2023 Vikings

• Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

I don’t think JJ will be playing with a bye the following week.

They could use him as a decoy or on a limited pitch count. It will be interesting to see what the Vikes decided to do.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

JJ says IF he is feeling good and he will play.
    Really? ain’t that a given, heck some players play dinged.
    We will see, the bears are coming in on a roll and the vikings can’t blow another game.

Justin won’t play with a bye next week and maybe you should try running full speed on a pulled hammy.

Bears on what roll? 5% chance Queens lose at home to the Bears.

Jerry K
    Coon Rapids

Wasn’t suggesting him risking the hammy, but it shouldn’t be a news headline like it was, again. Nonetheless, this is his last week of the 21 day, its either activate or IR
    As for a bears roll, its a roll-er coaster of some decent play with some total collapses mixed in.
    Regardless of records, this is the NFL and upsets happen every week

Bass Pundit

The Vikes could very easily lose to the Bears at home from my perspective. We only scored 19 against them in ChiTown. Never take a Division rival lightly even when you have the better squad. How many times over the years has a pretty good Vikings squad fallen to a lesser Bears team.

Tlazer

If Jefferson had his new contract, wonder if that would change whether or not he plays without being 100%? Yes the Queens could easily lose to just about anybody, but the “D” has been playing good ball as of lately

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Something else to remember is that the last game against the Bears featured Cousins at QB and Fields got hurt. So Bagent came in during the 2nd quarter without any QB experience. Fields is the starter again, and he is a running threat. Meanwhile the Vikings are down to 3rd string Dobbs now. I don’t see this game unfolding like the last one, which jump started the 5 game win streak.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I think the Vikes have a good chance of losing this game. Classic trap game and the Bears offense is kind of dangerous with Fields playing. Dobbs was pretty panicky last game and he’ll be under pressure tomorrow night now the the Bears have a good front again with the two guys they picked up at the deadline.

Ripjiggen

Something else to remember is that the last game against the Bears featured Cousins at QB and Fields got hurt. So Bagent came in during the 2nd quarter without any QB experience. Fields is the starter again, and he is a running threat. Meanwhile the Vikings are down to 3rd string Dobbs now. I don’t see this game unfolding like the last one, which jump started the 5 game win streak.

4th string. toast

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

4th string.

Cousins, Hall, ? , Dobbs?

Surely you aren’t counting water boy Sean Mannion as the third string jester

Ripjiggen

Mullens?
    4th QB into the team. jester

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I think the Vikes have a good chance of losing this game. Classic trap game and the Bears offense is kind of dangerous with Fields playing.

As long as they don’t let Fields beat them with his legs it should be a relatively easy W. That’s easier said than done, and the Bears seem fine calling designed runs for him now that I don’t think they look at him as the long term answer anymore. He’s not beating anyone from the pocket, but he’s a heck of an athlete so even with proper defensive design/play calling he will still probably get loose. Keep those to a couple 10-20 yard runs and no TD’s should equal victory, but if he goes for 100+ yards and 1+ TD and it will be close.

ThunderLund78

Actually we had the last game WELL IN-HAND when Fields went out and Bagent was the one who almost beat us.

I never feel good about any VIKINGS game, but less worried this week than I was in Denver. This season could be a LOT worse given the rough start and all the injuries. We’re lucky to still be a realistic contender for the division. Just enjoy it while it lasts.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I won’t say this game is a must win one. But after their bad loss last week and with Detroit getting beat yesterday, the Vikings could really use a win tonight. With it being a home game and Minnesota currently at -3.5 in Vegas odds, I’d say the so called experts believe its going to be a real close one. To me it all depends on how Dobb’s plays and if they can keep Fields somewhat in check. I guess we will not know for sure about Jefferson until the 5:00 pm deadline today rather or not he will be activated. My guess is he will not be. With the bye next week I think they will just play it safe and not play him. To be honest, I’m not sure how well he will do with Dobbs at QB. I just don’t think Dobbs has the arm and accuracy to get the most out of Jefferson.

