2023 Live From The Tree

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

This cold front should be really good hunting. I cant get out tell friday though. I would sit tomorrow morning in a heartbeat if I could.

I will sit for you and I’ll come back with a report. Hopefully the report I’m waiting to give.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’m no expert in the realm of deer hunting but I’d say even without tagging this Wisconsin buck you speak of, you’ve already had a very successful season. waytogo
    [/quote]

Thanks bud. I did have a pretty good start to my year. The last minute Wisconsin plan is now what’s haunting me. If I didn’t get that hair up my hinder I would be able to sit home and relax some.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

I will sit for you and I’ll come back with a report. Hopefully the report I’m waiting to give.

BBD post no doubt!

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

This cold front should be really good hunting. I cant get out tell friday though. I would sit tomorrow morning in a heartbeat if I could.

I love my Mom. But if she wasn’t coming tomorrow for Thanksgiving, I’d be out for the morning for sure. bawling jester
    Ironically it’s the first day in 2 weeks that DeerCast has said “Good” for my area! I’ll be out Friday morning. Gonna be a cold one. Forecast says 9° for now.

deertracker

I’ll be out with the bow in the morning for a few hours. Temp is dropping. waytogo
    DT

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I was able to sneak out for a few hours this morning. I can get away until about 10ish. Then I have to rush home. If today’s the day I sure hope it happens early otherwise the lady might get cranky if I’m out to late.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

I was able to sneak out for a few hours this morning. I can get away until about 10ish. Then I have to rush home. If today’s the day I sure hope it happens early otherwise the lady might get cranky if I’m out to late.

Just tell her to put on the lard and onions because you’re going to gut her a buck.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Didn’t happen this morning. Actually didn’t see any movement. But I did freeze my toes off. Pretty chilly today. That wind has a bite to it. Wore the wrong boots

deertracker

No deer seen this morning. Was hoping to get one more before the Christmas tree farm opens tomorrow and the deer get pushed out.
    DT

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2601-scaled.jpeg

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Only saw one deer this year for 9 days in the woods. It was this guy that ran up behind me and busted me. I know he made it through the season as my neighbor got busted by him on the last day of the season. Maybe next year. Photo is from him going through the food plot 4pm Saturday of the 2nd weekend. We had given up on the plot by that point.

Attachments:
    1. VideoCapture_20231120-123632_resized_resized.jpg

2. Screenshot_20231109_192257_Reveal.jpg

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Mike w. That’s worth busting out the muzzleloader.

Michael Best

Didn’t happen this morning. Actually didn’t see any movement. But I did freeze my toes off. Pretty chilly today. That wind has a bite to it. Wore the wrong boots

I went to my oxbow spot on public and didn’t see a deer.
    You are not kidding on the wind. Glad I took my fanatic jacket. That things blocks the wind great.
    The artic shield boot blankets are the best $50 investment I have ever made to keep my feet warm. I don’t even wear insulated boots with them.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

My brother showed me those yesterday and said the same thing. He wears lite hiking boots all late season. I’ll be looking in to them.

On another note this guy just showed up on the mn farm I hunt. Left my camera for inventory and see who shows up. I told my buddy to go sit in my stand today with his bow and he decided to sleep in.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20231124_060156_Reveal.jpg

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Send me the onx pin!

Ben K.

Along the line of the boot blankets, I bought electric socks a few years ago and have loved them. I hunt all temps on low setting in my uninsulated hunting boots. It looks like a bunch of brands are on Black Friday sale on Amazon. I’m sure they are mostly similar, but I bought Snow Deer.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Ended up in the tree i shot that buck in a couple years ago. Still good acorns on the ground and decent sign. Guys scouting for muzzleloader blew up the spot i wanted to be in tonight.

Pailofperch

Ended up in the tree i shot that buck in a couple years ago. Still good acorns on the ground and decent sign. Guys scouting for muzzleloader blew up the spot i wanted to be in tonight.

I actually saw a guy walking out to a box blind wearing full orange with a gun slung over his shoulder! Like, I suddenly wondered if I overslept an entire day! I had to look it up on my phone and double check that I was right. I was 5 miles past him by that point. I thought about turning around to tell him, but his box was 500 or so yards of the road. And he’d of been up in it by then.

Pailofperch

I didn’t get out this morning like I was planning. Overslept by a lot. Then decided to make the family breakfast instead of heading out late. Came out for the evening hunt then. Been sitting for almost an hour and the elephant squirrels are ravenous!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I left work at 1. I just got settled in the tree. I’ve been out in a jlg lift all day. I sat in the tree and have been day dreaming of my couch ever since. I didn’t want to regret not sitting this evening

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Only saw a pile of turkeys. I couldnt believe how many guys kept circling in their trucks. I bet i saw the same four trucks Three times.

Pailofperch

I had a 3 year old 8 point come by right about sunset. Then a pile of does n fawns moved in with about 10 minutes to go. They were all browsing, digging, and eating acorns. Finally about 45 minutes after shooting time, I threw my pop bottle at the closest one. Then tossed my tree pruners. Then made a few crude owl calls and finally got them all to move out. Kinda fun but frustrating when you’re swarmed in after dark but you don’t want to get busted in the tree and clear out the woods!

Hoping to go back out in the morning.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Not many guys out. Im in fairly deep on an oak ridge that meets swamp bedding. I will for sure find out who my real friends are if I arrow one. Sign is good i have a really good deer trail 15 yards down wind of me.

hillhiker
    SE MN

Took the muzzle loader out this afternoon to extend my range a bit. It definitely feels like the deer should be on their feet tonight!

Attachments:
    1. 20231125_145730-scaled.jpg

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Out with the muzzy too, sitting on the ground over an alfalfa field . I agree hillhiker, seems like it should be a good evening.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Apparently what you think should happen doesn’t always happen, I saw nothing!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Apparently what you think should happen doesn’t always happen, I saw nothing!

I didn’t see much. Heard 1 shot somewhere within a couple hundred yards of me. But no other vehicles in the lot

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

I saw four. Right area wrong tree doah

deertracker

Plan was to go out with the muzzy this morning. Ended up getting called into work last night and worked 22 of the last 24 hours. doah
    DT

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Seen my target buck this morning. He came by at 610 so 40 some minutes early. He never sensed me at all. But our timing was off

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Mike w. That’s worth busting out the muzzleloader.

I would if my tag wasn’t filled already.

Viewing 30 posts - 391 through 420 (of 551 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.