2023 Vikings

• Jason

Embarrassing – Pretty sad that the coaching staff couldn’t come up with anything to make us look better than that.

Beast

I didn’t realize you guys had lost 5 of you’re last 6 games according to the news tonight.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

Embarrassing – Pretty sad that the coaching staff couldn’t come up with anything to make us look better than that.

Are you serious?

You’re putting that performance on the coaches? They have a near bottom D, I don’t care what they did for 7 weeks. And are on their 4th QB.

I can think of one work for yourself, Foolish.

Jerry K
    Coon Rapids

All I can say was Hall had no business being in that game as a starter. Not sure what KOC saw this past week to make that decision. But in true Vikings franchise fashion if you’re gonna get embarrassed do it on the big stage. On the bright side today we don’t have to sit there and say next year.

slough

Just as well to lose last night, hopefully next week too. Move up 5-6 spots in the draft, this team wasn’t going anywhere anyway.

CaptainMusky

I have seen enough of Hall now. Just play Mullens. We know he can make some throws and will make some interceptions. Hall didnt get rid of the ball soon enough and just got sacked.

Tlazer

Gruesome loss for the Vikes. The Pack were missing 3 of their top receivers and their top TE in this game, along with playing backups in the defensive backfield and linebacker. Ouch!!!! Been a weird year for sure in the NFL. Vikes in a difficult position going into next year as far as who do you resign and at what cost. Definitely showed that $50M for Cousins is warranted but do you invest that type of cash when even last year he couldn’t lead the team to a playoff win.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

They would’ve been in the playoffs easy this year if he had stayed healthy. With the way the defense turned things around until they all got hurt they probably would’ve even won a game. Ridiculous that people still put last year on Cousins. Last play was stupid yeah, but the whole season by the defense and offensive line was stupid too. All he did was have 8 or 9 come from behind wins and had to score virtually every possession of the year to keep pace with the other teams.

My prediction. Cousins will be back for two seasons. They draft another QB in the first or second round along with a defensive lineman.

CaptainMusky

It is kind of funny there are a few people that say do not under any circumstances sign Cousins since once he ruptured one Achilles he is prone to rupture the other. Apparently there is some medical studies that somewhat support that but I would have to believe that is due to the nature of what those individuals are doing vs some medical or biological issue with their Achilles. I dont know too many people not playing sports that rupture them, but I know it happens.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Captain, I have heard that with RB’s and WR because their push off and cuts put so much stress on that tendon, but I’m not sure it would be as bad for QBs. But who knows.

stout93
    Becker MN

Can someone explain how they don’t have one first rounder on the defense (beside an over the hill Harrison Smith)?

I don’t even think they had a second rounder on the starting D this season…

Tlazer

That is a serious injury for any player, but probably less stress going forward for a QB. Think the biggest issue with Cousin’s is his age, and how he or any player at that age is more prone to injury due to all the hits and stress on the body for playing that long. Do you risk using that much salary cap to a player who now and in the future will have better odds at getting hurt. The other side of the coin is, if you don’t have a QB waiting in the wings to take over, you almost have to pay Cousins, hope he stays healthy and keep drafting a QB until you find a young starter.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Stout, it’s because they haven’t hit on a defensive first rounder in about 7 years.

Tlazer- while I agree age is an issue, Cousins has done nothing but get better as he’s gotten older. He would also be in the same offense for the third straight season which he hasn’t had in his entire career. His arm hasn’t shown any signs of getting weaker. If he gets a clean bill of health after his rehabbing, I would have no concerns with a 2 year resigning.

CaptainMusky

Me too Mahto! I’d sign him for 2 years he’s been healthy and this was a freak injury. Just hope we find someone in the draft.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Count me in with the last two posts of guys wanting Cousins back. And honestly I’d be cautiously OK if they don’t force a pick for the QB of the future either. Sign Cousins and draft nothing but defense and a guard. Do we need more evidence that just because a fanbase screams “draft a QB” doesn’t necessarily mean it’ll work out? “Should’ve drafted Hooker…” “should’ve drafted Malik Willis….” “Should’ve drafted Mac Jones….”

I’d rather go with the known commodity at QB who happens to be at least a top-10 QB in the league and roll him out with two of the best tackles, the best WR in the league, and one of the best TE’s in the league. As I mentioned, draft a bunch of defensive help and a decent guard. If the Vikes draft in the top-15 of a good QB draft they should be able to get one of the very top defensive linemen or CB’s available.

