2024 gardens

• glenn57
    cold spring mn

hey…….them maters came outta some kind of garden!!!!!!! waytogo rotflol

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I am getting my tomatoes in moderate batches. I had to use part of a rotten one this week to make the minimum amount for my second batch of salsa. I have another good sized round coming up and thinking of making Italian sauce. I dont have a recipe for sauce so if anyone wants to share? Otherwise I will research the internet for something.

deertracker

I just sweat a bunch of onion and add garlic. Then simmer the tomatoes down to what consistently I want and add basic Italian seasoning. This is just a base for me and I season more depending on how I’m using it.
    DT

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Fruits of my labor yesterday and today. waytogo

Attachments:
    1. 20240830_151625-scaled.jpg

glenn57
    cold spring mn

so………if anyone wants any winter onion sets.seed……….let me knw. i’ll gladly send ya some..

i got way more then i need.

deertracker

Had a pretty good pick this morning. Plus about 20 jalapeño not pictured.
    DT

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0478-scaled.jpeg

glenn57
    cold spring mn

looks good DT…..alao looks like you got some work in front of you!!!!! good eatin though!!!!!

not sure what it is, but i’m about fed up with my garden. doah coffee i pulled my Jaleponos today….got enough for what i want. by midweek green peppers are getting yanked also.

my 2nd planting of cukes are flowering but they look sick as Hello!!!

Jimmy Jones

I picked a mess of green beans this afternoon. Had them with ribeyes for dinner. Very tasty.

I’m yanking my green peppers too. Lots of flowers, zero peppers. DUDS! Now my Thai Hots are covered with peppers that will go into my hot sauce soon. The everbearing strawberries have been good lately. I had two squash plants and thought I’d maybe get a couple this year but I’m seeing like six that are probably ready for plucking and three others that need a bit of time yet. My onions have been hanging since mid July and are ready to trim and bag in up in the onion sack. The onions have been super sweet this season. Maybe 40 pounds of them.

deertracker

Making salsa right now.
    DT

Attachments:
    1. image-scaled.jpg

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Second year with a garden.

Still unundated with cucumbers, although they are smaller than last year so its more manageable. Next year, only 1 cucumber plant.

I planted cherry tomatoes and have been picking some every day for a couple weeks when they turn bright red.

One pumpkin that is about the current size of a volleyball.

Carrots didn’t work out so well. I think the pumpkim plant took too much sunlight from them.

I’ve only watered my garden about 4 times since I planted it the second week of May. Pretty astonishing.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

i’ll be picking and pulling my green beans and radishes today. i have enough beans for the winter now….and well the radishes are about done.

by the ed of the week i suspect a few more mater plants will be toast also!!! very worse year i ever had with tomatoes!!!!! flame doah

KPE
    River Falls, WI

I did not have a garden this year, and it really sucks. Too many projects going around the house to spend time gardening unfortunately. Cool to see everyone’s yield here though, that salsa looks awesome!

I’ll be back in action next season for sure. Tomatoes, peppers, squash, broccoli, and going to do lettuce again but this time do it right. 2021 I had wayyyyy too much, 2022 and 2023 my lettuce got destroyed by the rabbits because I wasn’t working population control at all. Going to focus on finding the sweet spot next year

JEREMY
    BP

My bell peppers and zucchinis probably best ive ever had. Everything else pretty much sucked. Normally keep 60-70 giant pumpkins for kids carving party and sell usually another hundred or so. Looked yesterday whole patch has about 15-20 and none look very good. The sweetcorn I did get everyone said was delicious but yield was probably 20 percent of normal. Did plant two spaghetti squash to fill a bare spot in the garden and between them have eleven nice looking squash. JJ good reminder I all but forgot about strawberries. Everyday I look over and think the plants look great but havent looked for a berry in months.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Just a reminder you can throw those tomatoes in the freezer for a later date of canning salsa or spaghetti sauce. When thawed the skin peels right off.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I’m not sure if it counts as a garden, but we have some grapes that are extremely plentiful this year. The kids and I ran out and picked half of a laundry basket full last night when I got home. Unfortunately my nearly 2 year old smashed every other one she grabbed though

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I’m not sure if it counts as a garden, but we have some grapes that are extremely plentiful this year. The kids and I ran out and picked half of a laundry basket full last night when I got home. Unfortunately my nearly 2 year old smashed every other one she grabbed though

grape juice!!! whistling or wine!!!!!!! peace

oldbear
    State Center, Iowa

The only thing in my garden that amounted to anything and it was exceptional was the asparagus. I planted beets twice and lettuce 4 times and got almost nothing due to rabbits. Found out my old electric fencer wasn’t working then I got to shooting and got 6. By then it was to late to do any good so left them to shoot this winter. Oh the black raspberries did well so a lot of work for nothing.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

My kids setup a tomato stand during the town garage sales this weekend, and sold out in under an hour. Next year I’ll need to prepare a little more product for them in advance! But they were pretty pumped about it, and made $32.

Viewing 18 posts - 361 through 378 (of 378 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.