling down from the stand almost didn’t happen. I always pack a good roll of tp in the backpack in a plastic bag.

I don’t want to say any particular names, but this person’s name starts with an S and rhymes with Karen. Could be anyone….. whistling coffee

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

I’ve narrowed the issue down to the Dunkin Doughnuts caramel iced coffee. Both times I drank that and within 30 minutes my stomach didn’t like me

oh my!!! dang coffee!!!

Sharon
    SE Metro

I don’t want to say any particular names, but this person’s name starts with an S and rhymes with Karen. Could be anyone…

Ummm yep, I will admit the morning nature abruptly called and I had to go near my stand is the same day I shot my biggest buck! And he’s currently in my living room! mrgreen woot

Attachments:
    1. IMG_4854.jpeg

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Nice deer Sharon but what chitty story behind it.

Pailofperch

Nice deer Sharon but what chitty story behind it.

rotflol rotflol rotflol

Pailofperch

I couldn’t take it another second and barely got down in time. Climbing down 18 feet while clenching is another kind of torture!! An hour later….. woot

Attachments:
    1. 1211151813a_HDR-scaled.jpg

deertracker

Well, my son went out tonight by himself with the rifle. He shot a fork horn and thought it died just into the woods. Another fork horn was staring right where it went so he assumed it was right there. I told him to get down and confirm. Of course, it wasn’t there. I did find this blood but with the rain I struggled to find where it went from there. Going to go look in the morning. Supposed to get down to 36 tonight. Did find a couple small clumps of white hair and one small chunk of what looked like meat.
    DT

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0661-scaled.jpeg

Pailofperch

Looks to be a considerable amount of blood.
    Hoping for the best for you two.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Hopefully you guys can find it dt. Nothing worse then loosing blood to rain

Pailofperch

Out solo this morning. Lotta deer on my 25 mile drive. I came to a complete stop 4 different times.
    The woods were super quiet and then the duck hunters cut loose. Holy Hannah. Heard a few rifle shots in there as well. With the full moon some of the squirrels were cruising and crunching am hour before light. Had a Barred owl checking me out in the moonlight also. One young 8 pointer that walked the right line got my adrenaline up for just a moment until he got close enough to identify.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20241019_073244637-scaled.jpg

2. IMG_20241019_074104866-scaled.jpg

27eyeguy

Good luck on recovery DT. I made it out this morning for my first sit of the year. Warmer than I like, but it sure is colorful n beautiful.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Out solo as well, had one close but well before shooting hours. A few shots this morning. Kiddo works at a haunted acres so she gets home late and messing up her youth hunt, went be about to get her out until tomorrow afternoon.

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

good luck to all of you!!!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’m also solo sitting this morning. Kids been hacking his lungs out so I told him to get rest.
    I had something cruise by me at 545 about 15 minutes after I got the stand set. Trying out the new novix and x2 sticks.
    The squirrels are out in full force. I can see 5 right now as I type this.

Attachments:
    1. 20241019_083753-scaled.jpg

Pailofperch

If there were such a thing as an actual silent pellet gun, I’d need the 4 wheeler and a trailer to haul back all the squirrels I’d have this morning.

I grunted a couple times blindly. Sure enough I hear running in my direction. Got the bow all ready and this little fella shows up. He circled me twice trying to find the buck that surely was gonna kick his butt.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20241019_0853578402.jpg

Jimmy Jones

I’m also solo sitting this morning. Kids been hacking his lungs out so I told him to get rest.
    I had something cruise by me at 545 about 15 minutes after I got the stand set. Trying out the new novix and x2 sticks.

That looks like a great stand site BC.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

In the new non-tower tower blind with Thomas for the youth hunt. He’s a little snakebit having seen nothing last season but so far we have seen some does and spikes. His older brother passed on a 6 yesterday.

My dad and I whipped together the pictured blind last week. It replaces a ground blind we’ve been using for 10 years on the same spot so it was time.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20241019_091906098-scaled.jpg

2. IMG_20241016_153533619-scaled.jpg

3. IMG_20241016_163455907-scaled.jpg

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

That looks like a great stand site BC.

Corn field to my back side, I’m sitting in the oaks facing a swamp. I’ve shot alot of deer out of this area in the past.
    I’m back home tending to a sickling household and making breakfast. Hoping to sneak back in this spot this evening.

Viewing 30 posts - 241 through 270 (of 285 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.