2023/2024 NHL/WILD Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• wormdunker

Public service announcement. Make sure you can watch Channel 45 next year. whistling

CaptainMusky

Public service announcement. Make sure you can watch Channel 45 next year.

Our resident insider thanks for looking out for us! Now let us in on some real steam about getting rid of dead weight! LOL

JoeMX1825
    MN

Public service announcement. Make sure you can watch Channel 45 next year. whistling

as in MN Boys State Hockey Tourney channel 45?

JoeMX1825
    MN

What’s your favorite Adam Beckman Wild moment? I’d say when he sacrificed his face to get the Gordie Howe hat trick in a preseason game a few years ago…

The kid we got back is probably the Devil’s version of Adam Beckman, just smaller and one of us..

tswoboda

The kid we got back is probably the Devil’s version of Adam Beckman, just smaller and one of us..

Haha my first thought was they traded Adam Beckman for…. Adam Beckman?

Brandt Clarke’s big bro, so solid bloodline. #oneofus what’s the story why he was born in Waconia?

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

Based on nothing other than some perceived momentum, I think the Oilers win tonight and it goes back to Florida for game 7.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Florida just looks worn out and like they dont want to play anymore…. They have no edge to their game… Edmonton beating them at everything…

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I’ll be honest, I thought this was over in 5. Now a game 7 looks likely.

tswoboda

Offsides challenge is a joke and an embarrassment to the NHL

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Offsides challenge is a joke and an embarrassment to the NHL

Totally agree.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Looks like I was wrong about the series being over, too. Kinda hoping it goes to a game 7!

tswoboda

That said… I absolutely love the call tonight lol LFG Oilers

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

They showed a stat on challenging offsides. 81% of all offsides challenges are successful. Tells me that when it’s challenged, it’s very likely a good challenge.

tswoboda

They showed a stat on challenging offsides. 81% of all offsides challenges are successful. Tells me that when it’s challenged, it’s very likely a good challenge.

Yeah the calls are “right” it’s just fukin stupid to take goals off the board based on millimeters and single pixels that have no effect on the play

basseyes

Not sure if Edmonton has got Florida figured out, or if Florida has just played way to much high energy hockey and has nothing left in the tank?

Florida looks physically and mentally beat. Didn’t see that happening at all.

tswoboda

Game 1 was exactly like this but Bob was unbeatable, and now he’s come back to Earth. The Florida goalie will decide the series.

Skinner has been excellent in games 4/5/6 of every series too, including this one

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>gimruis wrote:</div>

Yeah the calls are “right” it’s just fukin stupid to take goals off the board based on millimeters and single pixels that have no effect on the play

Perhaps. But offsides is offsides whether it’s millimeters or feet. Just stay on sides and there isn’t a problem. I don’t see them changing the rule on challenging it either.

Challenging goalie interference isn’t nearly as black and white as something like offsides is. Way more subjectivity involved.

tswoboda

But offsides is offsides whether it’s millimeters or feet. Just stay on sides and there isn’t a problem

Bring that same energy to icing

Actually no please don’t

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

Panthers in 4?

CaptainMusky

Back from gods country on NW Ontario. Stayed at Uncle Mark’s outpost. Very nice. Get this we couldn’t even watch the game in Canada. Tsn didn’t have it we tried using DirecTV stream couldn’t even download it. Tried multiple different streaming options but since we are tied to the US they were blacked out. This was game 4. Game 5 my buddy joined a teams meeting his wife started back home and we watched the game lol.
    Fun series. I thought it was over when Florida went up 3 1 but give the oil credit. Only watched parts of game 6 last night but when that Florida goal was called off they just looked defeated.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Obviously all of the momentum is with the Oilers, it will take everything in Paul Maurice’s arsenal to get the Panthers to reboot their game…

I have the Panthers winning on Monday….

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

I have the Panthers winning on Monday….

I think they will win it as well. Just really thought they would have wrapped it up before.

tswoboda

50-50 game. Like I said from the beginning the game, and now the series, will go as Bob goes

100% rooting for Edmonton though. I am fully bought into the Oil bandwagon

JoeMX1825
    MN

100% rooting for Edmonton though. I am fully bought into the Oil bandwagon

I want to see all the King Leon drama when they lose, will he sign an extension, etc…Florida has earned a cup imo losing last year and being up 3-0 this year…

Tom schmitt

This game may come down to the crappy ice in Florida.
    If it’s hot and humid the may turn soft and that would be advantage Panthers.

tswoboda

Can you imagine if the oil pulled this off?!?!

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tswoboda wrote:</div>
    Does Maurice go back to Bobrovsky for game 5???? jester

Does Maurice go back to Bobrovsky for game 6???? jester

Does Maurice go back to Bobrovsky for game 7???? jester

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Sure, suddenly I’m too busy to watch a couple of games (and just TRY to consistently find the Stanley Cup games on the radio when you’re on the road) and so Florida goes completely and utterly in the crapper. This is the Exxon Valdez of hockey wrecks. What a mess. Well, at least what looked to be a total steamrolling and done in 5 games max is now a 1 game, winner take all. Gary has got to be loving this. A Canadian team finally gets into the final and now estimates are all-time viewing high for a final game.

In other news.

Kuemper for PLD. Wow. How does this make sense other than the LA Kings suddenly woke up and realized that they made a huge mistake with him? What’s going on with this, one year they sign him to an 8-year $68m deal/extension/whatever and the next year they’re trading him to reload on Kuemper?

And for all the Arizona hockey fans out there–I think there are 17 of them in total–it looks like all those promises to have a franchise back within 5 years have just been shredded.

The Arizona State Land Department canceled the auction planned for Thursday for a 110-acre piece of state-owned land in north Phoenix that former Coyotes owner Alex Meruelo was banking on purchasing for his new Desert Ice Palace. I’m starting to get the vague feeling that the Phoenix area doesn’t want hockey…

Apparently, any future auction of that parcel will require bidders to submit detailed plans for their use of the land, and then only approved bidders will be able to bid at some undisclosed future date. In what was interpreted as yet another ominous sign for Meruelo, the Land Department today also took delivery of two new industrial-sized paper shredders. Both of which are capable of completely shredding an arena-sized use proposal every 8 seconds.

tswoboda

The Meruelo circus is cooked, you love to see it.

Don’t let that distract us now though, we’re hours away from potentially the greatest NHL game of all time

Viewing 30 posts - 5,521 through 5,550 (of 5,782 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.