2023 Vikings

• Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Vikes management mad they lost.
    Bears management mad they won.

I would love to know the viewership at the end of the game.

That made me chuckle ! Wife is a Bears fan , i ask her why ? Well she is from Illinois , she must feel obligated .

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

KOC with a terrible bet, NOOOOOOOOOO! I hate it even if we had made it.

I am beyond frustrated with this unforced error of going for it on 4th down on that first drive of the second half. Field position is at a premium in a defensive struggle. You are at home, the D is the strength of this team, and playing lights out. Put them in the position of advantage, Be patient!

This loss is all on KOC and that overly aggressive call coming out of half-time as far as I’m concerned.

KOC also should have called a timeout before they snapped the ball that broke our back. The D line needed fresher legs right then after the previous play when they hustled their asses off. I thought the Offense had a clear advantage before the ball was snapped.

Some people may have hated the game. I love a good ole ugly defense slugfest from time to time. Our D is playing really well right now. As far as Dobb’s play goes. KOC’s game plan for him just didn’t work very well. I credit the Bears D. 10 points should have been enough for us to win or at least go to overtime tonight.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

That was the worst football game I’ve ever seen in my life. [/quote
    X2. Bad QB, Bad O-line, Terrible play calling and Coaching. Only the Vikings could find a way to lose that game. I think we can now say the feel good story of Josh Dobbs has came to an end. He proved why he’s been a journeyman his whole career. To me it looked like neither teams players had any desire to be on the field. Just another same old Viking team.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

Oh for goodness sake, Dobbs has been with this team for less than a month. I’m not giving up on the kid, yet. Our D held an NFL Team to 12 points while turning the ball over 4 times. Da Bears scored 26 under the same circumstances the previous week in Detriot. Few things in football grind my gears more than people who don’t appreciate a D who works their asses off to keep the other team from scoring. Both team’s D came to play and were suffocating for the most part. The coaches in Chicago won the chess match and in doing so came out with a hard-fought victory. Da Bears have their bye this upcoming week as well, followed by a match-up against the Lions in Soldier. This Bears team could finish strong if their last two games are any indication of the direction they are heading.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

You call it great defense.
    I’ll call it two lousy quarterbacks.

Disclaimer, I didn’t watch or listen to 1 minute of the game. However Dobbs is a career backup for a reason and Fields will be a backup next year. You don’t need to be a NFL insider to understand what happened.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

The other teams offense isn’t even good. I wouldn’t be screaming hallelujah about our d. That was pretty embarrassing actually

ThunderLund78

Kinda reminds me of the Coach Burnsie press conference meltdown game except we were the team that won by kicking four field goals (if memory serves me correctly). I miss those days.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Easily one of the worst football games I’ve ever seen, period.

Turnovers are they key to winning or losing in this league, every team knows it, and there is no more obvious glaring stat staring them in the face every time they win or lose, and yet they continue to do it. Last week in Denver, last night against the Bears.

Atrocious, pathetic, embarrassing football.

KOC and some of his in-game adjustments/play calls are a real head scratcher. He’s done an admirable job getting them into a playoff spot with the QB issues and missing JJ, but its the same trip the dried up well every time when they lose. You have the ball on the 41 yd line of Chicago, call 2 runs, and then a quick pass that loses yardage. Terrible punt, and they get the ball on the 22, so a net gain of less than 20 yards. What a joke.

B-man

Dear Lord that was an ugly game.

The only thing that let me watch the whole thing was I was occupied enough tying up crappie jigs and had the game on behind the vise.

I would have fallen asleep otherwise lol

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20231128-075954.png

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

This one seems appropriate this morning. Courtesy of Sherriff Green.

CaptainMusky

That was an awful awful game and Dobbs was really bad. He needs to protect the ball. I loved the first call of the game it was aggressive and I think KOC should have challenged it because I think he caught it. That would have set the tone early.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Terrible on all fronts, but the thing that always pisses me off.. the “prevent the win” we go into. Vikings do it, Gophers do it… they get a lead and then when they can really close out the game, they run,run, pass for 1 yard or negative yardage… punt (very poorly) and then let the other team go all out for the win. Do these coaches know, when you do this, your players see that you have more faith in running out the clock, than you do in them…

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Terrible on all fronts, but the thing that always pisses me off.. the “prevent the win” we go into. Vikings do it, Gophers do it… they get a lead and then when they can really close out the game, they run,run, pass for 1 yard or negative yardage… punt (very poorly) and then let the other team go all out for the win. Do these coaches know, when you do this, your players see that you have more faith in running out the clock, than you do in them…

Dobbs was at x4 interceptions shortly into the 4th quarter and a dropped pick 6 that should’ve made 5 interceptions.

…are you trying to say they should’ve loosened the reins and let him sling it even MORE? shock

CaptainMusky

Dobbs made some really reckless throws for sure, but he also had a few dandies.

Ripjiggen

Dobbs made some really reckless throws for sure, but he also had a few dandies.

Really? which ones? He threw the ball 32 times for 185 yards.

If it wasn’t for the last completion for Fields he would have finished with under 200 yards in the air too.

That is almost impossible in today’s NFL.

CaptainMusky

Really? which ones? He threw the ball 32 times for 185 yards.

Are you referring to the reckless or the good ones? The first pass of the game was a great throw and there were a few others besides that, but the reckless ones were borderline HS level decisions.

Ripjiggen

Good ones… I saw maybe 2 out of 32. Of those 2 one was picked off.

