2023/2024 NHL/WILD Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• JoeMX1825
    MN

Hartman moved to the 4th line with the Dewey’s…

Freddy must have pictures on every coach in the NHL…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Jesper Wallstedt stopped 83 of 86 (.965 SV%) shots in wins on back to back nights at Colorado this weekend.

I think its safe to bet the farm on this kid! How cool would it be if we had an elite goalie for the next decade +

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

Boldy is gonna have more PIM this year than Hartman did last year. Yikes

basseyes

More Faber on the pp please

basseyes

33 needs to go away, he’s just awful

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

Connor who???

lol I heard that too. Hopefully doesn’t come back to haunt us.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Spurgeon looks to be done for the season… will the Wild spend his LTIR?

Wtf!! He’s back on the bench? Wow, it looked terrible like he blew out his CL’s

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The Blackhawks are terrible. hah

AK Guy

Chicago isn’t that good. Whoops, beat me to it Gimruis.

JoeMX1825
    MN

We’ll see if Spurgeon’s knee/leg tightens up during the period break and they take him out already up 3-0…

I can’t believe he didn’t get hurt

Ripjiggen

Small frame more flexible. whistling

JoeMX1825
    MN

So lets say Faber keeps playing this way the rest of the season, what do you think GMBG does in terms of locking him up long term? He still has 1 year left on his ELC but we’ve seen other young stud defenseman in the league locked up early to perhaps get a slight AAV break….

GMBG seriously needs to plan for Faber making $6-$8 million in 2 years…

basseyes

Faber is so fun to watch. His hockey iq seems way to developed too be a rookie.

basseyes

Good win against a bad team. Chicago is just terrible.

Ripjiggen

So lets say Faber keeps playing this way the rest of the season, what do you think GMBG does in terms of locking him up long term? He still has 1 year left on his ELC but we’ve seen other young stud defenseman in the league locked up early to perhaps get a slight AAV break….

That’s the problem the Wild have always had. There D core has always been paid higher than most. Most teams pay there top 2 and then it falls off. Wild have always paid 3 to 4.
    Agree they are going to have to lock him up.

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

That’s the problem the Wild have always had. There D core has always been paid higher than most. Most teams pay there top 2 and then it falls off. Wild have always paid 3 to 4.
    Agree they are going to have to lock him up.

agreed, they have a chance to reset that a bit when Spurgeon and Brodin come off in 4/5 years as Faber is likely the only young Wild defender worthy of a long term deal…. We just need Brock to take off offensively AFTER he signs as that’s what is going to determine if his future AAV is $5+ or $8+ )

Ripjiggen

Hard for me to think about a team 5 years from now.

tswoboda

You sign Faber as soon as you can for as long as you can. Same for Rossi.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Hard for me to think about a team 5 years from now.

i’m just saying Spurgeon and Brodin are locked in with NMC’s until then and after that I only see Faber with a big contract on our D unless they go the FA route…

Lambos is our best D prospect, but hasn’t shown any signs yet of being elite, I suppose they could use their next few 1st rounders replenishing the top D prospect pool and they would likely be ready when Spurg and Brodin are done..

JoeMX1825
    MN

Riley Heidt’s WHL stats sofar this season:
    26 games played
    14 Goals
    39 Assists
    53 Points

granted alot of his points are on the Powerplay, but is that good???? )

I sure hope he gets a solid look for Team Canada’s WJC team…he’s the hottest scoring player in Major Junior Hockey right now in Canada…

CaptainMusky

Heidt is looking like a steal of a draft pick.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Heidt is looking like a steal of a draft pick.

To me he looks identical to #13 pick Zack Benson who Buffalo took, who alot of scouts said was one of the top skilled players in the draft, but his size dropped him down a bit… to get Heidt with the last pick of the 2nd round is absolutelty a steal by Judd

Thx Buffalo for taking Jordan Greenway and ultimately getting us Heidt!

CaptainMusky

Just saw someone the other day who was obviously a Canucks fan saying that Judd has “only one drafted player in the NHL for MN”. Should someone tell him?

tswoboda

Just saw someone the other day who was obviously a Canucks fan saying that Judd has “only one drafted player in the NHL for MN”. Should someone tell him?

But is he wrong? Technically yes since Daemon Hunt had his cup of coffee.

Ha I saw the same post and that guy was just a Benning fanboi. Benning and Brackett had that infamous power struggle falling out so there’s people in Vancouver who irrationally hate Judd Brackett. What I don’t get is how they can hate the guy who drafted them Quinn Hughes and Elias Petterson?!?!

I said I was tempering my Brackett hype until one of his picks scored a goal. Now I’m back on the Brackett/Rossi bandwagon and currently looking up what the Rossi bonuses are going to cost. Unless he gets injured he’ll for sure get $425k, my guess is he gets $637k, and there’s a real chance he gets the full $850k. Great problem to have!

CaptainMusky

Technically no, he isnt wrong, but when you have nearly a consensus top 3 prospect pool that deserves some recognition especially considering they were near the bottom a mere 4 of 5 years ago. I know, I know they havent proven anything yet, but dang Wallstedt is standing on his head right now. Rossi is kicking ass, Heidt is on fire and that is not to mention the guys over in Europe.

JoeMX1825
    MN

well, he’s technically correct as it’s just Rossi right now with Hunt getting some injury callups, but he’s only been drafting for 4 years and one of those development years was the lost No Season Covid year…Next season is the full start of the Judd Bracket era for the Wild…

JoeMX1825
    MN

There’s 2 things about Heidt’s current run that temper my hype a bit is that a majority of his points are coming on the Powerplay (He has the leading goal scorer in the WHL on his line and his team has 4 of the top 7 scorers in the league) and Adam Beckman scored 80 goals over 2 seasons in the WHL, so its a high scoring league….

tswoboda

The Athletic did their Awards Watch article today. These lists are 100% analytics and based solely on the numbers. I’m pretty sure there’s going to be some new analytics fans in Minnesota coffee

Connor who? jester

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot-2023-12-04-101042.jpg

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Riley Heidt’s WHL stats sofar this season:
    26 games played
    14 Goals
    39 Assists
    53 Points
    granted alot of his points are on the Powerplay, but is that good????

Totally agree, Heidt is looking like a tremendous pick.

You’re right, too. I also love it when people use the “But most of his goals/points come on the power play,”. As if that adds some kind of * that their numbers aren’t really real.

This is freaking MN for heaven’s sake. If ever there was a team that would love even a player who ONLY scored on the power play…

Viewing 30 posts - 1,921 through 1,950 (of 5,782 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.