2023 Vikings

• Ripjiggen

And the Vikings traded Randy Moss for Napoleon Harris and the 7th overall pick which they used to select Troy Williamson. whistling
    So there’s that.

I mean you are comparing Herschel Walker trade that brought in multiple HOF players with an HOF coach in a trade that would not even be allowed today.
    And a Hill trade that is spear headed by a HOF coach and QB that was already established most likely HOF bound in the league and already won a Super Bowl. Bit of a stretch comparing it to trading JJ.

How about we compare it to Randy Moss maybe the greatest of all time getting traded to the Raiders then the Patriots instead. How did that work out for all involved.

I get what you are saying Werm but give me a better comparison of trading what could be at this pace the greatest WR of all (stats wise) to a team that
    completely rebuilt and won a bowl.

“Plus there are some warning signs on JJ’s divaness developing, and as I stated previously WR’s are heading the way of RB’s. If Addison can give you 85% of JJ’s production, why not move him for a haul that may setup the franchise for the future? My whole life the Vikings have had all-time great non-QB skill position players….”

What diva signs?
    Wr’s getting paid top tier dollars vs RB’s that are reaching for tag deals?
    Gurley and Kupp probably don’t agree that WR are going in the same direction as RB’s.

Umy
    South Metro

Two things:
    Dutch boy excellent point on JJ drawing the studies. I don’t think a simple 85% comparison works.
    Second – not whining about the JJ catch fumble- I just thought he should have been down at the one yard line – was not sure why he wasn’t PLUS we lose the ball? Was just curious why.
    I also wish they only got the 15 yards on pass interference instead of wherebitvoccurred it is used so many times in late periods to get the other team back in it and lots of the calls are questionable. Just my opinion.
    Oh, and by the way- Dick CONTINUES to suck Buxton’s ass all game long – please poop up Dick and let Latroy talk

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

The problem with the 15 yard penalty in the NFL is if it was that way long passes would never be completed because usually the coverage is tight keeps the game exciting and that’s what the NFL wants. In NCAA the long passes usually have a fare amount of separation so is not as much as a factor. I know you can look at it both ways but imo this is why it is the way it is.

stout93
    Becker MN

I’ve seen it all now….

Rubes saying the Vikes defense didn’t play that bad….after giving up nearly 300 yards rushing…

stout93
    Becker MN

Do playoffs really mean any thing… Viking fans need to start to hold the coaching staff accountable it’s not the players!

Its not the coaches fault the players can’t hold onto the ball… I look at Kwesi’s 2 terrible drafts as an anchor on this team (besides Addison) zero help from draft picks… our best signing is an undrafted undersized linebacker who’s beating the odds…
    [/quote]

At least a few of you are starting to realize this is one of the least talented teams in the NFL..

Other posters…not so much..stlll living in a fantasy world of purple..

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Rubes saying the Vikes defense didn’t play that bad….after giving up nearly 300 yards rushing…

LOL they got manhandled on the line. Every time it was short yardage, the Eagles line would just push with all their might and Hurts would gain the yardage needed. There is no stopping it.

The reality is that if they have one less turnover in each game, they probably win. Turnovers and penalties will ruin your chances pretty quick though, especially when they’re in the red zone.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Spielman had to go but I never liked Kwesi from the first time he opened his mouth. he must have aced his interview tho? the first part of their schedule looks brutal so hopefully they win the next 2. if it gets out of hand early this is the season to tank with a once in a lifetime QB available in the draft.

I’m good with whatever just as long as football is back

Fishing, Fall, Football………what a time to be alive!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Who would that once in a lifetime quarterback be? Or haven’t the talking head hype machine identified one yet?

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Who would that once in a lifetime quarterback be? Or haven’t the talking head hype machine identified one yet?

i dont know, but that QB that throttled the gophers yesterday would be a good start!!!! rotflol

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Boy the North sure helped out the Vikes today.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Caleb Williams at USC, he would have been the 1st pick if he could have come out this year, and assuming he stays healthy will be whenever he decides to come out (he’s a Junior, so could go back to college). Drake Maye could be a very good NFL QB as well. Although you never know, how many “once a generation” talents have come and gone? Peyton Manning is probably the last one to live up to the hype.

Agreed, it was a good weekend for the Purple with all 3 North teams underperforming, and showing serious long term flaws.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Caleb Williams, Bo Nix, Drake Maye, and Riley Leonard are all guys that seem like they’d be worth taking a shot on. Even if only 1 of them from the class pan out to be a top 15 qb in the league it’s worth the 1 in 4 shot.

