2023 Vikings

• glenn57
    cold spring mn

we have a heck of a QB?????? whistling flame flame chased chased

Mullens was the Lions best player today!!!!!!

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

So far today I am enjoying Christmas Eve day, hanging out with the dogs, prepping for the Kids and Grandkid to come for dinner and gifts.
    No way will I ruin my day by watching the Vikings. Not a bleeping chance!!!

Winning decision of the day! toast jester

My Dad probably ran out of remotes to throw. doah

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Who won?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Lol I watched this game at the inlaws. Looking like a solid team jester

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Who won?

Let’s just say, The Roar has been restored!!!
    The motor city kitties will host a playoff game for the first time in 30 years! shock

Ripjiggen

Lol I watched this game at the inlaws. Looking like a solid team jester

Not bad for mostly second string.
    It was almost like a pre season game. jester

2nd/3rd string positions to finish the game.

OUT
    QB, RB, RT, TE, WR2, CB1, CB2, DE/LB. May be missing a few but I did here on the back ground of Christmas stuff that corner back I had no idea who he was take his first NFL snap.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

chased doah sheez POP…..your starting to sound like Gim!!!!!! whistling devil rotflol rotflol rotflol

B-man

See you next week devil

Go Pack Go yay

(Who am I kidding….both teams suck and won’t make it anywhere lol)

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

Mind-boggling stat from yesterday.
    QB Hits on Goff: 3 (4 if you include that bogus roughing the passer)
    QB Hits on Mullins: 11

Detroit’s pass protection yesterday was what won the game. Our blitzs kept getting picked up. Mullins on the other hand took a beating. Also props to the Lion’s punter. His booming punts with hang time were big. I think our returner, Powell is going to break one soon.

It will be interesting to see who wins the Injury Plagued Squad Bowl next week. Also of note. KOC home record this year is a pathetic 2-5. I’m done with the Whiz Kid coach if we lose next week. Mullins should start again. He is the best fit for the Justin Jefferson Show.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

No coach in the NFL could do any better with the injuries we’ve had. The stuff some of the keyboard cowboy’s on here is mind boggling. How about a synopsis on your football credentials?

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Well at least we don’t have to worry about them beating the lions twice anymore.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

3rd guy –

Mullens said this in his aftergame press conference.

Mullens threw for 411 yards and two touchdowns in the Vikings’ 30-24 loss to Detroit at U.S. Bank Stadium. He also threw four more interceptions, then called himself a “very good quarterback.”doah

Is that right? crazy

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

He will get Jefferson killed.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The Rams won on Thursday and the Seahawks won yesterday. They both passed the Vikings for an NFC playoff spot. The Vikings no longer hold their own destiny to the post season now.

Mullens obviously threw for over 400 yards but also threw 4 picks. Not sure you’d get anything better with Hall out there. We’ve seen Hall for a grand total of 5 minutes all season and the Dobbs project is over.

This is kinda what you get without Cousins.

fishingstar
    central mn / starlake

That pass by Mullens at that end of the game was embarrassing. He had a clean pocket. Step up and through the ball and it’s a duck.

Bass Pundit

No coach in the NFL could do any better with the injuries we’ve had. The stuff some of the keyboard cowboy’s on here is mind boggling. How about a synopsis on your football credentials?

I simply believe KOC has a lot of growing to do as a HC and Flores is more game-ready right now. It would suck if we let another Dungy, Billick, or Tomlin leave the franchise for greener pastures when we have a superior guy right now.

KOC was handed a Ferrari and achieved squat. Flores was handed a pile of dung and made diamonds. Easy choice, for me on who is the superior Coach. My credentials are learning from the past, so the same mistakes aren’t made going forward.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

So, now your calling for the Vikings to replace KOC with Flores?

In case you haven’t paid any attention lately, the NFL is moving away from playing defense. It’s a out score them league. You dump KOC for Flores and you might as well go help Jefferson & Cousins pack.

Bass Pundit

That pass by Mullens at that end of the game was embarrassing. He had a clean pocket. Step up and through the ball and it’s a duck.

