2023/2024 NHL/WILD Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• JoeMX1825
    MN

it also looks like they are investigating a similar incident during the 2003 World Junior Championships, apparently there’s video that surfaced of it…

Ripjiggen

Not to downplay 2003 at all but can’t imagine any of them outside of flower still playing. Obviously legal action would be bad.

CaptainMusky

Ben Clymer just threw out a sorta wild trade candidate. Tom Wilson. Hmmm

JoeMX1825
    MN

Ben Clymer just threw out a sorta wild trade candidate. Tom Wilson. Hmmm

we have Foligno for 4 more years…. Same player type…

CaptainMusky

Wilson more offensive and way more physical and expiring contract.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Wilson more offensive and way more physical and expiring contract.

he has 7 more years at $6.5aav…. I wouldn’t touch that contract with Chara’s stick…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Wtf has happened to Boldy the last few games? Just making terrible decisions with the puck… crazy how hot & cold he runs….

CaptainMusky

he has 7 more years at $6.5aav…. I wouldn’t touch that contract with Chara’s stick…

I was reading 5.1 on capfriendly and expiring contract what am I missing?

basseyes

Wtf has happened to Boldy the last few games? Just making terrible decisions with the puck… crazy how hot & cold he runs….

He’s needs to stop thinking. When he starts thinking his stick stops working. Wish he had a manual shut of switch for his brain. He needs to just play hockey.

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

I was reading 5.1 on capfriendly and expiring contract what am I missing?

his new 7 year extension kicks in next season…

tswoboda

34 games left and they need to win 25 of them if they want to make playoffs. Every loss is a killer now.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Every loss is a killer now.

Especially against teams they are directly competing against for a playoff spot. Like the Preds. doah

CaptainMusky

Yeah, that was a real bad loss last night. On to the next one. Had a chance to pull within 2 pts of a playoff spot.

JoeMX1825
    MN

But we traded for Will Butcher yesterday, so the turnaround starts tomorrow….

I’m just cheering for Kaprizov, Rossi and Faber to get points from now on…every win moving forward just hurts this team imo… its a lost season, reboot for next year when most of our lineup questions have been answered this year (we basically have back the exact same team minus some 4th liners and the 3rd D pair) GMBG will probably have $4-5 million to spend on shoring them up)

I know its not a great fan attitude, but scratching back into the last playoff spot and then getting spanked 4-0 in the 1st round is probably worse mentally than missing the playoffs (where they have the injuries excuse to explain/lean on)

JoeMX1825
    MN

No thinking there!

yeah, those two plays on the Powerplay where he was decisive and just cut to the slot and got a good shot off (1 was saved, the other scored) were the highlights of his game…he was a turnover machine the rest of it…

tswoboda

This is the worst chicken wing I can remember in the last few years. No in person hearing though

CaptainMusky

That is terrible! I wonder if there will be any further discipline for the head hit on KK last night.

JoeMX1825
    MN

yeah, not good, but the camera angle makes a bit of difference imo…the one from behind looks like Gallagher caught his upper chest and then it slid into his chin with mostly his shoulder vs the side camera makes it look like it was all elbow…

either way I think he was intentionally targeting his head which is what the suspension should be based on…doesn’t he have a suspension history?

JoeMX1825
    MN

That is terrible! I wonder if there will be any further discipline for the head hit on KK last night.

I didn’t think the Kirill head hit was that bad… I was more worried about the repeated cross-checks he was taking to the lower back again…he must have added some new padding since the last injury there…

tswoboda

I agree on the camera angle making the Gallagher hit look as bad as a head shot can possibly look. At least that must be what Parros is thinking otherwise that looks like 10 games easy. Gallagher apparently has no discipline history, he’s just the most hated guy in the league by the players.

I wonder if there will be any further discipline for the head hit on KK last night.

What head hit on Kirill? Cole Smith is a good Brainerd boy, he would never do something like putting his elbow directly on Kirill’s chin whistling

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I know its not a great fan attitude, but scratching back into the last playoff spot and then getting spanked 4-0 in the 1st round is probably worse mentally than missing the playoffs (where they have the injuries excuse to explain/lean on)

But that’s a REALISTIC attitude. Who says we can’t be fans and still not partake in GM Average’s happy talk all the time?

