2024/2025 NHL/WILD Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• CaptainMusky

The only way to get him is if they retain salary and we send Freddy the other way IMO

JoeMX1825
    MN

The only way to get him is if they retain salary and we send Freddy the other way IMO

Freddy’s $2.1 isn’t enough even if Columbus retains the max 50%… I’m now thinking Colorado gets him after the season starts and they get $15 million in LTIR capspace back from Landeskog and Nichuskin…

Ripjiggen

Love fantasy hockey trades. peace

Ice Cap

In terms of Kaprizov I’d wager he already knows what he is going to do. I don’t think money is his major motivator but winning the Cup is. I don’t think he sees this team as a Cup contender anytime soon. Nor do I.

JoeMX1825
    MN

In terms of Kaprizov I’d wager he already knows what he is going to do. I don’t think money is his major motivator but winning the Cup is. I don’t think he sees this team as a Cup contender anytime soon. Nor do I.

if that’s the case (Kirill wants to go to a cup contender) it will be tough for him to find one of those teams that could fit his likely $13+ million aav under their cap, they are typically already set with big contract players and just need to fit the right role players around them…

I’d argue the Wild is one of a few teams that can provide both…

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I’d argue the Wild is one of a few teams that can provide both

The question is would the Wild want him at any price?

It doesn’t matter really other than giving bored fans of a cap starved team something to talk about. The reality is there aren’t going to be any significant moves.

If you liked last season’s Wild, you’re going to love…

tswoboda

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>
    I’d argue the Wild is one of a few teams that can provide both

The question is would the Wild want him at any price?

Is that a serious question?

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20240727_095334_X.jpg

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Is that a serious question?

A player who just spent a good chunk of the last season in the player assistance program with what was described only as a “mental health issue”? Before a clavicle injury in late December he had only 6 goals.

And you’re asking if it’s a serious question? You’d be the only one that doesn’t see some serious questions here.

tswoboda

The post you quoted was taking about Kaprizov, and so was I

JoeMX1825
    MN

yeah, simple post mixup between Kirill and Laine…

Its a risk for sure, but I would understand the move if GMBG was interested in trading for Laine…it all depends on what Laine you get…a Right Shot sniper is this teams biggest need, Laine can be that guy…. He can also be the guy that looks like he doesn’t want to play hockey anymore and turns to his demons…If the Wild could get him with a retained caphit and also unload 1-2 contracts we’ve been arguing about (Freddy and somebody else) it might be worth the risk for 2 years…but that’s an awful lot to ask for in a trade and would likely also cost the Wild a high draft pick as a kicker…but obviously Laine hasn’t worked out at all in Columbus, so maybe they get desperate…

I still think Colorado gets him after the season starts and they get like $15 million LTIR to play with….

JoeMX1825
    MN

The question is would the Wild want him (Laine) at any price?

If you get a motivated Laine ready to show the rest of the league that he’s back as a serious player and he gets back to the form of his early Jets days, then yes I think its a great fit as he fills our biggest need (RH Scorer with a killer 1 timer on the PP)

of course he could fall back to his demons…that risk is what’s likely to drive the asking price for him down…interested teams will obviously need to do their homework on him….

The Wild obviously has very limited cap space this season, so for them to be in the sweepstakes, they would need Columbus to retain salary and be interested in 1-2 of our players and picks/prospects… that likely bumps them down the list of teams Columbus would trade with, but who knows…

Ripjiggen

If we sign Laine where are all our prospects going to play. whistling

Ice Cap

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ice Cap wrote:</div>

if that’s the case (Kirill wants to go to a cup contender) it will be tough for him to find one of those teams that could fit his likely $13+ million aav under their cap, they are typically already set with big contract players and just need to fit the right role players around them…

I’d argue the Wild is one of a few teams that can provide both…

I’ll bet Vegas would find a way as well as a few other teams.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Yeah, you can never count Vegas out, i’m sure their “capologist” is figuring out who needs to go on LTIR this season, they’ve used up their Mark Stone’s excuses…

I just think Colorado is in their cup window and will do whatever they can to give MacKinnon more weapons…

brandmoney

If you put Kaprizov on a line with a Mackinnon type player he legitimately has 65 goal/130 point potential. We saw what Kirill was capable of during the second half of the season when he actually got to play with Ek/Boldy. Imagine him with Rantanen/Mackinnon.

His free agent contract for the 2026/2027 season could legitimately be 15-16 million on the open market.

tswoboda

His free agent contract for the 2026/2027 season could legitimately be 15-16 million on the open market.

Realistic range is $13m-$14m; over $14m would be a huge overpay and record setting for any wing not named Ovechkin in the cap era

JoeMX1825
    MN

geez, think there’s any chance GMBG can sign Rossi to a similar bridge deal Kent Johnson signed in Columbus? 3 x $1.8

JoeMX1825
    MN

Brock Faber signed to a 8 year x $8.5aav…Brockstar!

Ripjiggen

Yeah not sure what the worry was a few weeks ago.

CaptainMusky

We knew it was coming, but I honestly didnt think it would happen this quickly. LFG BG.

JoeMX1825
    MN

IF Brock can maintain or improve his offensive production, that’s what will make this deal a steal in a few years and then we can reap the benefits of an underpaid star for 6-7 years (Like a Miro Heiskenan)…Pairing him with Buium in the future should help with that although Zeev will get the PP1 minutes….

BillyG putting the building blocks in place, next is figuring out what to do with Rossi (2-3 year bridge deal? or 4+ year extension like Anton Lundell?) then hopefully locking up Kirill next July, then its all about the prospects hopefully panning out…

KP
    Hudson, WI

Sounds like Ballys and Xfinity came to terms so Twins games will be back August 1st and Wild games will be good to go too.

CaptainMusky

Anybody ever hear of superbox? Buddy just told me about it. You buy it and that’s all you pay and get all channels even Netflix. It’s a few hundred dollars and you need one for each TV. Seriously thinking about getting a couple

JoeMX1825
    MN

Anybody ever hear of superbox? Buddy just told me about it. You buy it and that’s all you pay and get all channels even Netflix. It’s a few hundred dollars and you need one for each TV. Seriously thinking about getting a couple

sounds like something that plays cat & mouse with legal & firmware changes and ultimately loses or gives up the legal challenges that will surely come…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Sounds like Ballys and Xfinity came to terms so Twins games will be back August 1st and Wild games will be good to go too.

sob… just when I thought I was finally done with Ballys and cable tv… Hopefully Wild pivots and tries a different delivery solution (OTA or Streaming)

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 392 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.