2023 Vikings

• CaptainMusky

The Vikings have a tough schedule especially the first 6 or so. THis was definitely one they needed to win.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

OMG…..one game in and you can see the clueless fanbase panic set in.
    I thought the D played well. I also believe KOC got outcoached in the second half especially.
    We’re onto Philly, who gives a shhhh!

Completely correct. I’m not saying this is going to be a great team, but they played one of the best defenses in the league, had absolutely NO running game, O line was brutal, and D did enough against a sub par offense. This coaching staff needs to figure out how to stop this 3rd quarter lull that this team always seems to have. I don’t know why but the play calling seems to get really one dimensional in the 3rd quarter.

CaptainMusky

How fast did Kwesi call that Risner guy who is still left unsigned? He says he wants to play for us.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Could he take the right guard spot so our current one stops creating turnovers?

CaptainMusky

Could he take the right guard spot so our current one stops creating turnovers?

I think he has played mostly left guard, but I am sure he could play right guard because I dont think he would replace our left guard.

stout93
    Becker MN

OMG…..one game in and you can see the clueless fanbase panic set in.
    I thought the D played well. I also believe KOC got outcoached in the second half especially.
    We’re onto Philly, who gives a shhhh!

No, the knowledgeable fanbase realizes there is an obvious lack of talent on the team and is calling that out.

The actual clueless fanbase continues to think last years’ record was a true indicator of what the team is and not an anomaly…

big_g
    Isle, MN

turnovers… clean them up and we win easily. R E L A X…..

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Where’s my lighter?
    I need to burn my lawn chair.
    Vikes will be lucky to go 8 – 9.

I will say however, as much as I’m not a fan of Cousins he is a heman taking all the hits the terrible O line allows.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

The Vikings will be fine. This team is not that different than last years. At times the offense will look like one of the best in the league, and others they will struggle to protect Cousins and the rest will falter. Their defense will be statistically improved by the end of the year compared to last year. Scheme may be different, but Flores still only can compete with the horses he has. This defense is not loaded with talent. Nobody is going Flores’ guys with the Eagles, 49ers, Cowboys, etc on defense.

The schedule has some tough spots, but it is a long season. Even if they fall to the Eagles they get a Chargers team in week 3 who couldn’t stop anyone week 1. The Panthers and Bears both looked terrible too and are on the docket in weeks 4 and 6.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Bears looked like a college team. Couldn’t believe even they were that bad.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I thought the offense and defense played pretty well, and they would have won if they did SOME of the little things right. But they did all the little things wrong, turnovers, penalties, special teams and big downs were all terrible. Those are things that should be cleaned up or improved drastically by Thursday. KOC HAS to stick with the run game, even if they are only getting 2-3 yards you have to keep running it. And they kept running the same outside zone run play the few times they did run. At least they aren’t the Bears or Giants!!! Wooof.

dirtywater

The Vikings will be fine. This team is not that different than last years. At times the offense will look like one of the best in the league, and others they will struggle to protect Cousins and the rest will falter. Their defense will be statistically improved by the end of the year compared to last year. Scheme may be different, but Flores still only can compete with the horses he has. This defense is not loaded with talent. Nobody is going Flores’ guys with the Eagles, 49ers, Cowboys, etc on defense.

The schedule has some tough spots, but it is a long season. Even if they fall to the Eagles they get a Chargers team in week 3 who couldn’t stop anyone week 1. The Panthers and Bears both looked terrible too and are on the docket in weeks 4 and 6.

Define “fine?” If they’re pretty much the same team as last year, regression to the mean tells me the they are going to lose somewhere around half of their one-score games this season and finish with 8 or 9 wins.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Where’s my lighter?
    I need to burn my lawn chair.
    Vikes will be lucky to go 8 – 9.

I will say however, as much as I’m not a fan of Cousins he is a heman taking all the hits the terrible O line allows.

Should have burned that chair with the dock and toon!!!!

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buckybadger wrote:</div>

Define “fine?” If they’re pretty much the same team as last year, regression to the mean tells me the they are going to lose somewhere around half of their one-score games this season and finish with 8 or 9 wins.

“Fine” to me is 9-10 wins and right in the playoff hunt.

No, they’re not probably going to win 13+ games as this year is a much more difficult schedule. I think talent wise they are solid, but one noticeable notch behind some of the top 5-6 teams in the league

Dan
    Southeast MN

I love reading stuff like that Werm. Love to see things much more broken down. So much nonsense gets said all the time by fans based on what they saw during the game, I like reading a true analysis.

I’ll gladly read that every time you post it.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The opening line has the Eagles favored over the Vikings on Thursday by 7.5 points.

The Eagles hung on to beat the Patriots 25-20 on Sunday in Foxboro after they jumped out to an early 16-0 lead.