CaptainMusky

Vikings are currently at 12 in the draft order. If they lose this week and Detroit beats the Bears and maybe some other help I think they could move up as high as 9. They’d need help from Raiders and Broncos and of course Lions.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

If they lose this week and Detroit beats the Bears

Detroit doesn’t play the Bears. The Bears play at Green Bay. The Vikings play at the Lions.

Detroit really has nothing to play for this week, and neither do the Vikings. They will need Dallas to lose and they will need to beat Minnesota in order to move up to the 2 seed because they lost to the Cowboys head to head.

Dallas will be playing hard against Washington for the 2 seed and the NFC east crown.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Can someone explain how they don’t have one first rounder on the defense (beside an over the hill Harrison Smith)?

Because the ones they’ve drafted over the last decade are either not in the league (Waynes), barely in the league (Mike Hughes and Barr), dead (Jeff Gladney), or Lewis Cine who is behind a HOF and 2 of the biggest surprise stars on defense (Bynum and Metellus).

BigWerm
    SW Metro

As far as QB’s go, hopefully Kirk likes the new love he’s being shown, and signs here for a reasonable 2-4 year contract in the $30-40M range. And they draft his replacement in the next couple of years. I really like Penix from Washington this year, super quick release, great arm even with a weird throwing motion, and he’s very mobile in the pocket extending plays even though he doesn’t run much.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

And they draft his replacement in the next couple of years.

Can we write off Hall already? He looked bad on Sunday night in the first half but there really hasn’t been much of a sample size yet.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Can we write off Hall already? He looked bad on Sunday night in the first half but there really hasn’t been much of a sample size yet.

No, but he obviously has a long way to go. He was a 5th rounder, so he’s got a few years to develop on his rookie deal yet.

Dan
    Southeast MN

I say start him Sunday to see another game. The SFN Packer game is just one game so they might as well see what he could do in another game. In fact since they really don’t have much of a chance of anything, I’d say make a game plan to specifically see what he can do in various play-call situations. I doubt he’s the answer as a starter but the way things are looking the Vikes don’t even have a serviceable backup QB. Financially Hall on his rookie deal might be the best option.

CaptainMusky

Detroit doesn’t play the Bears. The Bears play at Green Bay. The Vikings play at the Lions.

Yeah I definitely botched that one. The one thing I can think of is that with the Lions, Campbell is a send a message type of guy. I dont think they care whether or not they have anything to play for they are going to try and win. He is ticked they got hosed on that trick play. I have no idea the playoff seeding ramifications of winning vs losing, but he doesnt strike me as the type of guy who will sit guys in a game like this but we will see. At first when they hired him I laughed about it, but now I am starting to like the hire.

CaptainMusky

Kevin Seifert posted 3 pics of plays where Hall had wide open receivers on the play and no pass was attempted. The one play there were 3!
    His biggest issue is just not getting rid of the ball. That was the worst game I think I have ever seen from Darrisaw and ONeil too. Man they were bad.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I have no idea the playoff seeding ramifications of winning vs losing, but he doesnt strike me as the type of guy who will sit guys in a game like this but we will see.

A move in the standings would require them to:
    1) win and
    2) Dallas lose

They cannot fall to the 4th seed, as whoever wins the NFC South will claim that spot. Dallas plays at Washington and if they win, they will earn the 2 seed and win the NFC East. They are a much better team at home than on the road too, so if they can get that 2 seed they will be in much better shape come playoff time.

I am not sure what Campbell does. I could seem starting some players and resting others. Certainly guys like running backs could probably use some rest. Its looking very likely that the Rams will play Detroit in round 1. Matt Stafford back in D town for the first ever playoff game at Ford Field.

If Dallas does lose, that opens the door for the Eagles at the 2 seed. Then Dallas drops to the 5 seed if the Eagles beat the Giants. Right now the Cowboys control their playoff seeding and they will make every attempt to win in Washington on Sunday.

CaptainMusky

Anybody else really like the way the NFL changed it that the last game of the season is Division games? I do. It sure makes for some interesting drama at the end in many instances.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Edit, after some digging, Detroit would need to win and have both Dallas and Philly lose to claim the 2 seed. They lose the tie breaker to both the Cowboys and Eagles.

JoeMX1825
    MN

How far up would the Vikes need to move to get Jayden Daniels from LSU? His size and athleticism is off the charts imo…Is he expected to go #3 overall or could he fall a a few spots making the price to move up from say #10 not ridiculous?

big_g
    Isle, MN

What should be an embarrassment is the NFL… The Vikings still have a chance to make the playoffs with some not so crazy scenarios… rotflol rotflol rotflol

Viewing 30 posts - 1,651 through 1,680 (of 1,853 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.