2024 Live From The Tree

• Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Enjoying this nice morning on the edge of a skinny meadow. It’s a little drippy but nothing terrible. Had a few deer munching acorns in the dark right around me.
    Saw one of the biggest deer of my life driving home last night. About 7 miles south of where I hunt so not really a chance in hunting it. A Colossus typical 10 point. For sure would be pushing 200 inches. Didn’t miss him with the truck by much as he came up the ditch on the passenger side while I was rounding a corner. Still shaking my head. Builds the excitement anyhow!

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20241012-0755042.png

2. IMG_20241012_074033588-scaled.jpg

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

For sure would be pushing 200 inches. Didn’t miss him with the truck by much as he came up the ditch on the passenger side while I was rounding a corner. Still shaking my head. Builds the excitement anyhow!

You didnt turn down into the ditch after him? jester

Pailofperch

You didnt turn down into the ditch after him?

I actually did turn around after going 200 feet down the road. I came back slow and watched him walk away slowly through some tall grass. Had to be careful about deer shining laws but I could’ve watched that buck for hours! I tried, but couldn’t get a pic or video on my phone.

Pailofperch

A few does skirted through the woods and another few grazed down the trail I planted. The fawns are very large and healthy this year.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20241012_102157934-scaled.jpg

hillhiker
    SE MN

Enjoying this nice morning on the edge of a skinny meadow. It’s a little drippy but nothing terrible. Had a few deer munching acorns in the dark right around me.
    Saw one of the biggest deer of my life driving home last night. About 7 miles south of where I hunt so not really a chance in hunting it. A Colossus typical 10 point. For sure would be pushing 200 inches. Didn’t miss him with the truck by much as he came up the ditch on the passenger side while I was rounding a corner. Still shaking my head. Builds the excitement anyhow!

I had a close call with a big 10 myself after hunting last night. It was 4-5 miles from where I hunt, but the farm my dad hunts is just across the bean field the deer came out of. He certainly wasn’t 200″ but I bet 160’s. Needless to say my dad is going out to set up a stand tonight.

I just got the call from the farmer that he’s starting to pick corn at the farm I was at last night, so I’m heading out in a bit in hopes he pushes some deer around.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Sitting my first morning sit finally. Nice to be waking up with the woods. Sitting between corn and bedding swamp in a area with lots of acorns

Attachments:
    1. 20241013_071352-scaled.jpg

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Raining there?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Raining there?

Yes, and windy. That’s the reason I came out. Figured I’d sneak in with the wind being so loud

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Good luck!
    Hopefully we’ll being seeing pics.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Good luck!
    Hopefully we’ll being seeing pics.

I just had a doe come in i was about to shoot and then I seen she had fawns following so I just watched. Looking for a solo doe this morning.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Nothing this morning. I just hiked out. Going to go out with the kid this evening for his first ever archery hunt.

Pailofperch

I’m swaying to and fro, out on the back 40 again. I ate one extra donut after church this morning for some weight to fight the wind. jester

The scrape has been visited a couple times for sure. No giant tracks in it that I can see, but it did rain yesterday. Not a cell cam so I’ll check out the card tonight.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20241013_163117894_HDR-scaled.jpg

Michael Best

I am in a tree on the south pin. Last year I shot a doe out of the tree where the north pin is at.
    Since I am down to only being able to hunt does I am hoping one walks out of the bedding that is north or west of me and heads to the corn field South of me on the other side of this slough.

Really good cold front hitting us right now. The barometric pressure is going to be up a bunch the next two days. Hopefully some of you guys can get out and catch a buck checking scrapes.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’m set up on a scrape line with the kid sitting in a tree 5 yards away. It’s his first bow hunt so I’m just out watching and enjoying.
    We are also swaying in the wind lol hoping the system moving in will get my son on his first archery kill.

Attachments:
    1. 20241013_171928-scaled.jpg

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Had a change of plans, way to hunt got a call from wife’s cousin who is building a house behind ours. The excavator was over digging a trench for his water line and in the process hit a water line connected to our house which was quite a way from ours but apparently wife’s uncles old trailer house that used to be there connected to ours. The crap you find from the things done on an old farm! Anyway, youngest daughter and I sitting behind the house now in a relatives stand.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2626-scaled.jpeg

2. IMG_2627-scaled.jpeg

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Well he hit her hard. Hell yeah. Proud dad moment

Attachments:
    1. Resized_20241013_175420_17288600691231.jpeg

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

awesome BC!!! congrats to your son!!!

Jimmy Jones

Way to go young fella! That first blood is good blood, ain’t it?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

He’s been working his ass off shooting in the yard every day. I told him till he can group a 4 inch diameter at 40 he can go. All week he’s been doing it so I told him today’s the day. And from 33 yards he heart shot it. Very awesome

fishingstar
    central mn / starlake

Good for him! The first time is always a great thing.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Way to go young fella! That first blood is good blood, ain’t it?

Oh yeah it is. I could see his adrenaline shakes the second she dropped. It was awesome. He has 6 deer under his belt with firearms and this is now number 1 with a bow.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Congrats to your boy bc!

All we saw was these fat tasty lookin ones. Cows like sure to follow ya around.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2628-scaled.jpeg

Michael Best

Hell yeah that’s awesome BC. Tell him congrats for me.
    You and I sgot bucks the same night. Now me and your son shot does.
    Got this one tonight.
    We need to coordinate nights we are hunting. lol

Attachments:
    1. IMG_4340-scaled.jpeg

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Nice Michael

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Hell yeah that’s awesome BC. Tell him congrats for me.
    You and I sgot bucks the same night. Now me and your son shot does.
    Got this one tonight.
    We need to coordinate nights we are hunting. lol

Lol that’s awesome. Been a great season. I’ll let you know when I go out next lol. Hoping for a Tuesday evening sit.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Awesome job guys! waytogo

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Would be a great morning to hunt today. The one camera i have out took 75 pics last night. That’s the most active it’s been since I put it out. But of course I have to work

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

They’re getting pretty active around here. two of my 50 gallon water tanks are near empty in 3 days. Little bucks are sparring some and keeping clear of the mature bucks. Been seeing new bucks strolling through but nothing really mature. Don’t have time for butchering so really just time of solitude and maintain my patience.

Rattled last night in the wind and had two little guys rush to a brushline and look over the field. Love these super windy days. Deer are so vocal in this nasty crap

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

They’re getting pretty active around here. two of my 50 gallon water tanks are near empty in 3 days. Little bucks are sparring some and keeping clear of the mature bucks. Been seeing new bucks strolling through but nothing really mature. Don’t have time for butchering so really just time of solitude and maintain my patience.

Rattled last night in the wind and had two little guys rush to a brushline and look over the field. Love these super windy days. Deer are so vocal in this nasty crap

High wind days like yesterday are my absolute favorite to hunt in. The deer stay on there feet and move.

Viewing 30 posts - 181 through 210 (of 285 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.