2023/2024 NHL/WILD Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• JoeMX1825
    MN

Pretty cool

Attachments:
    1. IMG_6658.jpeg

CaptainMusky

The only tradeable impact player (without dipping into the core) I see is Middleton. Maybe something similar to the Jake McCabe trade last year. Something like Middleton, Duhaime, (2) 5th round picks for a 1st and 2nd ??

Id hate to see Middsy go, but I think I would do that trade. He is just so damn fun though.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Their remaining schedule is cooked into that percentage. What’s your point? Is there something you think they can or should do right now to get that 7th pick? Trade Ek Faber Gus and Boldy maybe? That would likely do it

I’m expecting them to cycle through winning 1-2 games and then losing 3-4 games the rest of the season, so the % numbers likely bounce up and down…The only thing they could do is sell off what they can (I’m only expecting the UFA’s to get traded, maybe Dewar & Merrill) on March 8th and then replace those spots with Iowa guys…as you said, the team will decide how the rest of the season goes…

tswoboda

I’m expecting them to cycle through winning 1-2 games and then losing 3-4

If they lose 3-4 games in the next 6 games, like you’re implying, that percentage will go to basically zero and stay there

The only thing they could do is sell off what they can (I’m only expecting the UFA’s to get traded, maybe Dewar & Merrill) on March 8th and then replace those spots with Iowa guys

That’s my point, trading those guys might actually make the team better

JoeMX1825
    MN

If they lose 3-4 games in the next 6 games, like you’re implying, that percentage will go to basically zero and stay there

that implies that the other teams ahead of them win their games in the next 6 though right?

either way, they can’t lose games…I don’t see this team going on an Oiler like run…

tswoboda

tswoboda wrote:

that implies that the other teams ahead of them win their games in the next 6 though right?

Not a math guy, are you. There’s 5 teams in front of them

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Avalanche sign Zach Parise oh man

Ripjiggen

Happy Hockey Day!
    Go hockey!

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

This wayzata Moorhead game is going to be a blowout if this keep up. Just completely different teams.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Is it my TV or is there nowhere near enough light on the rink for the Warroad vs Rossau game?

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

Is it my TV or is there nowhere near enough light on the rink for the Warroad vs Rossau game?

I thought it was fine.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Mason Shaw has 3 goals in his first 6 games back in Iowa…

basseyes

Mason Shaw has 3 goals in his first 6 games back in Iowa…

Man oh man would be so fun to see him back in the NHL.

Ripjiggen

I think the fog has something to do with it. Fun day. Rink wasn’t good for skating but pretty intense boot hockey.

basseyes

Hockey day in Minnesota and the state of the state of hockey, it’s tank time.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

This wayzata Moorhead game is going to be a blowout if this keep up. Just completely different teams.

Wayzata and Edina are the only teams that can keep up with Minnetonka this season. The Skippers have 9 division 1 recruits and have not lost yet. Wayzata has tied them and so did Edina.

Minnetonka beat Albertville 18-0 on Thursday and then Chaska yesterday 10-0. 28-0 combined score the last 2 games. shock

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I quite watching after the 2nd when they were ahead of the last place Ducks at home. Figured it was in the bag. Apparently not.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Nothing is in the bag for this squad. They’ve been giving up leads like the Timberwolves lately.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Yurov scored again today, GMBG needs to get that kid over here for next season… another year in the KHL does nothing…

Marat Khusnidhinov had 3 points today as well…

The Wild’s defensive game needs a complete overhaul… kinda hard to believe as that was there foundation forever…

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

USA Hockey has mandated the use of neck protection for all players under the age of 18 starting on April 1, 2024.

JoeMX1825
    MN

What a mess the Columbus Bluejackets are… Jurisek’s comments around his AHL demotion and then Laine putting himself into the Player Assist program…

JoeMX1825
    MN

USA Hockey has mandated the use of neck protection for all players under the age of 18 starting on April 1, 2024.

great news, but it should have been done years ago…

Its a miracle skate cuts don’t happen more often….

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I know. Heavy gauge razor blades on your feet and guys flying across the ice. It’s astonishing that cuts don’t happen more often. And not just in the neck either.

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>gimruis wrote:</div>

great news, but it should have been done years ago…

Over reaction IMO. They better hope the companies can produce enough.
    1 incident that likely wouldnt have been protected in 30 years. Seems like bit of over reaction. Hopefully youth teams can figure out a way to afford that equipment for all. 200$ shirts each year is an added expense that will likely hurt participation.

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

I know. Heavy gauge razor blades on your feet and guys flying across the ice. It’s astonishing that cuts don’t happen more often. And not just in the neck either.

Maybe because it doesn’t happen often.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Maybe because it doesn’t happen often.

I know, but it just seems like it should happen more. It’s like you really never hear of players getting their legs or arms cut by skate blades.

I am not up to date on how cut-resistant hockey gear is these days though either. When I played, none of it was cut-resistant 20+ years ago. Seems like everything is built lighter and lighter but they sacrifice protection for it.

Ripjiggen

Been playing hockey for 40 years and never seen a guy get cut by a blade. Maybe I have been lucky. Honestly never heard of it till this year when a guy that is known to be dirty lifted his leg to a ridiculous height.

Another expense is the last thing hockey needs. Again JMO.

JoeMX1825
    MN

It happens all the time, thankfully it’s rarely fatal…. I bought my kid the best neck & wrist kevlar protection shirt on the market imo, it was $80 shipped from Canada… The neck straps are way cheaper… Most every youth player nowadays is using $150+ sticks for no reason, so to complain about spending $50+ on a neck guard that lasts 1-3 years is a joke…

My kid took a stick tip from a falling player to his neck in the 3rd game he started to wear it, he had a good red mark but that’s it, could have been alot worse…

Last year I had a mite fall into a pile of players and took a skate blade to his neck, had a 3” long surface cut along his jugular, had that cut been a fraction deeper and things would have got scary serious…. So lucky…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Been playing hockey for 40 years and never seen a guy get cut by a blade. Maybe I have been lucky. Honestly never heard of it till this year when a guy that is known to be dirty lifted his leg to a ridiculous height.

Another expense is the last thing hockey needs. Again JMO.

just this NHL season off the top of my head we’ve seen Rossi get cut, Evander Cain and the guy from Winnipeg (I think?) who had like 70+ stitches on his face between periods. I’ve posted 2 or 3 clips in this thread of extremely close calls where the blade just missed the neck and face areas…

Here’s Bedard just missing Scheifflee’s neck – https://x.com/ginohard_/status/1740240112217407796?s=46&t=uoRWUp28rKzoSODmtmr3Lw

Viewing 30 posts - 3,091 through 3,120 (of 5,782 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.