2023 Vikings

• Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Lawn chair meet camp fire!

Wildlifeguy

Well, pretty sure Dobbs had his flight booked back to wherever he lives before the game. On the plus side, he earned a bunch of cash for his alopecia charity, and probably at least kept his NFL dream alive for another training camp. Given the circumstances, not all bad.

JoeMX1825
    MN

a win is a win right…I keep telling myself that…

B-man

Thank you Vikings and Raiders for the most boring game in the last 35 years…

Jimmy Jones

Ma mentioned yesterday that the Vikes were favored by 3.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

Our wide receivers other than JJ did Dobbs no favors. I think Dobbs may have gotten a concussion on that vicious hit he took before his last couple of errant throws. Mullens came in at just the right time. I found this game a lot more exciting with the two D’s exchanging blows from the very beginning to innumerable games in the past with Cousins where the team scored a quick TD, then hibernates most of the rest of the game. No turnovers were key. The Offense was dreadful, but we got the win. It’s a beautiful thing. I just wish KOC would have had the good sense to play field position in the Bears game when we were at home. Give the other team a long field and the turnovers will come our way eventually. It won’t surprise me a bit if Flores D shuts down the Bengals next week as well. Our D is balling right now and I’m here for it.

JEREMY
    BP

One has to wonder why it took so long to make a change.

As in 2 drives into the bears game. Or the second half of the Broncos game.

Ripjiggen

Vikes are running out of starters on offense.
    I am going to miss Brian Flores.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Lawn chair meet camp fire!

…you burnt one up in celebration!?!?

The Vikings nab another key win and are currently slated into the 6th seed of NFC Playoff Race. Dobbs records another win to add to his resume as he played a majority of the game. I’m starting to drink the Purple Kool-Aid. Save me a spot on the bandwagon.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

and are currently slated into the 6th seed of NFC Playoff Race

Seems like they’ve been in the 6 hole for weeks now, even with some recent losses to Denver and Chicago.

Seattle, Atlanta, and LA Rams all lost yesterday which did the Vikings a favor. The Giants can do them another favor by beating the Packers tonight.

CaptainMusky

I am going to miss Brian Flores.

I hope they open the checkbook to keep him but I have no doubt he has HC aspirations again. He has certainly turned the D around.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Does Miami have anymore coaches they want to get rid of ??? coffee tongue doah

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buckybadger wrote:</div>
    and are currently slated into the 6th seed of NFC Playoff Race

Seems like they’ve been in the 6 hole for weeks now, even with some recent losses to Denver and Chicago.

Seattle, Atlanta, and LA Rams all lost yesterday which did the Vikings a favor. The Giants can do them another favor by beating the Packers tonight.

The 7 spot is likely a death wish for one of the lesser playoff teams to play either San Fran or Dallas/Philly.

Whoever ends up in the 6 seed has a realistic shot at knocking off the Lions (who have lost 2 of their last 3, notably to both the Packers and Bears…not exactly juggernauts)

CaptainMusky

Whoever ends up in the 6 seed has a realistic shot at knocking off the Lions (who have lost 2 of their last 3, notably to both the Packers and Bears…not exactly juggernauts)

And I just got laughed at the other day for saying the Vikings could win both games against the Lions. Go Figure.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Man that was crazy Dobbs made Mullens look like a legit NFL QB. But Mullens still missed a few balls VERY badly in his short time, one TE screen to Oliver and a wide open Nailor deep ball was about 15 yards off. At this point I’d say start the rookie, Dobbs and Mullens ain’t it.

Flores still has an ongoing lawsuit with the NFL, which is kind of how he wound up here to begin with. Hopefully that keeps him here another couple years while it’s sorted out. He’s a great coach, obviously, and people seem to forget he went 9-8 and 10-7 at Miami pre-Tua/Tyreek and all the other skill players they’ve added.

Tlazer

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buckybadger wrote:</div>

And I just got laughed at the other day for saying the Vikings could win both games against the Lions. Go Figure.

I believe the Lion’s defense is as good as LV so the Vike’s may need to score more than 3 points to win. Sounds like everyone already has them playing in the championship game. Think it’s a bit early for that.

CaptainMusky

I believe the Lion’s defense is as good as LV so the Vike’s may need to score more than 3 points to win. Sounds like everyone already has them playing in the championship game. Think it’s a bit early for that.

Man, some people sure like to jump to conclusions on this site. Its laughable no one has said anything close to that.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Did anyone hear or see any comment about when was the last time an NFL game ended in a 3-0 score?

This can’t happen very often. Back in the 1970s when everyone was playing outdoors I recall some low scores, but I don’t recall the Vikings ever winning or losing a 3-0 game.

When did this happen last?

Ripjiggen

2007 in NFL pitt vs Miami.
    1971 for the Vikings.

tswoboda

I’m guessing those games were played in inclement weather

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Did anyone hear or see any comment about when was the last time an NFL game ended in a 3-0 score?

Pittsburgh beat Miami in 2007 3-0. Had it ended in a 0-0 tie, that would have been the first 0-0 tie since 1943.

tswoboda

They said on the broadcast no game has ever gone to OT scoreless

CaptainMusky

They said on the broadcast no game has ever gone to OT scoreless

Dangit, I am kind of bummed now!

Dan
    Southeast MN

The Wild and Vikings both won 3-0 yesterday.

I truly cannot believe that is a real sentence.

Jerry K
    Coon Rapids

JJ now listed as day to day, he could potentially play Saturday week 15
    Glad it wasn’t a cracked rib /s

Ripjiggen

Can you imagine spending the money to go to that game in Vegas. Probably not a lot of fan banter going on.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I believe the spread ended up Vikings -3… blush and the over/under 40.5 rotflol rotflol rotflol

Ryan Schwartz
    Western WI

The NFL product right now….woof.

Brittman

The NFL has been a roller coaster for most all teams including KC, SF, and now Philly. Enjoyable.

To see the Vikings still competitive without Cousins in fun. Heck beyond the Vikes look at Denver and GB … Detroit … even Chicago.

To those that say let the season slide for draft picks … listen to KFAN Paul Allen at 11:17 today (2 hours and 17 minutes into the show). Bercich laid that idea out there as pure sports pundit and fan crap. Basically, you build a team and a team room on winning … the idea that you lose just to get a bunch of first round draft picks and then say this year we win the SB is not realistic.

Viewing 30 posts - 1,381 through 1,410 (of 1,853 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.