2023/2024 NHL/WILD Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>
    sad sad day for Hockey fans…. CapFriendly has officially closed down to the public…

That’s a huge bummer… I really enjoyed using that site.

So what actually happened?

The Washington Capitals bought them and are keeping the site for in-house use only…

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

That’s what I read on here. Just curious what they will gain from it? You’d think they already have a spreadsheet with all the info? Maybe, maybe not. Either way it sucks. We spend a fair amount of time looking things up on there here at work.

Are there any comparable sites out there?

CaptainMusky

There are some others that are gaining traction, but I havent used them.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Puckpedia is probably the site that will take over for capfriendly, they need to make a few more data points visible as part of their main interface though imo..

JoeMX1825
    MN

Here’s a projected lineup as of today 7/10

Sounds like Heinz wants Zuccy reunited with Kirill and Jojo will be given the chance on the 2nd line at camp start …Freddy on the 4th line is a huge WTF…I could see Ohgren pushing Jojo out early on…then wtf do they do with Jojo other than bury him in Iowa? That 3rd line could be the new GREEF line….I don’t see how Heidt stays with the Wild after 9 games…

Kaprizov – Ek – Zuccy
    Johannson – Rossi – Boldy
    Foligno – Trenin – Hartman
    Ohgren – Khusnutdinov – Gaudreau

Faber – Brodin
    Spurgeon – Middleton
    Chisholm – Bogosian

GusBus – Flower – Wallstedt (spot starts throughout the year)

Lauko and Merrill are the pressbox backups…

JoeMX1825
    MN

This continued MN PWHL Team drama/firings is just ridiculous…if the rumors are true about certain players building alliances with Management and making demands and pushing agenda’s, that’s just unreal… who the F do they think they are? this is a fledgling league in year 1 for god sakes…

KP
    Hudson, WI

Freddy on the 4th line is a huge WTF

Care to share your thoughts on it? I’m not the greatest hockey mind as most of you but from last year I’d say he deserves to be on the 4th line? Or would you rather have someone with more grit on the 4th instead of him?

BigWerm
    SW Metro

This continued MN PWHL Team drama/firings is just ridiculous…if the rumors are true about certain players building alliances with Management and making demands and pushing agenda’s, that’s just unreal… who the F do they think they are? this is a fledgling league in year 1 for god sakes…

Any non-paywalled stories you can share?

CaptainMusky

Definitely want size and grit on the 4th line. Freddy has neither.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Freddy on the 4th line is a huge WTF

Care to share your thoughts on it? I’m not the greatest hockey mind as most of you but from last year I’d say he deserves to be on the 4th line? Or would you rather have someone with more grit on the 4th instead of him?

The 4th line in the NHL is “typically” used for the high energy guys that get 6-8 minutes a game to impact the game any way they can with physical & gritty play, finishing ALL checks, etc… Think of Mason Shaw, Brandon Duhaime, Connor Dewar in terms of recent Wild players fitting that role… none of that describes Freddy’s game…he’s as soft as a fluffy pillow… Typically the 4th line is made up of guys on minimal contracts as the threat of getting sent back to the minors is the carrot keeping them going balls to the wall every shift… of course there are examples of other teams using their 4th lines differently, but the gritty/physical/high energy guys typically fit the mold…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Any non-paywalled stories you can share?

not off the top of my head, Kendal Coyne has been in the middle of most of them…they just fired 3 more coaches today that were in the pro Darwitz camp…Jess Myers had a story out today that opens on my twitter…

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Jess Myers had a story out today that opens on my twitter…

That one works, thanks!

CaptainMusky

Yeah, Coyne sounds like to be in the middle of all of this. There are only 6 teams so these players need to realize that they are guaranteed nothing.

JoeMX1825
    MN

There are only 6 teams so these players need to realize that they are guaranteed nothing.

That’s the part I don’t get…in the grand scheme of things who the F is Kendal Coyne to the PHL? How does she have all of this supposed pull with the team? I get she has US National Team credibility, but the few games I watched, she was getting tossed off the puck all over the ice… she just has speed…

CaptainMusky

The only fame she had was when she was at the NHL All Star game and turned heads with how fast she was. She hated Darwitz because she wanted to trade her but wasnt able to.

Ripjiggen

Line up prediction in July love it.
    Where else would you put Freddy Hockey?
    Dewar wasn’t exactly a smashmouth type of player at a whopping 5’10” 180

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Definitely want size and grit on the 4th line. Freddy has neither.

LOL sounds like a great fit then huh

CaptainMusky

Dewar wasn’t exactly a smashmouth type of player at a whopping 5’10” 180

He was gritty though which Freddy is certainly not.

Ripjiggen

You guys and your “GRIT”.

JoeMX1825
    MN

We would all LOVE to hear your take on what the qualities of an NHL 4th line looks like…. or do you just go by the player’s EA Sports NHL video game rating for lines 1-4?

and I just used Dewar, Shaw and Duhaime as recent Wild examples of 4th line players…Outside of Duhaime, I don’t think even you would say the Wild had optimal 4th liners….

JoeMX1825
    MN

Line up prediction in July love it.

for a team with no capspace, locked in veterans and a few ELC’s with any NHL experience, its pretty easy to pencil a Wild lineup in right now…hell you’d be 90% right doing it the day after last season ended…

JoeMX1825
    MN

He doesn’t fit anywhere on this current roster and future years look even worse with prospects coming…

Billy will need to check his ego and admit the mistake and pay some team to take him…likely going to cost us a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick and some salary retention with that much term left…maybe Vegas would take him as a cheap roster player with all of their cap issues..

The problem is would other teams see his game as a 3rd or 4th liner? not likely…The days of dumping bad contracts in Arizona or Anahiem are over, those teams are nearing the end of their rebuilds and will have hefty 2nd contracts to pay out to their studs soon…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Ryan Suter to the Blues for 1 year $775k, dude is just cashing checks

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>

He doesn’t fit anywhere on this current roster and future years look even worse with prospects coming…

I was wondering if that was where you were going.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Ryan Suter to the Blues for 1 year $775k, dude is just cashing checks

Lol yep currently being paid by 3 teams. hah

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>

We would all LOVE to hear your take on what the qualities of an NHL 4th line looks like…. or do you just go by the player’s EA Sports NHL video game rating for lines 1-4?

and I just used Dewar, Shaw and Duhaime as recent Wild examples of 4th line players…Outside of Duhaime, I don’t think even you would say the Wild had optimal 4th liners….

Play your position kill penalties could care less if you have GRIT. How has that worked out for them the last handful of years? The playing with Grit on 4th line is so overrated…
    So BG made a huge mistake signing him.? No not the all all mighty BG and his GRIT personality….
    You make it sound like our 4th line was the best in league. Maroon, Reavo, D-Lo really moved the needle.
    Not saying Freddy is great but the all mighty BG and his GRIT signed him so now what?

Someone obviously fell in love with him just like you fall in love with every can’t miss 2nd and 3rd round Judd and BG pick…

Ripjiggen

Lol yep currently being paid by 3 teams. hah

Dude is a good to great hockey player is why he is cashing checks. Would you take him as your 7th D over John Merril for half the price?

Ripjiggen

Thought all of our prospects were can’t miss top six guys?

Viewing 30 posts - 5,731 through 5,760 (of 5,782 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.