2023 Wolves

• Dan
    Southeast MN

I’m 100% in on the Wolves, I’ve enjoyed watching them and will watch as long as they’re playing. After that I can’t wait to be done. Like a lot of you have mentioned, this game at times is hard to watch (I am aware that all sports have their flaws).

I got to the point where I hated Denver for their A-h### coach and Murray and a few others because of the way they conducted themselves, but Dallas players and Jason Kidd (are we sure that’s not Howie Mandel?) seem easier to root for.

Except Luka. He’s probably a great guy. We know he’s got elite talent. If you’re not a Mavs fan he’s unwatchable. He takes himself out of plays just to go whine. His style of play is modeled on forcing fouls to be called. I wouldn’t say drawing, because I interpret that as more of an art or strategy. He’s forcing the situation in a way where he’s not trying to succeed and score, he’s trying 100% to get a ref to blow the whistle. And it’s awful to watch. And when he doesn’t get the call he becomes a grown man begging and pleading and whining.

And he seems to travel all the time, taking a step or two before and after dribbling.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Charle’s is sporting a new t-shirt. Should say “Brung ma ass!!”

There will not be a game 6!! whistling

Attachments:
    1. IMG_3248.jpg

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I generally agree on the Doncic assessment. A fair amount of his game is reliant on getting fouls, some of which are legit and some of which aren’t.

I swear he plays in slow motion. He isn’t fast, shifty, or athletic at all. But he is a really good passer. Always finding the open man, and open shooters more often make shots than contested ones.

Not like he’s gonna jump 3 feet and slam a dunk. Honestly he may not even be able to.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Luka has elite shooting and passing skills but has always been one of the biggest whiners in the league. Him and Kat are 1A and 1B. Both have that stupid look on their face when they think they are entitled to a call.

On one hand Kat plays aggressive and undisciplined and then Luka will foulbait you or flop to get easy points. Both are cringe material. Wolves need to implement more post especially with Kat. Back down that fat white boy and wear him out or he will dagger you any chance you give him.

Ripjiggen

I swear he plays in slow motion. He isn’t fast, shifty, or athletic at all. But he is a really good passer. Always finding the open man, and open shooters more often make shots than contested ones.

Did you see him 1 on 1 with DPOY. He made him look like a 4 year old on ice skates.
    If he ain’t fast shifty and athletic then Rudy and KAT are um…..

eyeguy507
    SE MN

KG will be in the house for game 5 per Perk

Oh snap…..there goes the neighborhood

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

They have block parties going on outside Target Center tonight too. Wish I could go!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Fanduel has the T-Wolves as a 4.5 fav.

I’m going to get Tix for game 7.

CaptainMusky

Lets go WOLVES! They had the first 2 games stolen from them by the refs they could have swept IMO. Excited to watch hopefully they pull it out.

KP
    Hudson, WI

I really hope I’m wrong with this predication but I have a bad feeling that the T Pups will lose tonight. There is a lot of hype going into tonight’s game and I still think this team has some maturity problems.

I hope I’m wrong but maybe if KG is actually there he will have the team and crowd hyped up.

JoeMX1825
    MN

nope, they swung the momentum last game…Wolves will get it to a game 6…

eyeguy507
    SE MN

They have been abysmal at home during the playoffs so there is some trepidation things go sideways.

I think the momentum swings if they win tonight. They just got to play smarter which seems to come and go.

TC will be loud AF and if KG actually shows up, it will be sick. I’m not making predictions because there are too many things out of team control.

They already won the season for me but I’m fine with being greedy!

basseyes

Luka is going to hit mid 40’s, if not 50 tonight.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

He is on fire to start this game. Pretty much every shot, drano.

lindyrig79

Luka is on fire. Like flamethrower fire. Not good.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Break his arm or he gets 70

lindyrig79

This could get out of hand early. Got to stop the bleeding.

JEREMY
    BP

Let’s keep running the offense through the worst damn offensive guy on our team. WTF. Somebody needs to start bodying Doncic or it’s over. But this damn run the offensive through rudy and no changing. Did the Dr put Rocco in Finches knee during surgery.

KP
    Hudson, WI

Gobert is a damn liability tonight. This is not looking good.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Mavs can do no wrong. Marc Davis crew is calling the shots. Where the FK is the physicality?

CaptainMusky

Well it was a great season but not looking good. Here’s to next year!

eyeguy507
    SE MN

passing on a lot of threes tonight. time to adjust on the fly ASAP. get this to single digits or Dallas will re adjust in the second half

JoeMX1825
    MN

Dang… cant do much about Luka making all his shots, but I didn’t expect the Wolves to be sleepy in a must win at home… embarrassing…

KG was smart not to show up tonight…

lindyrig79

So ugly almost have to laugh. I guess some things, being MN Sports, never change. Can hope that Edwards and the whole team learn from this. One thing to lose, another to get embarrassed on your home court.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I would be offended if I actually paid real money to watch this. there are no words Finchy could even say. no wonder KG is hesitant to spectate a game….

BigWerm
    SW Metro

What an embarrassment. No one even looks like they are thinking of fouling Luka hard or be even kinda physical with him and stand up for themselves. Paper champs on defense. Soft as 10 ply.

lindyrig79

May as well put Garza in. He should play.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I wasn’t there but I can only guess the plan was to post up anybody and everybody early on which I have no problem with. Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth and they had no answer in typical MN style.
    Thankfully my Wolves PTSD prevented me from thinking of witnessing this beatdown in person.
    They will learn from this but you can’t teach the Luka magic show. got to assault guys like him……dam shame.

Viewing 30 posts - 811 through 840 (of 881 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.