It’s so tough to win in the NFL without at least an above average qb, that sitting and middling with anything less is a real waste of time. Look at the 49ers – they gave up all that draft capital for Trey Lance and already cut him loose admitting it was a miss and moving on. They don’t waste time and are always in “win now” mode with that franchise it seems. Some teams wait 4 years to make that decision and just spin their tires.

Ripjiggen

Caleb Williams, Bo Nix, Drake Maye, and Riley Leonard are all guys that seem like they’d be worth taking a shot on. Even if only 1 of them from the class pan out to be a top 15 qb in the league it’s worth the 1 in 4 shot.
    It’s so tough to win in the NFL without at least an above average qb.

Don’t they already have an above average QB?

San Fran wasn’t in win now mode until recently. 2014-2019 they were terrible. Drafted d linemen just about every first round. Kind of have to be in win now mode when you give up as much 1st round capital as they did to draft a QB.

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>
    Do playoffs really mean any thing… Viking fans need to start to hold the coaching staff accountable it’s not the players!

Its not the coaches fault the players can’t hold onto the ball… I look at Kwesi’s 2 terrible drafts as an anchor on this team (besides Addison) zero help from draft picks… our best signing is an undrafted undersized linebacker who’s beating the odds…

At least a few of you are starting to realize this is one of the least talented teams in the NFL..

Other posters…not so much..stlll living in a fantasy world of purple..
    [/quote]
    So how long does a GM get to make a solid draft? One year and if they don’t nail it move on?

Talk about a revolving door.

I give Kwesi a little grace for that first draft, and draft #2 is still in the air. IMO if draft 3 looks the same then he will be on the hot seat.

Brittman

Which one of these previous four Viking first-round draft picks was “the” pick ?

Tommy Kramer (1977), Daunte Culpepper (1999), Christian Ponder (2011) and Teddy Bridgewater (2014).

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Which one of these previous four Viking first-round draft picks was “the” pick ?

Tommy Kramer (1977), Daunte Culpepper (1999), Christian Ponder (2011) and Teddy Bridgewater (2014).

Daunte before he hurt his knee and his hands shrunk, and Teddy Two gloves before he almost died from a knee injury.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

There is no franchise quarterback on that list, healthy or not. Cousins can do the job even though he also isn’t a franchise quarterback. but first you need to keep him upright.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Caleb Williams is “supposed” to be the Lebron of the NFL when he laces up his cleats.
    Peyton was the last can’t miss but Ryan Leaf gave him a run mrgreen

CaptainMusky

No love for the Risner signing? They had to so something with the Udoh season ending injury. Man that Cobb injury last night was brutal too.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Man that Cobb injury last night was brutal too.

I think you meant Chubb.

The Vikings open as 1 point home underdogs against the visiting 0-2 Chargers on Sunday afternoon.

CaptainMusky

Well he gave up about half the pressures than Cleveland or Ingram so to me that is a big improvement.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

The Athletic is reporting the Vikings traded for Cam Akers of the Rams.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I see that trade is now confirmed. Akers for 2026 late round draft picks.

The Vikings have a league-low 69 total rushing yards through 2 games. Akers is expected to earn playing time alongside Mattison once he is “up to speed.” He has familiarity with KOC’s style of play from their time together with the Rams, including a Super Bowl 2 years ago.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I don’t really see this trade working out well, but only time will tell. There are a lot of questions left to be answered:

-Will Akers play the other Guard spot?

-Can he be a viable option at Center?

-What’s his experience level at playing on the defensive line?

-Is he being rostered as a depth piece at corner?

glenn57
    cold spring mn

To start with Akers is a RB!

Ripjiggen

I see that trade is now confirmed. Akers for 2026 late round draft picks.

The Vikings have a league-low 69 total rushing yards through 2 games. Akers is expected to earn playing time alongside Mattison once he is “up to speed.” He has familiarity with KOC’s style of play from their time together with the Rams, including a Super Bowl 2 years ago.

The Super Bowl where he rushed 13 times for 21 yards? whistling

Dan
    Southeast MN

I don’t really see this trade working out well, but only time will tell. There are a lot of questions left to be answered:

-Will Akers play the other Guard spot?

-Can he be a viable option at Center?

-What’s his experience level at playing on the defensive line?

-Is he being rostered as a depth piece at corner?

One of my more favorite posts in recent memory. One of the most important, yet underrated data points to me is that MN RB’s are hitting contact 0.96 yards after getting the ball, so basically they’re taking a step and getting hit.

Viewing 30 posts - 391 through 420 (of 1,853 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.