2024/2025 NHL/WILD Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• CaptainMusky

Yeah I sent it to my son who is very big into researching this stuff and he has lots of concerns so I probably won’t do it. He said there are lots of security risks and vulnerabilities with it

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Hopefully Wild pivots and tries a different delivery solution (OTA or Streaming)

Speak for yourself. I’m glad they will both continue on Bally’s.

Streaming can go kick rocks

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Sounds like Ballys and Xfinity came to terms so Twins games will be back August 1st and Wild games will be good to go too.

Best news of the day. Thank you.

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>
    Hopefully Wild pivots and tries a different delivery solution (OTA or Streaming)

Speak for yourself. I’m glad they will both continue on Bally’s.

Streaming can go kick rocks

yeah, I guess i’m speaking for folks who dont want a $230 a month cable bill and only watch Wild/Wolves/Twins games…

I want a stand alone option so I can cut the cord with comcast…

lindyrig79

Oh wait I have Midco hopefully they have a deal too

wormdunker

Twins agreement does not apply to wild and/wolves. Don’t get your hopes up quite yet.

Ripjiggen

My TV says digital preferred and ultimate tv packages.

Whatever the hell that means.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0652-Copy-scaled.jpeg

lindyrig79

My TV says digital preferred and ultimate tv packages.

Whatever the hell that means.

I have a similar message with Midco. Thank goodness.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Carolina turned down a Jets offer of Rutger McGroaty + Cole Perfetti + a high draft pick for Martin Necas… I love Necas, but he’ll be a UFA in 2 years… wow

CaptainMusky

That would have been quite the haul for him I would think.

JoeMX1825
    MN

That would have been quite the haul for him I would think.

especially for a team like Carolina who already has alot of high contracts, you’d think they would have wanted the ELC’s to scatter in their lineup…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Devils hired Chuck Fletcher as an advisor to the GM…maybe he’s there to think of all the bad ideas the GM shouldn’t do?

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Devils hired Chuck Fletcher as an advisor to the GM…maybe he’s there to think of all the bad ideas the GM shouldn’t do?

Well so much for the hopes and dreams of so many Wild fans wishing for his triumphant return. Our draft game was never the same after the Fletch got canned.

JoeMX1825
    MN

The top story right now on TSNs homepage is the supposed Wild interest in trading for Patrick Laine…obviously take it with a grain of salt as an offseason August nothing else to write about story and all of the other factors that would need to happen to even make a trade possible (huge Columbus retained salary, multiple Wild contracts going back to Columbus, etc) but TSN isn’t some silly Twitter rumors website…I do think getting Freddy back intrigues Deano and the Wild has picks and prospects that could sweeten the deal, so it’s not impossible..

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

The top story right now on TSNs homepage is the supposed Wild interest in trading for Patrick Laine…

What nobody can answer is why would the Wild want an under-producing diva who has demanded a trade literally from every team he’s ever played for? And now he has some kind of mental health issues on top of everything? Yay, sign us up for that massive distraction.

And even if the Wild were like, pish posh, he’s the best thing since sliced bread, there’s the salary issue. Even with the CBJs eating half, that’s more than the Wild could (or should!) pay.

It’s a no.

tswoboda

Why take a shot on Laine? Maybe because he is younger than Kaprizov and Ek but still has more career goals than any current Wild player. Taking a shot at buying low on a big risk, big reward reclamation project. If ever there were a team in need of a guy who can simply put the puck in the net, it’s this one. Obviously there’s a big risk, and that’s why a 26 yo elite goal scorer might be available for cheap

Ripjiggen

Why? Because they are desperate…

JoeMX1825
    MN

IF a deal that made sense could get done, big IF, it likely means 1-2 current Wild contracts goes back to Columbus, that’s potentially huge if one of those players is Gaudreau and his 4 years of term left…
    Laine fills 2 HUGE needs on the Wild, huge 1 time RH shot for the Powerplay and secondary scoring help.

Yes there’s risk, but its only for 2 seasons and if he relapses he goes on LTIR and we get his capspace back…

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Yes there’s risk, but its only for 2 seasons and if he relapses he goes on LTIR and we get his capspace back…

Don’t forget about the risk of him relapsing, but not wanting to damage his career by going LTIR. So instead he becomes a cancer and produces nothing but trade demands.

I agree the upside is interesting,but there are a LOT of hurdles.

JoeMX1825
    MN

but there are a LOT of hurdles.

honestly, there’s too many hurdles to make this a likely reality, but if Columbus gets desperate enough, who knows… I think other teams will offer much better deals than MN can, it seems like Columbus is holding out for any team not interested in them retaining 50%…

tswoboda

Really similar to when they were in on Boeser except Laine’s not #oneofus

Just a note for all the relapse comments, there’s been zero reports or rumors Laine has/had any sort of substance addiction

JoeMX1825
    MN

For all the relapse comments, there’s been zero indication Laine has/had any sort of substance addiction

does Fortnight addiction count as an acceptable excuse to go into the Players Assistance Program? I believe he’s gone on the record in the past saying that he never touches alcohol…

tswoboda

For every player that enters the program it’s usually publicly known or at least heavily rumored substance abuse. In Laine’s case there’s been zero rumors about substance abuse, well with exception of a couple members on this board starting those rumors I guess.

All signs with Laine have pointed to mental health… specifically depression after his dad died unexpectedly.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I looked through past posts and didn’t see anything related to substance abuse? I mentioned the risk of him relapsing, but that simply means slipping back to whatever problem he went out with…I mentioned he’s NOT a drinker as that should hopefully eliminate what most people think of when they hear about somebody entering a program like that…

CaptainMusky

Yeah I haven’t heard anything either about drug use. Generally that info is pretty tight lipped in the NHL.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Whatever the reason he was out, it was big enough to miss the last 3 months of the season. The risk of whatever that was coming back and putting him out again is a factor in deciding if you trade for him or not…

The other big risk is you get the recent Patrick Laine who plays disinterested in anything but shooting the puck and is lazy & clueless on what defense is…

Ripjiggen

Dunno doesn’t seem like a guy with any GRIT…JMO

JoeMX1825
    MN

Dunno doesn’t seem like a guy with any GRIT…JMO

What he lacks in GRIT, he makes up for with being a royal PITA to play against…dude plays cheap and mean on the ice…6’5″ 215 doesn’t get pushed around…

but its always been about IF he wants to play or not…that attitude typically doesn’t play well with guys like GMBG…

tswoboda

36g-44a-80p 82 game pace his two “full” seasons in Columbus, not bad for a reclamation project

Viewing 30 posts - 91 through 120 (of 417 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.