2023/2024 NHL/WILD Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• JoeMX1825
    MN

Net loss of 1st 3rd 5th and a prospect for like 1 season of healthy scratching him in the playoffs

ouch, a rare mistake by Briesbois

JoeMX1825
    MN

Does drafting Buium make GMBG rethink extending Middleton for 4 years? how does it not? You aren’t going to pay him $4aav to play 3rd pair…

Keep him this season and then flip him at the deadline (he should get a good return)

Ice Cap

But yet the majority of the players would most likely want to go there. Of all the no trade lists I doubt Vegas is on very many if any of them.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Wild taking kids who were projected to go MUCH higher in this draft but for whatever reason are falling..

The 4th rounder is a Finnish Spurgeon clone (he’s small) but many scouts expected to be a late 1st rounder or 2nd rounder at the worst (elite prospects had him ranked 19th overall) he tore his ACL and missed most of this past season, Wild took him 122nd overall)…we drafted another Finnish defenseman (6’2″) and a goalie in the 5th round…

3 defenseman drafted with their first 4 picks this draft…

JoeMX1825
    MN

I didn’t expect Alexander Holtz to be just a thrown in player in a small trade… That kid was electric playing with Lucas Raymond in junior…I still think he can be a good player…Devils messed his development up, lets see what Vegas can do with him…

tswoboda

Lauko is who you hope 4th rounders turn into. Fan favorite in Boston last year

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Does drafting Buium make GMBG rethink extending Middleton for 4 years?

No, the idea of extending Middleton for 4 years should make GMBG rethink extending Middleton for 4 years. Another too-long extension on an aging, middle lineup player. Middleton will be 33 at the end of this 4 year extension and would be a third pairing defenseman at best. Won’t the wild have better and cheaper 3rd pair options with all these defenseman we’ve drafted in the last 3 years?

Vinnie #oneofus for Lauko. Poor Louie.

CaptainMusky

Laine? Hmmm I don’t particularly care for him but he can definitely score. Bad situation in Columbus I’d love to think he’d be better off here with someone like Rossi but who knows he might be traded. Gus has to be on the move I’d think.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I’d only want Liane IF Columbus retains 50%, lots of risk with him…

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I’d only want Liane IF Columbus retains 50%, lots of risk with him…

Yeah I’d be wary of him too. In the PLD/Laine trade, one commentator described it as a swapping attitude trade.

CaptainMusky

Stamkos to Vegas?! Get outta here? That is a floating rumor now. Lots of praise coming in for the WIld’s draft again this year. Lets hope they pan out we need guys to elevate soon. The later round D man is sure physical. Probably wont sniff the NHL though is my guess.

CaptainMusky

Well it didn’t happen in Vegas but Stammer to predators.

JoeMX1825
    MN

So we paid $3.5 x 4 years for a bottom 6 guy when we have a boatload of prospects ready to play this or next year? Wtf?

CaptainMusky

Yeah that seems like a lot. You’re talking Trenin right?

JoeMX1825
    MN

Yeah that seems like a lot. You’re talking Trenin right?

yes… where are Ohgren and Khusnidhinov going to play?

CaptainMusky

Middle six? LOL there are some perplexing moves for sure I have to believe someone is on the way out.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Middle six? LOL there are some perplexing moves for sure I have to believe someone is on the way out.

How? It seems like Billy Gee Wiz handed out ntc/nmc to the whole team. Unless somebody decides they want out.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Fan favorite Ryan Suter was bought out by Dallas. Dude just keeps collecting money from every team even after he’s gone lol

Dallas Stars General Manager Jim Nill announced today that the club has bought out the final year of defenseman Ryan Suter’s contract. As per the terms of the buyout, two-thirds of his salary will be spread out over the next two seasons with a salary cap hit of $783,334 in 2024-25 and $1,433,334 in 2025-26.

JoeMX1825
    MN

It just crazy the contracts handed out in Free Agency…why any pending UFA wouldn’t wait for July 1st is crazy…. Teams just spending money like its on fire…

JoeMX1825
    MN

I wonder if they are rethinking the Middleton extension (with Buium drafted) and might include him in a deal for a 2nd line wing option (like Liane) otherwise why haven’t they announced it yet?

Ice Cap

Middleton 4X4.35 with limited no trade. I guess Billy likes him a lot.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Middleton 4X4.35 with limited no trade. I guess Billy likes him a lot.

Based on what UFA’s were getting paid today, $4.35 isnt that bad for a guy who can play top4 minutes and its hard to believe he’s only 28 years old. I think his extension is more of an insurance policy for Spurgeon’s injury history, Middleton is the type of player that can be traded at anytime, Buium will push him out of the top 4 if Spurgeon comes back to normal and that’s when he’ll get dealt…

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Middleton 4X4.35 with limited no trade.

Does anyone know the details of the NTC?

Have some kind of a no-trade clause just become completely common for middle lineup players? It just seems like every player we sign now gets a no trade clause of some kind.

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ice Cap wrote:</div>
    Middleton 4X4.35 with limited no trade.

Does anyone know the details of the NTC?

Have some kind of a no-trade clause just become completely common for middle lineup players? It just seems like every player we sign now gets a no trade clause of some kind.

details haven’t been released yet, to answer your question, Yes, middle lineup players typically get limited ntc’s (they submit 10-15 teams they won’t allow a trade to on a yearly basis) top of the lineup players & veterans on cheaper 1-2 year deals typically get NMC’s. Young stars typically get a NTC/NMC on the backend years of their 6-8 year extensions because the odds of trading them in the early years of a deal are very low (like Boldy)

Its really the only negotiating item for a player, they’ll accept a lower aav contract, but they’ll want a NTC/NMC (like Marcus Johansson)

KP
    Hudson, WI

What is the projection of how much the cap space will go up in the NHL? Is
    Billy banking on that with some of these deals?

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Okay, I’m beginning to think Guerin is grasping at straws and has run out of ideas.

We have constantly been hearing the front office talking about the Wild’s draft success and prospect pool. But we are also constantly extending middle lineup players with the very long contracts and no trade clauses. Why?

With Lambos, Mermis, O’Rourke, Johansson, Pert, Hunt, and I’m probably forgetting someone, all in the much ballyhooed pipeline, why do we need five more years of Middleton?

When does this Billy Gee Wiz pipeline actually start producing? Our D right now is 100% NOT from this famous Billy-n-Judd pipeline.

CaptainMusky

Grouse most of those d men you listed will likely play next to no games in the NHL. Maybe 1 or 2 will surprise but I actually don’t think Mermis is even under contract anymore.

Viewing 30 posts - 5,671 through 5,700 (of 5,782 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.