I wasn’t particularly impressed with the Eagles when I watched some of this game. The Patriots are bad team. They are going to finish last in the AFC East. They do have a stout defense and their ability to contain Hurts is what kept them in the game. I assume Darius Slay is going to be covering Jefferson. He’s one of the top cornerbacks in the league. Someone else may need to step on offense in the passing game.

CaptainMusky

A lot of teams were rusty in the first game because the majority of starters didnt play. I expect a lot better play overall across the league after one week, but Vikings still lose by 20.

stout93
    Becker MN

KAM really hit it out of the park with his first draft class…

2022 draft class offensive and defensive snaps in Sunday’s game:

Lewis Cine (0)
    Andrew Booth (0)
    Ed Ingram (64)
    Brian Asamoah (2)
    Akayleb Evans (62)
    Ty Chandler (11)
    Jalen Nailor (0)
    Nick Muse (0)

stout93
    Becker MN

And I should add…Ingram (set aside his pre draft red flag character issues) is only starting due to necessity..

RG Ed Ingram ranked 73rd out of 77 qualifying guards in PFF’s pass blocking grades Sunday. In 18 career starts, Ingram has allowed 12 sacks and 67 pressures.

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

KAM really hit it out of the park with his first draft class…

2022 draft class offensive and defensive snaps in Sunday’s game:

Lewis Cine (0)
    Andrew Booth (0)
    Ed Ingram (64)
    Brian Asamoah (2)
    Akayleb Evans (62)
    Ty Chandler (11)
    Jalen Nailor (0)
    Nick Muse (0)

Guy had what…2-3 months with the scouts and staff before the draft? I’m not a big fan of that first draft either, and IMO he should have just stayed put and drafted BPA instead of getting cute and trading back. Now, if we start to see trends of these picks in rounds 1-3 not being impact players, then the Wilfs need to right the ship sooner than later, otherwise we will see ourselves with bare cupboards.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Will tonight’s game be broadcast locally on 11, 4 or 9 if a person wanted to watch a few minutes of it?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Will tonight’s game be broadcast locally on 11, 4 or 9 if a person wanted to watch a few minutes of it?

My understanding is that FOX picks up the local TV broadcast. Otherwise its exclusively on amazon prime, which is awful.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>

My understanding is that FOX picks up the local TV broadcast. Otherwise its exclusively on amazon prime, which is awful.

Why do you say it’s awful? I’ve watched most Thursday Night games and have never had an issue, except the very first broadcast.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Why do you say it’s awful? I’ve watched most Thursday Night games and have never had an issue, except the very first broadcast.

Streaming live sports is terrible. Its choppy and it freezes up constantly. I have amazon prime and tried watching it about twice last season. It was so bad I completely gave up. Live TV is far superior.

Its not my connection speed either. I have the fastest speed possible through fiber optic cables.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I think it’s going to be a close game (IF) the Vikings can protect on the interior. If they let the inside of that Eagles front eat, it’s going to be a long night for Cousins. If they sure some things up or even go max protect and get some play action stuff going on early downs…the Eagles are susceptible. At times last week Mac Jones and the Patriots garage sale of receivers were chunking them.

Give me Eagles by 4, in a game that was close the whole way.

Tlazer

NE defense is much better than Minn, so I don’t expect the game to be as close as when the Eagles played NE. I’m thinking Minn will lose by 12 points and be 0-2 to start the season.

stout93
    Becker MN

Wondering why all the Flores guys’ on the board haven’t brought up the news from yesterday about Baker Mayfield figuring out and knowing the defensive signals in the 2nd half of the game on Sunday?

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Wondering why all the Flores guys’ on the board haven’t brought up the news from yesterday about Baker Mayfield figuring out and knowing the defensive signals in the 2nd half of the game on Sunday?

Because Baker scored 10 points in the second half, which would have been 6 points if they didn’t call that lined up in the neutral zone call on the FG (which often gets a warning first at least). If anything it reflects poorly on Baker and their offense.

I’d like to agree with Bucky, but think they are strongest where we are weakest. Vita Vea destroyed our running game, and the Eagles have 3 guys like him in the middle and better DE’s/OLBs. Plus our WR’s excel at slow developing routes, they aren’t big physical guys that get clean get-offs. I think it will be ugly for the purple.

I’ve also never had an issue with Amazon Prime, or streaming sports at all on any platforms. Gim how old is your TV? That maybe what’s giving you an issue.

CaptainMusky

Gim you arent using a Roku by chance are you? If so that is likely your problem. The tv upstairs isnt a smart tv so it has a roku plugged in and it buffers a lot or degraded resolution. Downstairs I have a roku but its only used for Directv stream because I cannot install the app on this brand of tv, but prime, netflix etc are all there and I have only had a buffering issue once.
    Regarding tonights game I believe it is also on Fox9. At least it shows on a graphic that Lori Lees Fisher (who works there) that it is at 7. It shows it on my directv guide as its on there.

Viewing 30 posts - 301 through 330 (of 1,853 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.