He was throwing a fastball and the ball slipped a bit, crap happens all the time with pitchers and QBs. It was an unlucky break that tells us zero about his competence as a QB. The long INT he threw on the play Addison got hurt had it been a yard or two further downfield is probably a completed pass, possibly for a touchdown. The TV announcer was also wrong about the first INT being a bad read or even a bad play. Where he thought Mullins should go with the pass was also low % of completion given where the defenders were. Because it was 4th Down, that INT won us yards like a mini-punt. His third INT on third and long was also basically a punt on 3rd down. Not all turnovers are created equal. The biggest turnover of the game was that crap roughing the passer call that changed the game trajectory into the Lions favor.

Bass Pundit

So, now your calling for the Vikings to replace KOC with Flores?

In case you haven’t paid any attention lately, the NFL is moving away from playing defense. It’s a out score them league. You dump KOC for Flores and you might as well go help Jefferson & Cousins pack.

I’m not calling for the Vikings to do anything.

Just saying what I would do if I were Team Owner.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

Flores has left all former teams with hard feeling and lawsuits.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Calling the Vikings a “Ferrari” of a football squad is borderline preposterous.

Going 13-5 last season is a bad gauge because they were frauds all season. When they played a superior opponent, they got crushed. They haven’t lost a single game this season by more than 7 points. They just get sloppy with the ball at critical times and turn it over constantly. Yesterday was no different.

The Lions deserved to win the division. It’s their first in 30 years. The roar has been restored.

Bass Pundit

Calling the Vikings a “Ferrari” of a football squad is borderline preposterous.

Going 13-4 last season is a bad gauge because they were frauds all season. When they played a superior opponent, they got crushed.

The Lions deserved to win the division. It’s their first in 30 years. The roar has been restored.

Had they kept Zim, the team last year would have gone deep in the playoffs. Maybe all the way. Talk after the fact about toxic culture is nothing a little winning wouldn’t have cured; Zim wouldn’t have put a crap D on the field in 3 consecutive years. There was almost no difference between the Points For and Against between the 2021 season and 2022 season. We wasted Cook’s final good season by bringing in a Coach who had nothing to offer in terms of fixing what was broken with the team. This year we discovered that “culture” is no shield against injuries and turnovers. What saved the team this year is our D is drastically improved thanks to Flores. The D is the main reason why we are in plus territory in scoring.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I agree with the defense this season. It’s been nothing short of extraordinary in terms of rapid improvement.

The issue with Zimmer is that the players lost respect for him. Tough to coach a team when no one is on board with what you’re trying to do.

I sure hope they are able to re-sign Cousins. We’ve gotten a taste of what this offense will look like without him: ability to move the ball, but mistake-riddled.

Ripjiggen

Zim had 2 good seasons out of 8.

Jerry K
    Coon Rapids

At least the viking fans have zero chance of seeing another postseason last ditch effort 4th & 8 pass for 3 yards.

Personally i’m at a total loss with all the self inflicted errors coming from both players and coaching, even with all the injuries they found ways to be competitive until those self inflicted destructive choices. Some of the officiating like every year puts their thumbs on the scale of outcomes, good team can overcome that without continuously errors.

The vast majority of players for the most part played with heart all season and showed grit
    KOC needs to get rid of his smug attitude, he is not the smartest coach, he is responsible for several losses alone.

Sure glad the Wild look like they turned the season around over the last three weeks

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Keeping Zim = keeping Spielman.

There is nothing wrong with OKC, the jury is still out on the GM. You are seeing things that aren’t there or in your eyes only. While the defense is better they still allowed enough points that they lost a few games they shouldn’t of. They are a better defense but far from a shutdown defense.

Brittman

Competition may have been subpar, but they had a run of about 8 games where they led the NFL in least points allowed. Of course the Raiders shutout help accentuate that number.

Brittman

JJ let it be known who he wants at QB next year.

Brittman

Some posts appear to be influenced by too much holiday cheer or a visit to the local dispensary. tongue

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

JJ let it be known who he wants at QB next year.

He’s openly stated that his new contract will be affected by the QB that is throwing to him. He wants stability at that position.

I think its very possible that if they don’t re-sign Cousins, you can say goodbye to JJ as well.

Viewing 30 posts - 1,561 through 1,590 (of 1,853 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.