2023 Wolves

• buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

They took down a .500 Golden State team by 3 points WITHOUT Curry, and with Draymond ejected early. I was glad to see it and am sick of the parade of bandwagoners following Golden State from game to game.

Wins are great and the team is off to a solid start, but I’d maybe postpone the banner raising ceremony plans for now. It’s a long season.

Brittman

The T-wolves and real wolves seem to be at the top of their game. Nothing can stop either.

CaptainMusky

They just beat Golden State with those guys last week no?

hop307
    Northern Todd County

The Wolves have won seven straight games for their longest win streak since 2004
    blush blush blush

Mookie Blaylock
    Wright County, MN

If they win tonight… I’m all in.

We’re still in the middle of a long away-game stand and Phoenix has had the last few days off. Wouldn’t be surprised to see a poor showing tonight.
    But, the Suns aren’t playing great ball so maybe we’ll keep rolling.

CaptainMusky

Yes, indeed they did win by 6 with both those guys playing.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>

Devin Booker is back tonight, or at least presumed to be back. So, that’s part of the reason they are 4-6. But yes, if the Wolves win tonight, after the egg(their shooting and D Rebounding was pathetic) they almost laid last night then I’ll start to think they might have something going.

CaptainMusky

Booker is just stupid good and this coming from a guy who doesnt watch much basketball just T Wolves

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>

I did not know that.

I am switching my prediction. Make way for the banner and plan the parade route.

AK Guy

It was really nice to see the Wolves win a game against a good team when they didn’t play well. Past years they had to play their best if they had any chance at all to win. Long season but I like what I’m seeing.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Impressive win last night especially since it was back to back AT Golden State. And given the fact there was turmoil / fighting/ ejections to start the game. Gobert was just trying to break it up and Green came flying in and put him in a headlock and held him way too long, what a D Bag.

Good character builder to still get the W. Also liked the fact that Gobert did hit both his free throws immediately following the headlock

tswoboda

The bandwagon will get crowded in the New Year if the winning continues.

Wagon won’t be enough, we’ll need a whole dam train. Someone save me a seat!

JoeMX1825
    MN

the first few minutes of last nights game was crazy…Gobert looked like he was getting choked out in a UFC fight…I’ve been watching the Wolves alot more closely the past 3-4 years, there are times when KAT drives you crazy and times when he’s the best on the floor, at least it appears sofar that he’s crying about non-calls alot less, that always drove me nuts…Ant is worth the price of admission, it would be nice if he toned down the “Hero Ball” a bit though… It looks like they finally have enough supplementary pieces to pickup the starters if they aren’t playing well….they’ve been a blast to watch sofar…

I had to triple check that last nights game was live and not a replay from a few nights earlier…what’s the reasoning for playing the same team twice in a row in their barn?

lindyrig79

I was wondering the same thing. Guessing it has something to do with the in-season tournament (which I don’t really understand)

hop307
    Northern Todd County

No need to clear rafter space or plan a parade, they lost last night.
    Booker and Durant put up 31pts, PHX shot 60% from the floor, and almost 55% from 3 point range. I did not watch the game, ballys streaming service is stupid expensive, so just looking at the numbers is they plays poor d.
    Here comes the MN homer, it was the second night of a back to back after a emotionally charged up game at Golden State, and PHX with a fresh Devin Booker coming back from injury.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

No need to clear rafter space or plan a parade, they lost last night.
    Booker and Durant put up 31pts, PHX shot 60% from the floor, and almost 55% from 3 point range. I did not watch the game, ballys streaming service is stupid expensive, so just looking at the numbers is they plays poor d.
    Here comes the MN homer, it was the second night of a back to back after a emotionally charged up game at Golden State, and PHX with a fresh Devin Booker coming back from injury.

MN Homer here. Booker and Durant are some of the best players in the world. PHX has been picked by many to win the title. Theyve had good shooting nights many times against the best defenders the NBA has to offer. Im not worried whatsoever. We cant and wont win them all

BTW streameast is a good site to stream live games. sometimes the game lags and you have to refresh the page but it works well. i dont have cable and i watch every game from laptop/phone

hop307
    Northern Todd County

How does Golbert get fined 25k for his role in trying to break up the “fight.”
    And KAT doesn’t get anything, from the angles that I have watched it seemed like KAT was had a bigger role than Golbert.

CaptainMusky

Gobert gets fined for letting himself get choked.

lindyrig79

PHX did not miss last night. It was remarkable. They had 74 at half.

lindyrig79

Most think (myself included) that Draymon Green should have gotten more than 5 games.

KP
    Hudson, WI

Most think (myself included) that Draymon Green should have gotten more than 5 games.

The fact that he got 5 games says something in todays league. I was thinking he would have only gotten 1 or 2 games.

lindyrig79

Nice win 121-120 on the road tonight in New Orleans. Towns played well.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

he is as ghetto as they get. if he isn’t kicking guys in the sack, now his emotion kicks in and he tries to choke a guy trying to break up a scuffle? they are for real and are playing real hard with a lot of road games to start the season. the Pels couldn’t miss tonight either and they persevered and pulled it out after trailing the entire game. that would not have happened last year. now lets start stacking dubs again!

AK Guy

Nice win 121-120 on the road tonight in New Orleans. Towns played well.

They stole one in the bayou. KAT had a nice game.

Mookie Blaylock
    Wright County, MN

A win is a win and I’m not going to apologize for it.
    These new Wolves are showing that they can win on off nights, which is something I don’t ever remember seeing.
    KAT is showing exactly why he is so important to this team.
    ANT doesn’t bring his game every night and KAT is the only other person who can fill the bucket.

hop307
    Northern Todd County

The NOLA win was pretty impressive considering they lost their starting PG 5min into the game.

Should be a good game tonight, Gobert vs Embiid should be a fun match up to watch.

Mookie Blaylock
    Wright County, MN

Top spot in the West!

I haven’t heard anything about Embiid sitting out tonight but I wouldn’t be surprised. They lost in OT last night.

It would be fun if both teams wanted to make this a statement game.

hop307
    Northern Todd County

A win against a 76ers team that was w/o Embiid, a Loss to a mediocre Kings team by double digits, a win against a 3-12 Grizz team. Puts the Pups at a 12-4 record, not to shabby.

Tough read for tonight’s game as OKC’s schedule has been on the softer side.

CaptainMusky

At least we have the Wolves we can count on. Never thought Id say that.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

It’s time to believe in this team and connelly/finch vision. This team is deep and built to win against top talent. Let’s hope ANT is ok

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 881 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.