• glenn57
    cold spring mn

Has began waytogo

23 qts garlic dill pickles.

Attachments:
    1. 20240621_154933-scaled.jpg

picklerick
    Central WI

Love me them garlic dills. Did you buy the cukes? My cucumber plants are only about 6″ tall.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Love me them garlic dills. Did you buy the cukes? My cucumber plants are only about 6″ tall.

yes, I always buy the small 3-4 inch pickles for canning.

Becks in elk river. Lot of people aren’t ready to do that yet… even Becks didn’t have dill. I grow my own and freeze it.

picklerick
    Central WI

That’s so weird. Do they grow them in a greenhouse or truck them in? I’m a little SW of Green Bay and it’s just started to be warm enough for cucumber plants to get going.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Yes they grow there own. Also bought strawberries from them. woot there small but dang tasty.

There a big time garden center. You can get about anything from them that grows to eat.

Jimmy Jones

So what does a 24 batch of dill Vikes cost?

glenn57
    cold spring mn

So what does a 24 batch of dill Vikes cost?

rotflol

they went up a bit in price from last year by about 4 bucks…..i paid $50.00 for a 1/2 bushel………. with what i still currently had on hand plus these i wont need to do it next year!!!!!!

i believe the smaller sized pickles are more spendy dur to more of a demand!!! is what i was told when i first started.

thing is, i’ve tried about every store brand out there……nothing compares to the ones i make!!!!!!

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Looks good Glenn! I love homemade pickles.

I’ve been able to can salsa which has been very good and I’ve done “fresh” Pickles before. But I haven’t done preserved pickles. In part, because I didn’t know where to get the little ones in bulk.

If I can get the time (new puppy and two kids) I might have to get over to Becks and then PM you for your recipe!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Looks good Glenn! I love homemade pickles.

I’ve been able to can salsa which has been very good and I’ve done “fresh” Pickles before. But I haven’t done preserved pickles. In part, because I didn’t know where to get the little ones in bulk.

If I can get the time (new puppy and two kids) I might have to get over to Becks and then PM you for your recipe!

anytime!!!!!!!1 waytogo

Brad Dimond

yes, I always buy the small 3-4 inch pickles for canning.

Becks in elk river. Lot of people aren’t ready to do that yet… even Becks didn’t have dill. I grow my own and freeze it.
    [/quote]I have volunteer dill along the periphery of the garden, already over three feet tall. Most herbs are weeds. Chives and mint were tough to get rid of.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.