2024 Live From The Tree

• weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

How did you like that set up BC?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

How did you like that set up BC?

I like it. I ordered the easy hook v2 strap that you hang then it holds the stand and you have both hands to strap it and that was slick as heck. It’s definitely a 4 hour stand not a all day sitter but I knew that. With the use of the j hooks the sticks carried perfectly quiet. I just need those summit back pack straps to show up. I used a ratchet strap over the shoulder this morning and that sucked.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Sounds like if you want a nice buck you have to have a tummy ache. whistling

Those are 2 nice bucks POP and Sharon. waytogo

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Let’s try attaching these pics again, friends WI buck and me and my oldest and my nephew yesterday. My other nephew was too slow on the draw and didn’t get a shot off on a doe this morning.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_8795-scaled.jpeg

deertracker

Update.

We did find the deer. Unfortunately yotes or wolves found it first. Went about 180 yards. Just couldn’t find blood last night in the rain. Salvaged the back straps. The hind quarters was gone.
    DT

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Dang. Nice to have some closure though. Did you find a blood trail to locate it?

deertracker

I found enough to give me a direction. Ended up walking a deer trail headed that direction and found it.
    DT

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

at least ya found it…

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I sat last night and it wasn’t anything very exciting. Had a mama and her twins under me for close to a hour grazing on acorns.
    I woke up this morning with the sickness my hole house hold has. 0 energy, soar throat, head ache. So I slept in today. But when my alarm went off at 350 am, I fricken thought I was late to work and had a slight freak out moment lol. Must have been the cough syrup I drank last night. As I feel right now I don’t think I could draw my bow back. I have 0 energy.
    Good luck to any one else out. Was hoping to see some kids with good kills posted.

27eyeguy

That sucks. Hope ya get better soon. I’m not seeing much for movement during this warm up.

Jackfish
    Wayzata, MN

Sat for 3 evenings with my son for the youth hunt…unbelievably slow…saw one deer in 3 sits…farmer was pulling corn off and filling grain bins fairly close to our stands the first two nights…last night got back into the big woods and equally dismal…full moon killed us I think…

jimmysiewert

Been in my bow stand every evening during youth hunt in an area that sees its fair share of kiddos in the woods (which I think is great). One shot is all I heard. It will be interesting where the tally stands after this weekend……

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Oldest daughter and I out, her only chance of the youth hunt. Sitting on the ground with alfalfa in front, pond to our left and sunflowers behind us. It’s warm but see what happens.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2652-scaled.jpeg

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I didn’t hunt today but I drove by the parking lots on the local public land and seen 0 vehicles in 4 lots. Both this morning and just 20 minutes ago.
    I mustered up the energy to go move a camera this afternoon and I kicked up a solid looking buck bedded on the swamp edge. I immediately backed out and told the kid I found his target bucks once temps dip down again.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Brother stuck this near new Richmond wi

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20241020_200301.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 285 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.