2023 Vikings

• CaptainMusky

I think KOC overall record is like 20-11.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I think KOC overall record is like 20-11.

Ya my exact numbers may be off but he hasn’t lost when his team is even or positive in turnovers and his team hasn’t won when they are in the negative.

Its something they show on TV every game more than once during the course of the broadcast.

CaptainMusky

You are right on that part Gim. That is the biggest issue with this team and has been all year!

Ripjiggen

Im surprised no one has ever mentioned the turn over margin. Stupid turnovers or not if they would just play the same defense to finish games as they play to be leading late they would have at least a few more wins. You cant tell me every teams hasnt figured out when Vikes lead late they give up on the blitz and just show it and drop out. Third and what 20ish show blitz and drop back cause a linebacker can for sure drop back into position as fast as a receiver running his route. OK

They rushed five on the game tying TD and the sixth rusher covered the flat and qb rollout when he threw up the prayer that was caught by Higggins. whistling

big_g
    Isle, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Eelpoutguy wrote:</div>
    I’m pretty sure I’ll never watch another Vikings game the rest of my life

I say this almost every week!!

Since like 1979… doah SKOL ! tongue

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Seattle’s win over the Eagles last night was not helpful. The Vikings are still in the 6 hole but now the Rams, Seahawks, and Saints are all 7-7 as well.

Seattle still plays the Titans, Steelers, and Cardinals. They may run the table and finish 10-7.

The Rams play the Saints, Giants, and 49ers. They might win 2 of those 3, putting them at 9-8.

The Saints play the Rams, Bucs, and Falcons. No idea how that might finish.

Luckily the Vikings hold the tie breaker over the Seahawks, Rams, and Saints by virtue of conference record. They do not hold a tie breaker with the Bucs because they lost head to head in week 1. If the Saints pass the Bucs in the NFC South, it puts Tampa in the wild card mix instead.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

I don’t see the Vikes winning either one of the Detroit games. Season is over. chased

-J.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

the only way the vikes get to the playoffs is to win out IMO and that aint gonna happen!!!!!!! doah whistling

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

They could easily finish 9-8 and qualify for the playoffs. I think its safe to say that 8-9 isn’t going to get there though given the number of teams still in the mix.

And honestly, other than San Fran, none of the higher seeds are invulnerable. Philly, Detroit, and Dallas all look beatable.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Haven’t watched any games. What kind of great action did I miss ? rotflol rotflol rotflol
    Just kidding I already know.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Season was over when Cousins went down. For the 787th t-…..kidding….

Dan
    Southeast MN

I agree with you Gim, I think if the Vikes go 2-1 in the final 3 games they’re in, 1-2 and they’re out. What the odds are of that happening I’m not sure. This Sunday is their home Lions game and the Lions have every reason to want to wrap the division up. Who knows maybe the 17th game in Detroit the Lions maybe play a half-a## game to rest some key players. I’m guessing at the moment the Vikes would be favored by no more than 3 against the Packers at home as well, and I could see that going either way.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Basically have the Vikings, Rams, Seahawks, NFC South Runner up (Bucs and Saints are both 7-7, and one of them will be the division winner) all at 7-7, then the Pack and Falcons at 6-8 for 2 playoff spots. Very good chance it comes down to the last week, and a playoff spot is filled by a team playing another team resting it’s players (Vikes vs Lions or Rams vs 49ers), which would be fitting for how mediocre this season has been.

Tlazer

Dallas is beatable if they are playing on the road. Their record on the road I believe is terrible. At home Dallas is playing lights out.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Dallas is beatable if they are playing on the road. Their record on the road I believe is terrible. At home Dallas is playing lights out.

Yes, that is correct. They have the largest margin of victory in the league at home and are 7-0.

On the road they are 3-4 and have gotten walloped more than once, including Sunday in Buffalo. Its critical for their super bowl chances to claim the 2 seed and have home field advantage for at least 2 games. If they are the 5 seed, that spells trouble because they will be on the road the entire playoffs.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

If there’s one thing this year has shown, every team is beatable.

Beast

Basically have the Vikings, Rams, Seahawks, NFC South Runner up (Bucs and Saints are both 7-7, and one of them will be the division winner) all at 7-7, then the Pack and Falcons at 6-8 for 2 playoff spots. Very good chance it comes down to the last week, and a playoff spot is filled by a team playing another team resting it’s players (Vikes vs Lions or Rams vs 49ers), which would be fitting for how mediocre this season has been.

as long as the Packers keep worthless loser Joe Berry as our defensive coordinator they won’t be a threat.

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

So going forward, is Ty Chandler now considered the vikes RB1? I know Mattison is on the injury report, but say he gets back to 100% is he the backup?

CaptainMusky

It was quoted by KOC that Chandler would have an increased role going forward so take that for what its worth.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

So going forward, is Ty Chandler now considered the vikes RB1? I know Mattison is on the injury report, but say he gets back to 100% is he the backup?

no he misses one out of 24 blitz pick ups so he is the back up until he cleans that up

JoeMX1825
    MN

at what point does Qwesi admit Lewis Cine was a colossal failure of a 1st round pick? Seems like they are keeping him on the roster just so they dont have to admit it and keep saying he’s still recovering…

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

So far today I am enjoying Christmas Eve day, hanging out with the dogs, prepping for the Kids and Grandkid to come for dinner and gifts.
    No way will I ruin my day by watching the Vikings. Not a bleeping chance!!!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

You are watching the Vikings future without Cousins.

3rd string quarterbacks thinking they are still in high school where their arm won games. Every game Mullins and Dobbs play makes Cousins more money.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

Bad officiating and injuries turned what was an enjoyable football game into the worst watch of the year for me, by far.

The non-existent Roughing The Passer call soured me on the game before the slate of injuries. Our D was dictating the game the game at that point, and that crap call changed the Lion’s offensive momentum completely.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The Lions are just a better team at this point. They deserve to win their first division in 30 years today. Losing to the 10-4 Lions doesn’t bother me as much as losing to the Bucs, Chargers, Bears, Broncos, and Bengals.

The Vikings played decent for about 3 quarters. Injuries are taking their toll. Hockenson, Addison, and Wonnum all left the game. Wonnum’s injury may be serious, it was a non-contact knee injury.

Ripjiggen

Holy injuries Batman. I may get a chance to suite up next week.

Ripjiggen

Entertaining game. Had a chance with the second string JV team to beat the Lions at the end.

Viewing 30 posts - 1,531 through 1,560 (of 1,853 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.