Ripjiggen

I think this game is fairly simple. Win the turnover battle and they win the game.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I would like to see a 70/30 split in the backfield in favor of Ty Chandler. Let Mattison start to keep his morale up but its time to see what you have with Ty. Business is business. I guess I have a good feeling this one will go our way but anything can happen in a game where the ball bounces funny?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I think this game is fairly simple. Win the turnover battle and they win the game.

Holy cow someone else finally acknowledged it besides me! wave

Ripjiggen

Well both teams are prone to turnovers and both are bottom 10 teams in differential.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

If you look at the 5 game win streak the Vikings put together, what’s the one theme that stands out amongst all those wins? Look back at the 4 losses earlier this season and the one last Sunday in Denver, what’s the one theme that stands out in all those losses?

It can’t be any more obvious lol

CaptainMusky

They already said Jefferson is not playing. I hope for a bounceback game from Dobbs and some more aggressive play calling from KOC.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Its officially been announced that Jefferson is not being activated for this nights game. I wonder how much of this decision is on Him and how much of it is on the owners and coaches? This seems like a rather long time to be out with the injury he had. The initial report was it was a more mild strained hamstring. I get that you want him healthy, but is a football player really every 100% during the season ???

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Holy cow someone else finally acknowledged it besides me!

If you look at the 5 game win streak the Vikings put together, what’s the one theme that stands out amongst all those wins? Look back at the 4 losses earlier this season and the one last Sunday in Denver, what’s the one theme that stands out in all those losses?

It can’t be any more obvious lol

Wait, are you saying winning the Turnover battle, helps you win football games?!? Stop the presses, we got a BREAKTHROUGH over here!!! Surprised no one has ever realized that before, or said anything about it. Move over Chris Collinsworth and Kirk Herbstreit! rotflol rotflol waytogo toast

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Its officially been announced that Jefferson is not being activated for this nights game. I wonder how much of this decision is on Him and how much of it is on the owners and coaches? This seems like a rather long time to be out with the injury he had. The initial report was it was a more mild strained hamstring. I get that you want him healthy, but is a football player really every 100% during the season ???

I don’t care about him being out for tonights game, keeping him out is the right choice right now. It does seem like a long time for a seemingly mild strain, but the time for questioning was when he was first off of IR. Bringing him back for one game before the bye doesn’t make much sense at this point imo.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

16-0 when the Vikes win or are even in the turnover battle in KOC’s tenure. That tells you all you need to know.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

16-0 when the Vikes win or are even in the turnover battle in KOC’s tenure. That tells you all you need to know.

Point made.

See above, BigWerm.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Point made.

See above, BigWerm.

The emoji’s in my previous post were to imply sarcasm, thought we all knew that?

FYI in the history of the NFL, if you win the turnover battle, you win 78% of the time. If you win it by 2 it goes up to 84% and if by 3 it goes up to 91%.

JEREMY
    BP

Didnt I hear if JJ played or didnt play tonight he needed to come off IR by today or he was done for the rest of the season

Jerry K
    Coon Rapids

googled it
    Players who land on IR after cutdown day must miss at least four games. Once a team designates a player for return, the activation clock starts. Clubs have 21 days from a player’s return-to-practice date to activate that player. If no activation commences in that window, the player reverts to season-ending IR.

November 8th was the day he was designated to return to practice.
    So realistically in the next couple days a call must be made

Jerry K
    Coon Rapids

post hung so I tried again only to see a duplicate

Jerry K
    Coon Rapids

Vikings D best start tackling.
    Missing is Making fields look like a superstar.

Bass Pundit

Vikes D was buzzing that first series, just have to get Field’s to the ground when they have the opportunity.

Viewing 30 posts - 1,171 through 1,200 (of 1,853 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.