Last night was a perfect example of how the Wild stack up against even a bubble/wildcard contending team. The game last night from the X had the air of impending doom from the first puck drop, I’ll tell you that.

The big difference makers were that first, we were constantly trying to fire long passes through the neutral zone pr chip the puck forward up the boards and the Preads were picking off every single f#$%^&* one of them. But did we learn? Hell to the no.

And then Nashville gave a master class in why hitting the freaking net with your shots actually matters. Go back and watch how many of their longer shots from the blue line and the high slot are on net compared to the Wild missing a foot high here, 18 inches wide there. Constantly missing the net. And what do you know, the Preads get a shot on net and it trickles in and that’s the game winner.

Yeah, we’ve got some good players who are fun to watch and cheer for. I like to watch hockey and it’s great to watch Faber and KK and even Boldy came to life last night with a good power move.

But we also have some guys who are just not on their game and this is pro sports and we need to deal with them. No use going into a rehash here, just round up the usual suspects.

tswoboda

Last night was a perfect example of how the Wild stack up against even a bubble/wildcard contending team. The game last night from the X had the air of impending doom from the first puck drop, I’ll tell you that.

And the previous 2 games were perfect examples of how they stack up against Cup contenders??

And then Nashville gave a master class in why hitting the freaking net with your shots actually matters. Go back and watch how many of their longer shots from the blue line and the high slot are on net compared to the Wild missing a foot high here, 18 inches wide there. Constantly missing the net. And what do you know, the Preads get a shot on net and it trickles in and that’s the game winner.

2 of the 4 pucks past Gus, including the game winner you’re referencing, would have missed the net if not for being tipped…

JoeMX1825
    MN

because of NMC/NTC’s its pretty east to pencil in next years lineup with a couple of question marks:

Kirill – Rossi – Zuccy
    Boldy – Ek – Jojo?
    Foligno – Hartman – ?
    Gaudreau – Dewar? – ?

Faber – Brodin
    Spurgeon? – Middleton
    Hunt – Merril?

Gusbus – Wallstedt

I think they’ll extend Dewar, Spurgeon’s recovery is the biggest question mark for next season. If they could move Merrill, they would…

Not counting any UFA’s they sign, Here’s the in-house players most likely to compete for the open spots – Khusnutdinov, Beckman, Ohgren, Lambos, O’Rourke

This also assumes Danila Yurov stays in the KHL another season, although I think it would be better to bring him over now. Yurov’s KHL coach recently did an interview hinting that he was leaving for the NHL next year…

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

What about Goose?! rotflol

Some seem to think he’s already cooked. He might have another season in him though!

tswoboda

I think Yurov is coming over this spring/summer. He had 3 points this morning, now leads Magnitogorsk in goals and points. His coach was also quoted saying he wants his young stars to go try it in the NHL and they will always welcome them back if it doesn’t work out.

The bottom 6 has been rough all year. Duhaime has been a big disappointment, Dewar not much better aside from the PK. Wouldn’t be surprised if neither are back. Maroon has come back to Earth after his hot start. Freddy I don’t need to pile on.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

No in person hearing though

They just scheduled one for today. Its by phone rather than in person though, so the max it could be based on that is a 5 game suspension.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I think Yurov is coming over this spring/summer. He had 3 points this morning, now leads Magnitogorsk in goals and points

He could swap in with Ek and Boldy and then drop Jojo to 3rd line, Ohgren then replaces Jojo the following season…
    I don’t think Dewar would be expensive is why I think they extend him, they know what they have with him vs rolling the dice with a cheap UFA…but maybe that’s where they think Marat could fit in and replace…

tswoboda

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tswoboda wrote:</div>
    No in person hearing though

They just scheduled one for today. Its by phone rather than in person though, so the max it could be based on that is a 5 game suspension.

So exactly like I said… no in person hearing coffee

I don’t think Dewar would be expensive is why I think they extend him, they know what they have with him vs rolling the dice with a cheap UFA…but maybe that’s where they think Marat could fit in and replace…

Agree they likely keep Dewar. Shaw hopefully is in the mix too. They’re good insurance even if Yurov and Khusnutdinov and Ohgren all come over and look NHL ready they could very easily have rookie seasons like Marco Rossi.

Viewing 30 posts - 3,031 through 3,060 (of 5,782 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.