2023/2024 NHL/WILD Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• Ripjiggen

BG with the shoutout to Tootsies sweating was pretty funny.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Just feels like we solidified our 3rd line center/wing slot in 3 years… not the goal post you want for a 1st round pick….

tswoboda

Live look at Joe

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20230628_210020_Twitter.jpg

Ripjiggen

Ok that made me literally spit out my beer on my garage floor.

JoeMX1825
    MN

More like

Attachments:
    1. IMG_5820.gif

Ripjiggen

Just feels like we solidified our 3rd line center/wing slot in 3 years… not the goal post you want for a 1st round pick….

So replacing Freddie Hockey when he becomes a UFA in 5 years.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2383.jpeg

JoeMX1825
    MN

Love love love all the praise the guys we didnt pick are getting… and then pro Wild twitter accounts are posting video clips of Stramel getting accidental 2nd assists against Alaska Fairbanks…

CaptainMusky

Joe you are wound too tight. Some of these kids take a bit of time. He has size which we need so I’m all for it plus he’s one of us so that should around to something.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Joe you are wound too tight. Some of these kids take a bit of time. He has size which we need so I’m all for it plus he’s one of us so that should around to something.

lol

tswoboda

Honestly if Joe can’t find a reason to be positive patsy about this kid the night he’s drafted then I’m pretty much throwing in the towel on him. Maybe we can use him to trade up into the top 10 next year

JoeMX1825
    MN

Honestly if Joe can’t find a reason to be positive patsy about this kid the night he’s drafted then I’m pretty much throwing in the towel on him. Maybe we can use him to trade up into the top 10 next year

waiting for you to produce his advanced stats from his Rosemount Peewee years…

Ripjiggen

Stramel: “No better feeling than being picked to the hometown team.” whistling

Loved how one of the ESPN guys can’t remember which one. “Talked to BG and he said the team is too vanilla and needs some flare”
    Pic announced.
    7 second silence.

In all seriousness we all scream about center depth.
    Joe screams about height and faceoff percentage.
    57% at World Juniors. jester

Check check check…

We should be ecstatic.

tswoboda

waiting for you to produce his advanced stats from his Rosemount Peewee years…

Excel locked up on me – even Microsoft doesn’t like this kid jester

tswoboda

In all seriousness we all scream about center depth.
    Joe screams about height and faceoff percentage.
    57% at World Juniors.

Check check check…

We should be ecstatic.

Ha and don’t forget #oneofus he pretty much checks every box.

Honestly I’m just fanning the flames here, he could turn out to be a stud in a few years

JoeMX1825
    MN

Don’t hate the player at all, just think we took him way to early…. He was a young freshman on a terrible Badger team, hopefully Mike Hastings can develop the skill to match the frame…

Also a bit worrisome how every other Central team drafted well… especially the Friggin Avs…

Ripjiggen

Here you go Joe.
    He killed it in Bantams.
    Bedard like stats.
    Unfortunately he has not scored 10 goals in a season since.
    I like his PIM in Bantams. He probably has some GRIT to his game.

In all honesty I’m flaming flames as well. Who knows with NHL picks in the draft picked where he was.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2388.jpeg

Ripjiggen

With the amount of picks they have had in 1st and 2nd round since BG has been here. It would probably be unlucky to not hit on 1 or 2.
    Obviously he is either going to be a genius.
    Get unlucky, or move the wrong prospects the next two years and KK leaves.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Russo hints that Stramel has had alot of “stuff” to deal with the last few years and he will write about it soon. Says Judd Bracket felt it affected his freshman year performance and the sky’s the limit now moving forward for him..

tswoboda

4 Russians taken in the 1st round but 5 teams were allegedly so concerned about the Russian factor that they needed to pass on Michkov. Coward GMs – no surprise the team to take him has new management that knows they have a few years before being on the hot seat.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I read that last night was the first draft in 16 years with ZERO trades in the 1st round. I sure hope details come out on what was offered and turned down. Some picks made ZERO sense on who was taken where and why that team didn’t trade back a bit and acquire additional assets… The 2 obvious teams are Arizona and the Wild. Washington had to call Arizona about leapfrogging Philly to take Michkov…. Simashev would absolutely still be there at #8, same with the Wild taking Stramel at #21, he for sure would have been available 6-8 picks later…

tswoboda

I’m tellin ya the GMs spent too much time at Tootsies Tuesday night and just said F-it draft from the list… too hungover for trade shenanigans.

