2023/2024 NHL/WILD Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• deertracker

Had to laugh talking about all the safety stuff. I play men’s league twice a week. I just retired and replaced my goalie helmet that I got in 1993. I was twelve at the time. This old beast has seen better days and I flinched any time a pick came in high.
    DT

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2685-scaled.jpeg

tswoboda

Weird time for a guy to get claimed with the 10 day break. I wonder if they’ll take him to Cabo

JoeMX1825
    MN

interesting bit of info Russo put into his mailbag article today was that Marat Khusnutdinov could be signed by the Wild on February 25th (end of KHL regular season and his Sochi team will not make the playoffs) burning the 1st year of his ELC and in the Wild lineup a few days later… I thought KHL player contracts run until the end of April, but I guess not in Marat’s case…

tswoboda

Pretty sure you’re right Joe, Sochi would technically need to terminate his contract. Which you see other KHL teams doing in previous years so I’m sure Sochi would do that if he’s not going to extend with them.

tswoboda

That’s a hell of a goalie cage, DT! Must be SSP? Better get the new one painted to match, it’s way too white as is… might as well be a bullseye jester

JoeMX1825
    MN

Pretty sure you’re right Joe, Sochi would technically need to terminate his contract. Which you see other KHL teams doing in previous years so I’m sure Sochi would do that if he’s not going to extend with them.

That makes sense, would be cool to get him over him now and see what he can do in the NHL…

CaptainMusky

So I noticed something strange today in The Athletic. I read the whole mailbag and then scrolled to the comments and it said there were a bunch, but I could only see 3 and it said “subscribe”. Anyone else see this?

JoeMX1825
    MN

So I noticed something strange today in The Athletic. I read the whole mailbag and then scrolled to the comments and it said there were a bunch, but I could only see 3 and it said “subscribe”. Anyone else see this?

no, but i’ve seen issues when clicking on an Athletic link in twitter on my phone and it not carrying over my account credentials, so it hits a paywall unless I re-login…

CaptainMusky

I use to have that issue, but its been working fine now. I just wonder if they have a subscribe to comment which is kind of odd.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I use to have that issue, but its been working fine now. I just wonder if they have a subscribe to comment which is kind of odd.

I see tons of comments on the mailbag article

deertracker

That’s a hell of a goalie cage, DT! Must be SSP? Better get the new one painted to match, it’s way too white as is… might as well be a bullseye jester

Yes, that is a SSP helmet. The inspiration came from Andy Moog’s helmet. I thought about painting the new one but haven’t decided what I would do. Maybe an outdoors scenery?
    DT

Ripjiggen

That’s what I thought. Former warrior up the bluff here where it didn’t smell. jester

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Maybe an outdoors scenery?
    DT

C’mon. You’re not going to intimidate the opposing players with airbrushed pictures of green sunfish on your mask.

Flames, damnit, think flames. SSP? You need a fire breathing longhorn bull or something. Go Packers, rah, rah, etc.

JoeMX1825
    MN

The more I read about the Jets defenseman we got, the more i’m intrigued…sounds like the Jets didn’t want to put him on waivers because they realized they would lose him for nothing and tried to trade him instead but teams are holding off until the deadline. The Wild were one of many teams that put a claim on him, but because we’re terrible, we got the waiver priority…He’ll be with the Wild the rest of the season (or needs to be put back on waivers after the grace period) so we’ll get a look at him next Tuesday.
    Scoring that many AHL points and only being given a cup of coffee 4 games in the NHL is a bit strange… The only issue I could see is that he plays a similar game to Josh Morressey and the Jets like their Defense to be more physical..

He’s gotta be better than Merrill/Goose…

CaptainMusky

Yeah, I like what I have read about him too Joe. Wild are 27th. That is crazy.
    I wonder if they waive Merrill?

JoeMX1825
    MN

Surprised they haven’t tried that already…I think it was mentioned in Russo’s mailbag that Merrill could be bought out next season for only $400k x 2 years…We’ve discussed at length how buyouts are a last resort, but we’re probably at that point with Merrill…

Funny Video of the Jets Sportsradio guys discussing Chisholm and the potential they could lose him to a waiver claim sometime this season – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya393gxWjhA

CaptainMusky

I think I would just waive him vs buyout. Then we are out from under it.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I think I would just waive him vs buyout. Then we are out from under it.

yeah, i’m too lazy to go see what that option would look like…whatever makes more sense i’m all for it…

tswoboda

Ha I was wondering why if Chisholm is so good that no other team grabbed him before MN and then had the same unfortunate realization that there’s only 5 teams before them in the waiver order shock

Coming into the year I though Merrill would eventually get waived, but with all the injuries they don’t really have salary cap issues. That and they must not feel Mermis or Hunt were good enough to demand a full time spot in the lineup. So they just haven’t been forced into dumping Merrill yet.

More buyout love, borderline obsessed. In what world does it make sense to buy Merrill out at $400k x 2 years when they could send him to Iowa for a cap hit of $50k x 1 year?? wtf

CaptainMusky

Keep forgetting about all the LTIR we have had so yeah, maybe it doesnt make sense to waive him in this instance.

JoeMX1825
    MN

More buyout love, borderline obsessed. In what world does it make sense to buy Merrill out at $400k x 2 years when they could send him to Iowa for a cap hit of $50k x 1 year?? wtf

of course that makes more sense…I simply mentioned something posted in a Russo article and said GMBG has to be at his wits end with Merrill, if it would have mentioned the waivers value, I would have posted that…

deertracker

That’s what I thought. Former warrior up the bluff here where it didn’t smell. jester

Smell? What’s this smell you speak of… doah
    DT

Ripjiggen

I wonder if I chipped any of that paint at one point. whistling

CaptainMusky

Latest in skate lacerations. Fantilli out 8 weeks with a calf laceration. Thankfully he had a kevlar sock on so not sure if the cut started up much higher or what.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Georgia giving the green light for funding the new NHL arena development… they wouldn’t be doing this if they didn’t already get assurances from the league that they would be given an expansion team in the near future…

Ripjiggen

Latest in skate lacerations. Fantilli out 8 weeks with a calf laceration. Thankfully he had a kevlar sock on so not sure if the cut started up much higher or what.

Update tried to order shirts from bauer and Warroad both OOS.

Viewing 30 posts - 3,151 through 3,180 (of 5,782 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.