2024 Live From The Tree

• Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Good job young BC and Micheal. waytogo

I wasn’t into shooting a doe last night or I could’ve. The two cell cams I have out both had younger bucks walking by daylight yesterday. One will be nice if he survives this year. On a roof right now and would love to be in a stand instead.

CaptainMusky

Awesome job guys! BC GLad your son has been working hard to practice and was rewarded what a great shot too and nice sized doe for his first with a bow!

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Deer out tonight. Two fields by house prolly had 15 plus in them each coming home from work. Cameras going off now too.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Deer out tonight. Two fields by house prolly had 15 plus in them each coming home from work. Cameras going off now too.

The kids and I jusent went to my mom’s in Lindstrom for dinner. Most every field on my way home had deer in them. We just got back. Would have been a good night to hunt.

Michael Best

We have a trifecta for good deer movement this evening.
    Cooler temps, barometric pressure is up and riding moon in the evening.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Old man stupidity question. Do you think bucks will kill coon? Went out this afternoon and filled water tanks. 4 dead coon all with big puncture wounds. Kind of like a pitch fork, but much larger round holes. Spacing of holes would match mid size buck G2-4

Pailofperch

Randy, if a buck did that, I’d love to watch a video!!! That would be wild. “Buck” Norris taking on the trash pandas just round house kicking and spearing with the head gear! shock woot
    I’m sure they can if they want to. I’ve seen an aggressive step or two towards turkeys or squirrels. Wouldn’t be totally out of the question in my mind.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Pulled sd card of nearest camera. 9/25 to now just exploded with bucks hitting the water tanks..,, and a lot of coon. Plenty of bucks fight each other – funny – they drink, walk 20 feet away and fight, then both go back to the tank and drink again. No vids of buck vs coon.

Btw tank cam went from about 15-20 vids a day to well over 1000 for last week

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Perfect night, can only get better one way!

Attachments:
    1. IMG_8779-scaled.jpeg

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Perfect night, can only get better one way!

A fat doob and a big buck lol.

Michael Best

Good luck BigWerm!
    Tge deer should be moving tonight.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Any good reports tonight?

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Heard 6 coyotes around me, and saw 2 but they didn’t give me a shot. I’m thinking I need to make some moves to a different piece of land as my encounters with predators vs prey ratio is WAY off at this one.

JEREMY
    BP

Why were you in a stand? Aint you a ground hunter?

JEREMY
    BP

Seen a little 8 pointer sniffing across the road when I went to my parents last night. Small buck chasing 2 does and a fawn around across the field from my garden when I got there.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Why were you in a stand? Aint you a ground hunter?

I got a new Summit Climber, so I use it occasionally for the few spots that make sense. Still ground hunt, and likely will be on the ground the majority of the time especially since I’m going to stay on the move looking for new spots now. I’ve put about 10 miles on scouting this area (you know the one) in the last couple weeks, and have seen way more predator sign than deer sign.

JEREMY
    BP

I havent seen anything for a while where that nice one was a few years ago. I will ask my buddy who lives across the road from all that state land what hes got on camera.

JEREMY
    BP

Big wermy. I’m in my stand and the set screw is loose on my speed dial for the scope. Its at 405fps does that seem right. Don’t wanna leave but if that seems way off I ain’t shooting at anything.

deertracker

Leaving the house at 2am to get to the land at 6. Change quick and get to the stand. My youngest is up to bat with his bow.
    DT

Pailofperch

Go get em DT and little DT!!!

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Good luck DT

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Leaving the house at 2am to get to the land at 6. Change quick and get to the stand. My youngest is up to bat with his bow.
    DT

Good luck to the kid. How old ? And where’s the land you hunt ? Trying to picture 4 hours from Alex? You going sw ?

deertracker

We hunt far NW MN. He’s 17 and my youngest.

Slight change of plans. He worked last night and was going to sleep on the way. He didn’t sleep much and was afraid he would fall asleep in the bow stand so we diverted to a rifle stand for the morning. We will go to a bow stand this evening if the wind cuts out some.
    DT

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

We hunt far NW MN. He’s 17 and my youngest.

Slight change of plans. He worked last night and was going to sleep on the way. He didn’t sleep much and was afraid he would fall asleep in the bow stand so we diverted to a rifle stand for the morning. We will go to a bow stand this evening if the wind cuts out some.
    DT

Good luck to you guys.

deertracker

Very windy.
    DT

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0640-scaled.jpeg

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Looks like a great spot to watch the sun come up. I’m wishing I was in a tree this morning. Deer have been moving non stop for 2 days and all morning on my camera.
    I’m at the point I’m wishing I put out a dozen cameras.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Big wermy. I’m in my stand and the set screw is loose on my speed dial for the scope. Its at 405fps does that seem right. Don’t wanna leave but if that seems way off I ain’t shooting at anything.

Sorry just saw this, I can check mine if you still need it, just let me know.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

DT are all the deer dead yet ?

Viewing 30 posts - 211 through 240 (of 285 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.