2023 Vikings

• Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I’m pretty sure I’ll never watch another Vikings game the rest of my life

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Just like Dobbs should have been replaced weeks before he was. So should KOC. Just like the team he’s coaching, he’s not that good. If you ask me his coaching has been poor at best the majority of the season. They didn’t get any pressure on the QB all game. Far too many plays with only 3 or 4 players rushing. They got picked a
    Apart by a 3rd string QB.

Ripjiggen

You sure edit your posts a lot after the fact.

From SI:
    On both QB sneaks, better known nowadays as the “tush push,” Mullens had the diminutive wide receiver Brandon Powell, listed at 5-foot-8 and 181 pounds, pushing Mullens from behind.

Why not use a bigger body, like 250-pound C.J. Ham or 260-pound Josh Oliver to move Mullens forward? Hindsight is 20:20, but that could be one O’Connell wishes he could have back.

Who are you referring to?

Tush push is a fad. Not a good one.
    They needed to get like 6 inches or less.
    Bradbury got blown up on both.
    Inexcusable on all parties to try it twice.

Ripjiggen

It took this game to say this. jester

Jerry K
    Coon Rapids

If I recall correctly they did the quarterback sneak three times in a row. The first time I don’t think it was the tush push but mullins did get it, but it didn’t count Bengals called a time out.
    Then the pathetic attempts twice after.

I do quite a bit of editing, I am using voice to text on my Mac and I don’t proofread and hit send and then I noticed the errors and go to make edits and have further thoughts afterwards that get added in.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Really should not have even come down to inches needed for a first down in OT. Twice they got inside the 20 and threw INTs. No points with almost guaranteed 3 each time. -1 in the turnover margin. Every time they lose the turnover battle under KOC they lose the game. It’s so simple, and yet it’s so difficult.

Tlazer

Why get that mad. They are rolling out their 4th qb of the season.

Wrong. It has everything to do with a 180 lb WR.
    Silly boy!

Hurts doesn’t need help.

Hurts get help, haven’t you watched any of the games. Hurts also squats over 600# pounds.

Jerry K
    Coon Rapids

Chandler 130+ yards rushing, Mullins 300+ yards, Addison over 100 two tds, one was another Mullins ill advised pass.
    JJ & TJ had glue other their hands.
    Second half D starting cover two & zone flipped momentum multiple 10-14+ yard first downs one after another. That one drive flipped momentum ending in a touchdown and the D went back to it again.
    When it came to OT, the D did it’s job, the offense clicked & made it past mid field.
    Then KOC figured being stuck on stupid was a good idea when you only needed inches.
    Why not settle for a foot or two gain with a real back, or just maybe someone that weighs more than the QB if he is going to help the tush push.
    Mullins needed to body surf on top of his center with big bodies behind him pushing him forward, not a 180lb WR

What this season record would/could have looked like even without cousins with smarter coaching.

meanwhile I am hoping denver can get win 7 out of the last eight vs the lions
    Edit: 21-0 lions at the half, of course it is. lol

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Hurts get help, haven’t you watched any of the games. Hurts also squats over 600# pounds.

He definitely gets help, but he’s also a lot more capable than someone like Mullens is too because you can tell they work on it. He gets low and he has more power. He also has all pro center Jason Kelce at center. They’ve literally refined that play so it’s unstoppable. Other teams don’t. So stop trying to emulate it. It didn’t work with Cousins, it doesn’t work with Mullens either.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

KOC is the same coach that many here thought last year was the second coming of Grant or Belichick. Mullins is Dobbs as to say a back-up for a reason. The defense feasts on poor offenses and sometimes gets caught. Pass the blame wherever you want but they have done well to be .500 without a quarterback.

Jerry K
    Coon Rapids

KOC is the same coach that many here thought last year was the second coming of Grant or Belichick. Mullins is Dobbs as to say a back-up for a reason. The defense feasts on poor offenses and sometimes gets caught. Pass the blame wherever you want but they have done well to be .500 without a quarterback.

When Kirk went down the record was 4-4 after that win vs GB
    So what are you saying? 4-4 or 7-7 no real QB?
    Kirk had JJ as well.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I’m saying they are a .500 team at best.

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>
    Why get that mad. They are rolling out their 4th qb of the season.

Wrong. It has everything to do with a 180 lb WR.
    Silly boy!

Hurts doesn’t need help.

Nope never seen an eagles game. Do they play in the NFL?

