To warm for just meat is exactly how I feel

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

New slogan….

Attachments:
    1. download-5.jpeg

hillhiker
    SE MN

Of coarse work is sending me out of town the next few days so I won’t get to hunt this cold front. However last night was a good sit even with the heat. I saw 7 does and fawns and 3 bucks including this one I had at 20 yards.

Attachments:
    1. 20240928_203451-scaled.jpg

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Sounds like a good sit hiker. I’m going to try and get out Tuesday evening, leave work a little early.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Oldest daughter and I sitting over an alfalfa field on the ground. Looking for a little meat. Dead calm right now but nice out.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2590-scaled.jpeg

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Had a couple within 40 yards but behind us in the thick stuff, Doe and fawn.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Been way too hot for me to sit out. But I added a couple more water tanks (pools). Didn’t take long for them to get hit. They’re sucking up about 150 gallons a week

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0093-scaled.jpeg

deertracker

First sit of the season for me. Saw a few walking in. Had two bedded right by the gate for the electric fence I pass through.
    DT

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0581-scaled.jpeg

CaptainMusky

DT what a nice morning for a sit! Good Luck!

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I put about 2.5 miles on yesterday scouting a new area, didn’t see much that looked too good. Also found more mountain lion scat than deer scat… shock

JEREMY
    BP

Also found more mountain lion scat than deer scat

Not in Carver I hope.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Not in Carver I hope.

Yup, very near Carver. The Mayor had a video of one last year right in town on top of the hill, and someone in my neighborhood had it in their backyard recently too. Pretty sure I know where it’s spending most of its time and we are probably hunting the same deer.

JEREMY
    BP

So when my friend that lives on the road to Jordan by all that state land keeps losing ducks and chickens he should keep his dogs in at night cause it aint fox.

Justin riegel

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JEREMY wrote:</div>
    Not in Carver I hope.

Yup, very near Carver. The Mayor had a video of one last year right in town on top of the hill, and someone in my neighborhood had it in their backyard recently too. Pretty sure I know where it’s spending most of its time and we are probably hunting the same deer.

Pretty sure those and Grizzly Bears are the only 2 animals that would give 2nd thoughts of hunting alone.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

So when my friend that lives on the road to Jordan by all that state land keeps losing ducks and chickens he should keep his dogs in at night cause it aint fox.

It’s probably coyotes or fox, but could be a mountain lion. Although I doubt it’s hopping the river, plenty of food on either side.

Pretty sure those and Grizzly Bears are the only 2 animals that would give 2nd thoughts of hunting alone

And a pack of wolves, I got my CC specifically for predator protection while bow hunting as one arrow isn’t a lot of protection. Although the primary incident was 3 coyotes that were after a buck I shot.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Don’t need a CC to carry while hunting but nothing wrong with taking the class for training/safety purposes. I will prolly do it myself eventually.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Don’t need a CC to carry while hunting but nothing wrong with taking the class for training/safety purposes. I will prolly do it myself eventually.

You do for bowhunting. And for hunting where single projectile is not legal to hunt with. Both would apply to my situation.

deertracker

No deer spotted from the stand this morning. My cameras have been showing very little deer movement the last few weeks. Back at it again tonight.
    DT

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0583-scaled.jpeg

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Nice looking string on that bow, looks like my gas string i have on the kids phase 4.
    To early in the season for me to hunt mornings yet I’m to scared to blow the deer out. I am itchy to jump the river and get in a tree, maybe this weekend

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Good luck DT.

And yes, it does appear I am wrong on the cc while bow hunting.

Michael Best

Just watched Bill Winke’s whitetail watch.
    He had showed some footage of some patchy frost in the low areas on his property in NE Iowa that passed through yesterday.

Seen this guy again tonight after I got done doing some shooting.
    It seems kind of weird to find a buck that is so daylight active the year I am tagged out early.

Going to try and get a doe shot this weekend. For those guys that will be hunting Saturday morning. The barometer is going to be way up. I would think some bucks could be late getting back to bed that morning.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_4322.png

deertracker

In a new spot today. Was doing a little scouting and found the neighbor has a new brassica plot on the property line that’s probably diverting the deer away from the stand I was sitting in. We will see.
    DT

Attachments:
    1. image-1-scaled.jpg

2. image-scaled.jpg

deertracker

Good thing it’s super windy. The coffee just hit me. Had to climb down and take care of business. doah hah
    DT

BigWerm
    SW Metro

First sit of the year, happy to finally be on topic! toast

Attachments:
    1. IMG_8747-scaled.jpeg

Pailofperch

I didn’t get to quit work early like I hoped. But the moment I could leave,

“I ran from that job. I didn’t grab no shooooooooes or nothin.”

Got up in the stand and set by 5:55. Hopefully ol Brutus strolls through in that magic hour here shortly.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20241004_181501496-scaled.jpg

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

good luck Pop!!!

Pailofperch

Thanks Mike! No go tonight for me. One doe came through about 3 minutes after shooting time ended. I did see two nicer bucks crossing the road on the way home.

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 285 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.