2023/2024 NHL/WILD Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• CaptainMusky

Any of you been following what has been going on elsewhere in the league regarding players “taking indefinite leaves of absence”? Carter Hart was the latest. Now I just read 5 players from the 2018 Canadian World Junior Team are ordered to surrender to Police for arrest. 2 of the players who just went on leave were on that team. Hart being one of them.

tswoboda

There it is, police investigation finally going somewhere. Names haven’t been released yet, but Carter Hart and Dillon Dube almost have to be involved.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Any of you been following what has been going on elsewhere in the league regarding players “taking indefinite leaves of absence”? Carter Hart was the latest. Now I just read 5 players from the 2018 Canadian World Junior Team are ordered to surrender to Police for arrest. 2 of the players who just went on leave were on that team. Hart being one of them.

imo, it gives the team a “Legal/Privacy” excuse for not answering questions about it and helps get the player out of the media spotlight/news cycle taking the circus away from their professional team’s brand…”Media Damage Control” is a big shadow business nowadays…

Regarding the 2018 Canada WJC team, here’s the official statements on record by each player (1 omitting)

Victor Mete and Jordan Kyrou confirmed that they did not attend the gala and were not in London at the time of the incident.

The following players have come out either via personal statement or with their agency to say that they were not involved with the allegations: Jake Bean, Kale Clague, Max Comtois, Dillon Dube, Dante Fabbro, Cal Foote, Jonah Gadjovich, Carter Hart, Brett Howden, Cale Makar, Colton Point, Taylor Raddysh, Sam Steel, Tyler Steenbergen, Robert Thomas and Conor Timmins.

The following players have stated that they have fully cooperated with the investigation but declined to comment further: Boris Katchouk, Drake Batherson and Michael McLeod.

Alex Formenton is the lone player that has not made any comments to date.

CaptainMusky

Comtois, Formenton and Dube are also potential others. No one has been officially named yet, but Hart and Dube have the leaves of absence so it would make sense they are 2 of them.

tswoboda

Alex Formenton is the lone player that has not made any comments to date.

And been playing in the Swiss league for a few years now because of it.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Here’s Calgary Flames statement on Dube’s Leave…

Calgary Flames forward Dillon Dube is taking an indefinite leave of absence to address his mental health, the team said Sunday.

“Dillon is under the care of health professionals, and we request that Dillon’s privacy is respected during the period,” a team statement read.

plan in action….Never heard the Canadian Police referred to as Health Professionals )

CaptainMusky

Salt Lake City has formally requested the NHL put plans in action to get an expansion team there.

tswoboda

Are we all sharing NHL news this morning? I’ll go next:

Petr Mrazek extended with the Blackhawks for wayyyy too much money

JoeMX1825
    MN

Salt Lake City has formally requested the NHL put plans in action to get an expansion team there.

I think Atlanta and Salt Lake City will get expansion teams in 3-5 years, Houston being the backup if either one falls through. Quebec City being a candidate for an existing team’s relocation not expansion, it gives Canada their 8th team for an All Canada division…

tswoboda

it gives Canada their 8th team for an All Canada division…

They’re not willingly putting all 4 time zones in the same division

JoeMX1825
    MN

Are we all sharing NHL news this morning? I’ll go next:

Petr Mrazek extended with the Blackhawks for wayyyy too much money

$4.25aav for a starting goalie on a team with a gazillion $ in cap space looking for any veteran willing to sign and join the high school kids? He’s basically overpaid a bit to stay and get his career stats pounded on for 2 more years…Not sure you’ll find any established goalie wanting to go to Chicago for another 3-4 years…Seth Jones must be constantly look around corners & curtains waiting for Ashton Kucher to jump out and say he got Punkd…

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>
    it gives Canada their 8th team for an All Canada division…

They’re not willingly putting all 4 time zones in the same division

Agreed its not ideal, but I think they would be willing to stay up late for some games in order to get 4 Canadian teams in the playoffs every season…

tswoboda

This feels like confirmation on Dube and Hart:

“Formenton was given an indefinite leave of absence for personal reasons and the player returned to Canada.”

CaptainMusky

Formenton was granted leave from his team to travel back to Canada….

JoeMX1825
    MN

Hey, did you guys see Formenton was put on leave and is heading back to Canada?

) ) sorry, had to do it…

CaptainMusky

This was the issue with an alleged rape right? There have been so many hockey canada scandals I get them mixed up.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Think this press release timing was on purpose to help dilute the 2018 Team Canada story a bit? It was 5 minutes earlier…

JoeMX1825
    MN

This was the issue with an alleged rape right? There have been so many hockey canada scandals I get them mixed up.

yep

CaptainMusky

Think this press release timing was on purpose to help dilute the 2018 Team Canada story a bit? It was 5 minutes earlier…

Its pretty tone deaf timing for sure. Lots of people calling it out on Twitter.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Devils reporter says Cal Foote and Michael McCloud were not at a Team event last night and not at practice this morning…I would imagine players on that team who were NOT involved might stay out of the limelight today just to avoid difficult questions…

tswoboda

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>

Both stories were to distract from the Petr Mrazek contract

JoeMX1825
    MN

You know me, I figured it was to distract the fanboys from Luke Richardson’s statement that Bedard would be out the full 6 weeks of recovery time…

CaptainMusky

Was that you that tweeted that? LOL

tswoboda

You know me, I figured it was to distract the fanboys from Luke Richardson’s statement that Bedard would be out the full 6 weeks of recovery time…

Bedard?? Never heard of her

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tswoboda wrote:</div>

Was that you that tweeted that? LOL

It appears you may have found my sh!t posting Twitter burner coffee

JoeMX1825
    MN

Devils reporter says Cal Foote and Michael McCloud were not at a Team event last night and not at practice this morning…I would imagine players on that team who were NOT involved might stay out of the limelight today just to avoid difficult questions…

Devils just posted both went on Leave of Absence…

Ripjiggen

Formenton, Hart, McLeod, Dube, and Foote. Those seem to be the 5. crazy

JoeMX1825
    MN

Formenton, Hart, McLeod, Dube, and Foote. Those seem to be the 5. crazy

There’s apparently 2-3 more players that were in the room at the time, but didn’t participate…they are not part of these charges, but could get a lesser charge for not stopping it…

Viewing 30 posts - 3,001 through 3,030 (of 5,782 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.