2023/2024 NHL/WILD Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Boldy literally roofed that one. Like into the rafters. jester

JoeMX1825
    MN

Can’t wait the hear the energetic & enthusiastic pumping his chest interview Dewar will give after the game and his hat trick/4 point night…

I doubt he even cracks a smile…

tswoboda

Are coaches allowed to put money on the board? This looks like a game where the fresh new coach maybe put up a healthy sum hoping to shove it up his old team’s rear end

Dewar is a mutant. Zero emotion, no eye contact allowed

Ripjiggen

Is this a short-term bounce? It’s crazy to me that the team can look THIS different with a coaching change.

It happens with just about every coaching change in the NHL.

CaptainMusky

Dewey2 having himself a night I love it!

JoeMX1825
    MN

Will be interesting to see what Hynes does next game with Hartman back, does Freddy center the 4th line?

It might be time to give Jojo a game in the pressbox, put Freddy there for a try…

basseyes

Don’t think the team quit on Dean or he lost his voice in the locker room. Dean just couldn’t adjust or make small changes. Don’t hate Dean and he was entertaining. He just dial in little things. Some of the simple changes like exiting the d zone and being quicker with the puck is definitely different. The PK is definitely less passive and it’s worked. Time will tell if the team can keep it up. Dean looked like an angry, twitchy deer in the headlights more and more. He started looking a little past nuts-O.

NHL reffing is a weird beast. Pretty bad when you see calls missed for the other team and are like, ahh, yeah, that’s a penalty on us and no call. Wish they’d just call the game.

Ripjiggen

2 mediocre teams they beat and the puck started going in a bit.
    The history is there for when teams change coaches. They always play better for a bit. Remember when Bruce took over Vancouver last year he was going to be king of Vancouver.
    St Louis was dead last when Yeo got the can and Berube won a cub with the same club.
    The Wild are probably somewhere in between the 2.

JoeMX1825
    MN

2 mediocre teams they beat and the puck started going in a bit.
    The history is there for when teams change coaches. They always play better for a bit. Remember when Bruce took over Vancouver last year he was going to be king of Vancouver.
    St Louis was dead last when Yeo got the can and Berube won a cub with the same club.
    The Wild are probably somewhere in between the 2.

maybe not 2 of the best teams for the season sofar, but didn’t they have 4 & 6 game winning streaks going into their games with the Wild? There are two main differences I’ve seen in the last 2 games,
    1 – The Wild are now getting puck luck, how many posts have been hit by the Blues and Preds? 5-6? There’s also been some goal saving blocked shots by Wild D.
    2- The PK hasnt given up any goals, but the Blues and Preds have bad & average Powerplays…

So I wouldn’t put much stock in Hynes doing anything really different (other than playing Brodin & Faber more with the Rossi line) a big part of it is the schedule and the team finally has a little confidence right now helped by puckluck.

Next they get a terrible Blackhawks team with baby jesus forced to be all of the offense now that Hall is out for the season, so another good chance to beat up on a weak team and get more confidence..

CaptainMusky

Theyre saying KK could get suspended for that hit last night. I saw him take a penalty but Bally never showed the replay so I wasnt sure what he even did. Saw a replay this morning and the guy had his head down and he hit him with his shoulder. What was the penalty called?

Ripjiggen

Yeah kind of forgot about that hit thought KK was going to have to drop the gloves.

CaptainMusky

I saw the guy go down live and heard the fans gasp and that Preds player go after KK, but fricken Bally didnt show the replay. I know I am a homer but I didnt see that hit as dirty when I saw it this morning.

tswoboda

I saw the guy go down live and heard the fans gasp and that Preds player go after KK, but fricken Bally didnt show the replay. I know I am a homer but I didnt see that hit as dirty when I saw it this morning.

Same reaction here… saw it live like oh was that bad? And then the Lapanta/Carter never said a word about it so I assumed it was nothing. Bally swept it under the rug on the Wild broadcast.

I saw a clip of the Preds intermission show ripping it apart, and I can’t say they’re wrong. They showed the replay a few times and it sure looks like the kind of side swipe direct head shot that usually gets suspended. Haven’t watched it a lot so maybe he caught some shoulder too but my initial reaction is not a good one.

It’s probably ok if he misses a couple games since they have Hartman coming back to fill his production. Oh and this guy too rotflol

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot-2023-12-01-085457.jpg

CaptainMusky

THe thing for me is he didnt raise his elbow or anything and they guy had his head down. Russo seems to think nothing will come of it maybe a fine because there wasnt a hearing announced.

basseyes

There’s so many plays like that you don’t see a replay on, really pisses me off.

CaptainMusky

I still cant get over KK’s slashing penalty. That was the most ridiculous penalty I have ever seen.

tswoboda

Lapanata as they go to a break: “2 minutes for playing defense” jester

It was so bad, a 1 handed stick lift that got all stick and coming from underneath. All the ref saw was a broken stick and a 5-1 game

CaptainMusky

That was a hilarious call by LaPanta!

JoeMX1825
    MN

That had to be a career high PM game for Kirill last night…I just hope they put Goose out to pasture from now on…he was bad bad bad…

JoeMX1825
    MN

yeah, it was a strange game…there were a couple of times I thought he looked like the drunk player in Slapshot…he too probably would have pissed himself had he got checked…it was very concerning…

JoeMX1825
    MN

listening to the latest Russo/Smith podcast and Russo mentioned that the agents for Yurov & Khusnutdinov aren’t going to want them to come over to the Wild next year for only 4th line roster spots when they could stay in the KHL and play top6…well, one way to open up a top 6 spot would be to buyout the last year of Marcus Johansson. It would cost the Wild $666k the next two seasons, but Yurov and Khusnutdinov will be making ELC money anyways…

After that it gets tough as our top 6 is pretty set…Maybe Marat K could center the 3rd line with Hartman and Foligno as wings?

I’m not saying I agree with the ultimatum for signing them, but it’s a card the Russians can play if they want to…

Baring guys lifting their NMCs to get traded (not likely) our roster next season is already pretty set: (I think GMBG wants to sign Dewar long term at a low aav)

Kaprizov – Rossi – Zuccy
    Boldy – Ek – Johansson/Yurov?
    Foligno – Khusnutdinov/Gaudreau – Hartman
    Dewar? – Gaudreau/Khusnutdinov – Beckman/Walker

Faber – Brodin
    Spurgeon – Middleton
    Hunt – Merril?

CaptainMusky

JoJo hasnt looked as good this year as he did the last half last year I say go for it if that is what it takes.

CaptainMusky

I really loved this interview. Jim Rich did a great job. I will miss Dean…

Ripjiggen

Seems weird that so many outlets are interviewing a coach that got fired. Russo ok understand but channel 9. Can’t recall them interviewing Mike Zimmer or any other coach that has been fired.

tswoboda

I doubt many coaches are willing to be interviewed on local outlets a day or 2 after getting fired. I remember Bruce saying he hid in his house for a few weeks

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I liked Dean too. Never did care for Bruce, as a coach.

Viewing 30 posts - 1,891 through 1,920 (of 5,782 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.