Feels like this is pretty much the concensus on the Stramel pick.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20230629_074435_The-Athletic.jpg

JoeMX1825
    MN

it will be interesting to see if Duhaime or Addison get traded today, rumors are that the Wild are asking for 2nd round picks…from the looks of it, there’s about 10-15 players ranked a level above the rest, will the Wild move up or wait again?

JoeMX1825
    MN

I’m tellin ya the GMs spent too much time at Tootsies Tuesday night and just said F-it draft from the list… too hungover for trade shenanigans.

yeah, very strange indeed, especially the Arizona pick at #6, boggles the mind why they wouldn’t just trade to #8 and get free picks (but they do have like 12 1st & 2nd round picks the next 2 drafts, so maybe not worth the risk of losing their guy?)

Gitchi Gummi

Stramel: “No better feeling than being picked to the hometown team.”

I swear Minnesota teams put extra value on hometown kids. I like the idea of it but not sure that has worked out in our interest in the past (we are still paying for those Parise and Suter contracts).

Totally agree with you tho Rip, this team needs two things bad: centers and size. He checks both boxes. Fingers crossed he works out.

After checking his eliteprospects page, wow. Not a lot of stats that catch the eye besides that one year in bantams. Sure he was on the NTDP but didn’t do much there. He barely cracked the top 10 in points on the very mediocre Badgers team last year. Oofda, don’t love that for a first round pick but you have to remember this guy is only 18. Lots of development to come (I hope).

tswoboda

I was going to rip on MN #oneofus fans for being all in on Oliver Moore because he’s the hometown kid. But the opposite reaction when they still drafted #oneofus shows I was a little off base on that take. Gotta remember the 2 guys running the draft table are both from out east so not sure why they’d have a MN hometown bias. If anything they’ve shown a strong bias to the WHL since BG, DE, and JB have been here. Not sure if the Wild have more local scouts in MN than other teams but they likely get more viewings and exposure to kids playing locally.

I like Duhaime in his role but don’t really understand how he gets more than $1m AAV or commands anything in a trade. He’s a fun player to watch skate but he also has 27 points in almost 2 full seasons, averaging 17 points/82 games. Yeah he’s not there for his points but he’s also not a penalty killer (shouldn’t be anyway) and sure he’s physical and fights but not a big intimidating presence by any means.

I hope they don’t trade Addison for a 2nd straight up, he has more value than that IMO.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Duhaime’s injury history worries me, dude’s melon has been rocked the past 2 years and he’s missed a ton of games…He’s a great skater though with a flare of offense every now & then and finishes his checks…he’s a perfect 4th line guy with the ability to fill in on the 3rd line if needed, his salary should be $1.5-1.25ish and only signed for a few years to see if he shakes the injury bug that’s plagued him recently…

JoeMX1825
    MN

If Stramel turns into a Jordan Greenway with a full time attitude and a motor that never quits (I guess those are his main attributes) then i’ll be more than happy with the pick, you just don’t typically draft those guys in the 1st round, especially with a kid who broke Austin Mathews UNDP scoring record still available…

Ripjiggen

You mean middle aged mid line guys that are a dime a dozen?

I am in wait and see mode with this regimes drafting. Until they actually have 1 play in the NHL it’s hard to say if they do well or not.

Maybe BG just left Tootsie’s and spilled beer on the first round talent sheet and could only read the players that were in page 2.

Imagine being the hometown draft kid that every fan is like nooo.

JoeMX1825
    MN

My guess is that Reavo takes whatever the Leafs offer him on Saturday, he’ll love the big media stage in Toronto…

Viewing 30 posts - 91 through 120 (of 5,782 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.