2023/2024 NHL/WILD Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• JoeMX1825
    MN

Back to the draft. All I’ve seen for the past 2 weeks is Eiserman at 13. He is a pure goal scorer. His faults are he shoots too much and defends too little, which are faults that have never before been associated with any pure goal scorer since the ancient Greeks. I hope he’s there at 13, but I think other GMs will not be able to resist goalscorering.

I just saw this after I posted about pretty much the same thing…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Timberwolves GM hopefully giving GMBG some inspiration on how to improve your team and take advantage of your teams window…

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

Suter bought out again?! That’s gotta be a first

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

If Suter or Parise retire, does that affect the Wild cap hit this upcoming season? Probably been answered before but I would like to know.

CaptainMusky

If Suter or Parise retire, does that affect the Wild cap hit this upcoming season? Probably been answered before but I would like to know.

No, they would have only had an impact if they were traded, but since they were bought out that is the punishment they got.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Per their coach’s end of season presser, McDavid and Draisaitl played with injuries, but it didn’t sound like either needed any surgeries…so they were like pretty much every other player who survived to the cup finals…

JoeMX1825
    MN

no, that was the main reason why they were bought out…it eliminated any “what ifs” and gave GMBG cap certainty…

tswoboda

Suter bought out again?! That’s gotta be a first

2nd… Tony Dengelo’s been bought out twice, for various reasons

JoeMX1825
    MN

Buffalo just traded pick #11 to San Jose for picks #14 & #42, this likely means they wanted to get ahead of the Wild to get Cole Eiserman (who’s friends with Cellibrini) or a better chance at one of the remaining top D left (San Jose has basically zero defensive prospects)

so that sets the price value of picks for this draft, moving up 3 spots costs a
    early-mid 2nd rounder…

tswoboda

Would not be surprised if the Wild follow suit and also trade back in this draft

tswoboda

This mock is how I’m guessing the draft will play out. This guy is dialed in and has the best list every single year

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot-2024-06-27-141613.jpg

JoeMX1825
    MN

Would not be surprised if the Wild follow suit and also trade back in this draft

Not sure why Buffalo made that trade, they are absolutely stacked with young pros all locked in long term and a ton of top prospects that won’t have enough spots to play…Quality vs Quantity makes more sense for them imo…

Seems like there’s alot that’s going to happen around the league by tomorrow night…

JoeMX1825
    MN

This mock is how I’m guessing the draft will play out. This guy is dialed in and has the best list every single year

Dickinson at #17, Helenius at #23, #Eiserman at #44? what is this guy smoking…

tswoboda

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tswoboda wrote:</div>

Dickinson at #17, Helenius at #23, #Eiserman at #44? what is this guy smoking…

We’ll see. Can’t argue the Wild picks though, Judd with another 2nd round steal!

rotflol

JoeMX1825
    MN

Are we being rickrolled here?

JoeMX1825
    MN

Of course Vegas is nearing a deal to acquire Mitch Marner…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Cool video about Zayne Parekh and his family journey (possible Wild draft pick if he slips)

CaptainMusky

And we are surprised by this? LOL Stone on LTIR starting the year?

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

I just NEVER want to hear GM’s (mostly ours) complain anymore that we can’t afford certain players or we have no options in a cap crunch (past the obvious buyout years)
    Vegas does it EVERY year…

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

The real question is can you get healthy by the time the playoffs roll around? Seems like every year he just manages to make it.

CaptainMusky

Im sure he will be in a wheelchair for most of the season, then magically by about a month before the playoffs if they are in contention he will be “skating”.

JoeMX1825
    MN

The Vegas franchise is a fascinating story on how to “build” but more importantly “run” an NHL franchise can be done differently… There’s no question the expansion draft rules helped them out and teams learned from their mistakes when the Seattle xpac draft took place, but Vegas’s decision making is almost entirely different from the rest of the NHL teams in terms using picks & prospects vs established NHL players… I believe the number of drafted Vegas players that actually stay with Vegas and play NHL games is very low (less than 5?) and they are constantly trading current/future picks so that number shouldn’t move very much…They are willing to buck all trends in terms of player loyalty and willingness to dance around/abuse the current rules to succeed…

Seattle had the one good early in team history playoff run (just like the Wild did) but it feels like they are now moving more towards the struggling and still building xpac team model vs Vegas is still a perennial powerhouse with no signs of slowing down…

It would be a good case study to go over all of the different variables (xpac draft, no state income tax, located in the entertainment capital of the world, owner willing to spend whatever it takes, organizational mindset, GM decisions, etc.) and how they all contribute to Vegas’s success sofar…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Yakemchuk is the 2nd D taken, nobody saw that coming…

JoeMX1825
    MN

If i’m GMBG, i’m on the phone with New Jersey to see what it would take to move up to #10 to take Buium…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Wild going to have one of Buium, Dickenson or Eiserman to pick from!!!!

tswoboda

Could see then take konsta if they don’t like eiserman. Would love a trade with a Jets though

Viewing 30 posts - 5,611 through 5,640 (of 5,782 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.