2024/2025 NHL/WILD Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• JoeMX1825
    MN

Wild prospects lose 4-2 with an empty netter in the final minute…

Heidt, Haight, Bankier, Peart and Spacek were the Wild’s best players… The huge defenseman we took this last draft with our last pick has had about 4-5 huge hits and is mean as hell…

Haight has got some set of hands on him, he’ll definitely bring some skill to Iowa… It was fun to watch some hockey again… Wild camp starts this week…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Prospects must have partied last night, super boring game today… shut it off after a period..

JoeMX1825
    MN

Crosby re-signs for 2 years x $8.7 aav (same aav as his 12 year contract ending this season)

Kirill at 8 x $9.7 aav sounds good ) yeah right….

tswoboda

Sid the kid deserves at least one more cup. What a model human being.

Now why didn’t they keep Guentzel?!

tswoboda

CHLers are officially inflating college hockey. Should only make the NCAA stronger, maybe keep adding more teams? I’m thinking the USHL and Canadian Jr A teams take the biggest hit.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Sid the kid deserves at least one more cup. What a model human being.

Now why didn’t they keep Guentzel?!

Agreed, but he ain’t gonna win it in Pittsburgh…They didn’t sign Guentzel because they know the rebuild is coming soon and he would be wasted…

My guess is Sid plays out this season with Pittsburgh and then they have a serious conversation about moving him & Gino/LeTang/Karlsson next season to try and recoup some picks/prospects and give them another shot at a cup to retire on…

Ripjiggen

Maybe they trade him to the wild for Strammel. whistling

tswoboda

So Crosby’s going to approve a trade before his new contract even starts? coffee

I’m thinking he signs that sweetheart deal because he got promised they’re going to blindly swing for a cup as long as he’s still a Penguin. Gives Dubas an excuse to keep swinging for a few more years too – no GM is out there champing at the bit all fired up to start a rebuild ASAP

Ripjiggen

Sid will retire a Penguin. It’s part of his legacy.

JoeMX1825
    MN

So Crosby’s going to approve a trade before his new contract even starts?

bah, didn’t realize he still had this season on his old deal…that changes things by a year then… Malkin/LeTang/Crosby all hitting the age when their games typically drop off a cliff (I think Sid is an exception to that) but Gino looked really slow last year and LeTang has had several SERIOUS health concerns the past few years… They have one of the worst prospect pools in the NHL and only have their 1st rounders the next few years to use to improve with and that just cements their likely dreadful impending rebuild without the picks needed…it’s gonna be a real ugly 2-3 years and then rebuild…

Just looking at their ages, I don’t even know how much of a benefit trading them off in a year at the deadline would bring back? Maybe they just run them into the ground…

They had a hell of a run though….

tswoboda

Not saying they’re anywhere close to winning a cup, just that Sid deserves another one. And they’re going to keep trying to for the 3 years he’s still under contract.

And yeah he’s clearly not going anywhere

JoeMX1825
    MN

Maybe they trade him to the wild for Strammel. whistling

You can’t trade away our big body center (who doesn’t play center) need pick reach… )

Maybe he just needs ANOTHER change of scenery excuse he’s used 2 times already…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Not saying they’re anywhere close to winning a cup, just that Sid deserves another one. And they’re going to keep trying to for the 3 years he’s still under contract.

And yeah he’s clearly not going anywhere

not the next 2 seasons, but I absolutely could see him going to a Canada team in the final year of his deal (maybe Montreal’s young kids all pan out and they need a vet for a cup run)

Love how you say Sid is going nowhere and Gretzky was traded what 3 times?

tswoboda

Love how you say Sid is going nowhere and Gretzky was traded what 3 times?

lol ok joe great point

JoeMX1825
    MN

I believe player check-in/physicals/media responsibilities are tomorrow and then first practice is Thursday morning… Will anybody de-throne Ek from the Bike stress test?

JoeMX1825
    MN

uggg, it just dawned on me that I will need to upgrade my comcast TV package to get the Wild games this season…sob…

KP
    Hudson, WI

uggg, it just dawned on me that I will need to upgrade my comcast TV package to get the Wild games this season…sob…

Same! I keep forgetting about it.

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>
    Will anybody de-throne Ek from the Bike stress test?

In my Glen Mason voice “are you nuts?”

Ohgren and Khusnutdinov are fitness nuts and Ohgren’s dad is a famous Swedish physical trainer who trains him during the offseason…

I’d put money on Ohgren having the best chance…

CaptainMusky

Are those tests still a thing though? I thought that was a Boudreau thing.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Unrelated to the Wild, but I know we have alot of hockey parents that read through this thread. If anybody has been thinking about purchasing a Sparx home skate sharpener and has questions and/or wants a discount code, feel free to shoot me a PM, i’m happy to help you out…

I purchased one several years ago and it’s a game/life changer for a hockey family…

Back to the Wild…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Are those tests still a thing though? I thought that was a Boudreau thing.

You’re thinking of Bruce’s famous on-ice back & forth lap skating test…

The Team strength & conditioning coaches will have ALL players run through a series of physical tests tomorrow…They use it as a baseline for the season and also to find out who’s in shape and who isn’t…

JoeMX1825
    MN

So other than maybe getting lucky with the opposing team’s TV coverage being on ESPN+, are ANY of the Wild’s preseason games on TV? The Wild’s Schedule doesn’t show Ballys on any of the games (or are they ALL televised on Ballys?)

CaptainMusky

Oshie to LTIR. So are the Caps playing the IR game now too?

tswoboda

Or maybe he’s just old and battled injuries his entire career

CaptainMusky

Or maybe he’s just old and battled injuries his entire career

I know, it was more of a joke. Back issues are tricky to fix.

Viewing 27 posts - 391 through 417 (of 417 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.