CaptainMusky

I saw more than 2 so I stand by my “few” comment. I know 1 was dropped that should have been a catch. Still think they should have challenged that first play I think he caught that.

big_g
    Isle, MN

The predictable run up the 2 hole for 2 straight plays for little to no yardage so they burn their Timeouts, then the swing pass for a yard and punt gets old. Being conservative would be trying to gain 5 or 6 yards and kick a 55 yarder, a winner tries to get a first down and then run out the clock… maybe even score a TD. They are too predictable with their play calling… I told my wife before it all went down, 2 runs up the middle for a yard or none and then a short pass, with no chance of gaining a first down, then a terrible punt and let Fields control the game. Go into the prevent D and give up chunks and maybe a big one so they get into range… sadly, this is the Minnesota way. Can we get a coach with a fire in his belly that wants to control his own destiny ? So sick of it.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

I stayed optimistic on Dobbs as long as I could, now I’m falling off the ship really fast. He makes really dumb mistakes when he’s under pressure or going down and just throws the ball up in the air. That’s not an indicator of a super smart astronaut, or a long term starting quarterback.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Dobbs was at x4 interceptions shortly into the 4th quarter and a dropped pick 6 that should’ve made 5 interceptions.

I’m not saying Dobbs is not a Bad QB. He’s been a backup his whole career. But lets remember several of those Int’s. hit the receiver 1st and then popped up in the air and got intercepted. They were not all on him

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I cant understand why they did not have more play calls to get Dobbs outside the pocket. Last night the o-line looked like the o-line for the first 3 weeks of the season. Why they don’t have more designed runs for him as well. What he is is a older, smarter Fields. Use him like it.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

The thing that drives me nuts….Say they need five yards for a first down. They throw the ball FOUR yards, the receiver gets tackled, and then they punt. If they need eight yards to receiver goes down field seven yards. It’s always short of what they need. It almost never works. Yet they keep doing it.

They keep changing coaches and we get the same play calling.

SR

Brittman

Pro football is about watching films and developing a plan to beat the opposition based on whatever weakness is identified. You have to execute said plan and adjust as they adjust to win … Vikings did this to beat Frisco

…with that said …

KOC, Dobbs, and the Vikings offense had “surprize” on their side initially. Dobbs and the Viking’s offensive weaknesses and tendencies have now been exposed by Denver and now Chicago’s Defenses. KOC needs to adjust or they are done.

Going ultra-conservative in the final minutes against Denver and then Chicago did not help a bit … will the Vikings staff change up or stay this course? Important since most games here on out could be close.

Bears have the Panther’s 1st round pick. They are on track for the #1 pick overall no matter their own record. You could see Field’s face after that second fumble. He knows he went from thin ice to _____ .

ThunderLund78

Well at least the whole “keep Dobbs and trade Cousins” crowd has been silenced. I like the guy but he’s a serviceable back-up with a mobile upside. He’s put enough on film for teams to prepare for his scrambling. With no other credible run options, you force him to throw and you’re gonna get what you get.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

We lucked into some last minute tickets, so Little Werm and I went to the game. He loved it, even with the loss, and might have been the most excited I’ve ever seen him after that Hockenson TD. Couple thoughts on the game:

Dobbs throwing motion looks terrible in person, he simply cannot drive the ball downfield. He might be able to throw it far, but they are soft and seem to float. I thought they should have challenged that first bomb to Addison. And the late bomb to Addison was a terrible throw in HS, let alone the NFL. They need to consider going with the Rookie or Mullins after the bye.

Fields cannot progress thru his reads, and won’t last as a backup unless he figures that out. He is incredibly slippery tho, we should have had at least 4-5 more sacks. Bears defense, and defensive line is WAY better since the trade deadline. Also, thought the refs missed an intentional grounding on the play before the play to DJ Moore that sealed the deal.

KOC is a good coach, but has a long way to go running a game plan and most importantly going for the kill. Midfield turnover after just taking the lead, you HAVE to get at least 3 there. Danielle Hunter should be at the top of the list for DPOY this year, he was simply unstoppable last night.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The predictable run up the 2 hole for 2 straight plays for little to no yardage so they burn their Timeouts, then the swing pass for a yard and punt gets old. Being conservative would be trying to gain 5 or 6 yards and kick a 55 yarder, a winner tries to get a first down and then run out the clock… maybe even score a TD.

They started that possession at the Bears 41 yard line – not very far from reasonable FG range. I thought if they could get about 5 or 6 yards, they could attempt one. Obviously 3 points would have put them up 4, and required the Bears to score a TD, which they hadn’t come close to all night. But sure enough, hand off, hand off, quick pass, for a total of -1 yards. Really?? Now you’re on the 42 and still out of FG range. Ok, so let’s punt and pin them deep. Oh wait, the punter shanks one out of bounds on the 22, so its less than 20 yards net gain.

The week before they were in that almost exact same situation at Denver. They were up 2 with under 4 minutes left and a TD plus PAT would have put them up 9 – a two possession lead. But no, they go ultra conservative, gain no yardage, and kick the FG which only gives them a 5 point lead. Denver rallies for a TD and wins by 2.

Its the same damn coaching mistakes almost every time. The well has to be completely dry on this. Quit going back to it.

I got offered tickets yesterday for it from my realtor and declined them. So glad I didn’t go to that dumpster fire last night. At least at home I can just change the channel lol

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Looks like the Vikings reinstated Jefferson to the active roster. Hopefully he can add a boost to the teams poor Offense the final 5 games of the year. I hope its not Dobbs at QB when there return from their bye week. I’d actually like to see what the Rookie Jaren Hall can do at QB. At this point it probably doesn’t matter. Even if they manage to back their way into the playoffs they are not going anywhere.

Viewing 30 posts - 1,261 through 1,290 (of 1,853 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.