Jerry K
    Coon Rapids

KOC reasoning for 180 pound wide receiver was he didn’t want the Bengals to get into a goal line stance. lol Really.
    You mean you failed to see their alignment? it was just exactly that.
    Sitting on a time out prior to that fourth down failure, maybe Plan B or plan C should’ve been thought about.
    Plan B maybe using a back with a big body either blocking in front such as ham or from behind.
    Plan C my least preferred, maybe punt and try to pin them deep since the D just got you a three and out and have been ball hawks of late.
    Vikings are the only team to fail the tush push multiple times in a game since 2022 evidently the stats suggest so.
    Yes it’s all hindsight, but the repetitive poor late game calls are well known.
    Beginning of the second half you could see it a mile away this collapse was gonna happen and it wasn’t necessarily execution by the players at that point.
    It is what it is, just another colossal failure added to the long list for this franchise.
    Next year…. lol
    edit:
    just more of my venting

Umy
    South Metro

hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah
    What an embarrassment – this comes down to the coach, NOT your 3rd or 4th string QB, not cause it’s “on the road”, not cause of injuries – just terrible play calling.
    Inexcusable at this level.
    Venting same as Jerry K

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Detroit visits next Sunday with the division crown on the line. The Lions have never won the NFC North. They last won a division in 1993 when it was the NFC Central.

The Lions need one more win or a Minnesota loss to win the division. Both of those could easily happen next Sunday in Mpls.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Both of those could easily happen next Sunday in Mpls.

Both of these could easily will happen next Sunday…

There, I fixed it for you gimruis!! rotflol

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Dobbs gets benched. Blown game in Cincinnati. Mullens isn’t the answer. Jeezz… who could have seen this coming coffee

Brittman

Browning played toss, hope and pray or maybe it was 500 and his receivers won.

Browning was a Viking (practice squad). Bengals backup beat the Vikings backup.

Lions … flip a coin.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

I think Mullens gives us a shot in each of the final three games and an outside chance of going on an unexpected run in the playoffs. The guy can make throws and we have a hungry good defense that learned some hard lessons in that loss. It won’t surprise a bit if both the Bengals and Vikings shock the naysayers come playoff time. Every team in the NFC looks vulnerable to me, except the 49ers.

Pitter patter

Put the state of Minnesota out of its nfl misery already and move the franchise to San Diego

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

5 losses by 3 points or less, the other 2 by 7 points.

All with a negative turnover margin. This team could literally be 12-2 and atop the entire NFL. lol kinda surreal but yet enormously pathetic because of massive blunders at the same time. shock

Jerry K
    Coon Rapids

5 losses by 3 points or less, the other 2 by 7 points.

All with a negative turnover margin. This team could literally be 12-2 and atop the entire NFL. lol kinda surreal but yet enormously pathetic because of massive blunders at the same time. shock

Such a shame… It’s is in the dna of this franchise

big_g
    Isle, MN

No reason, other than coaching that they are not 11-3 right now. coffee

CaptainMusky

No reason, other than coaching that they are not 11-3 right now.

Injuries dont help either.

JEREMY
    BP

Im surprised no one has ever mentioned the turn over margin. Stupid turnovers or not if they would just play the same defense to finish games as they play to be leading late they would have at least a few more wins. You cant tell me every teams hasnt figured out when Vikes lead late they give up on the blitz and just show it and drop out. Third and what 20ish show blitz and drop back cause a linebacker can for sure drop back into position as fast as a receiver running his route. OK

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Its so hard to believe that the Vikings are still in the #6 seed after yet another Embarrassing loss. In their last 4 games they have 3 ugly loss’s to The Bronco’s, The Bears, and the Bengals and a ugly 3-0 win against the Raiders. That is some ugly football right there !!!

CaptainMusky

Im surprised no one has ever mentioned the turn over margin.

Um, its been said like 37 times in this thread and 30 of them by me alone I am sure.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Um, its been said like 37 times in this thread and 30 of them by me alone I am sure.

Oh I’m sure I’ve stated it just as many times this season too. You could argue the turnovers are the single most glaring stat why they lose games, Saturday in Cincy being no different.

I think KOC is 20-0 when his team is even or positive in the turnover margin, and he is 0-12 or something when they lose the turnover margin. Some teams are good enough to overcome turnovers. The Vikings are not one of those teams.

In 5 losses to the Bucs, Chargers, Bears, Broncos, and Bengals this season by a combined 9 points, the Vikings are a whopping -11 in the turnover margin. LOL how is that even possible

Netguy
    Minnetonka

I say this almost every week!!

Viewing 30 posts - 1,501 through 1,530 (of 1,853 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.