2022 MN WILD/NHL THREAD

• CaptainMusky

Russo intimating that Greenway deal is nearly complete and is “similar” to Foligno at 3×3. I think that is a good deal for both sides.

Ripjiggen

Almost 100 pages gents. Not even the All Star break yet. Nice work. waytogo

CaptainMusky

Speaking of the AllStar game, have you see some of the new challenges? I like the “blackjack” one. That should be fun.

Ice Cap

Russo intimating that Greenway deal is nearly complete and is “similar” to Foligno at 3×3. I think that is a good deal for both sides.

I don’t know. I think it’s going to depend on what else the Wild do. They sign Greenway and that whittles down even further players that hold any trade value. If rumors are true about the Wild having interest in numerous players it would seem the Wild are determined to make some sort of a deal before the deadline.

Ek and Foligno are the straws that stir the drink on that line Greenway is along for the ride. Given Greenways history of having to be reminded what his one trick is every year what’s he going to be like knowing he’s locked in for three. He seems to be a high maintenance player from a coach’s standpoint when he should be anything but.

tswoboda

I can get on board with a $3m AAV. Wonder if there isn’t some “you can’t be paid more than Moose” sentiment in there. Hopefully the term ends up at 3 years, and not 2. 3 years buys a year of UFA status and obviously gets through the buyout pain. 2 years would walk him straight to UFA status at a very bad time for the Wild salary cap wise.

Biggest thing I’d like to see from Greenway is maintaining his physical game when he’s not playing with Eriksson Ek. Would also like to see him use that heavy wrist shot more often, but I don’t ever see him scoring 20 goals. He’s an underrated passer.

CaptainMusky

I don’t know. I think it’s going to depend on what else the Wild do. They sign Greenway and that whittles down even further players that hold any trade value. If rumors are true about the Wild having interest in numerous players it would seem the Wild are determined to make some sort of a deal before the deadline.

Ek and Foligno are the straws that stir the drink on that line Greenway is along for the ride. Given Greenways history of having to be reminded what his one trick is every year what’s he going to be like knowing he’s locked in for three. He seems to be a high maintenance player from a coach’s standpoint when he should be anything but.

Its also entirely possible that Greenway is traded. Rebuilding Teams typically want a player who is under control for a while. We will see, but I wouldnt be shocked if he is still moved. We all know there are going to be changes its just a matter of who and when. I think Duhaime would fill in on that line in the future quite nicely.

Ice Cap

I’ll be on Red all next weekend so I’ll miss the All Star activities unless I go to JR’s bar to watch which is possible. But my luck is always best with the evening/night bite on Red so I hate to spend it in the bar. I don’t get enough signal to stream anything but I do have the Sirus app so I can get audio I suppose.

Ice Cap

Its also entirely possible that Greenway is traded. Rebuilding Teams typically want a player who is under control for a while. We will see, but I wouldnt be shocked if he is still moved. We all know there are going to be changes its just a matter of who and when. I think Duhaime would fill in on that line in the future quite nicely.

Good point Captain. We will have to wait and see.

CaptainMusky

Biggest thing I’d like to see from Greenway is maintaining his physical game when he’s not playing with Eriksson Ek. Would also like to see him use that heavy wrist shot more often, but I don’t ever see him scoring 20 goals. He’s an underrated passer.

100%, we quickly forget that he led the team in assists last year. He has a bruiser of a wrister that is for sure.

CaptainMusky

The GREEF Line hasnt given up a 5×5 goal all season I believe.

Russo confirmed it. When together they have gone 185 minutes of 5 on 5 hockey without allowing a goal. The next closest trio is like 80 minutes. That is amazing.

tswoboda

Russo confirmed it. When together they have gone 185 minutes of 5 on 5 hockey without allowing a goal. The next closest trio is like 80 minutes. That is amazing.

Here you go

Attachments:
    1. GREEF.png

tswoboda

A 3×3 would make Greenway a very attractive trade target. They could have got a king’s ransom from the Rangers last off-season when they massively overpaid for Goodrow, Blais, and Reavo all because Tom Wilson ragdolled Panarin. But does Billy G face some future consequences for trading a player after they sign a fair or team-friendly deal? I would think other players might get hesitant to sign a similar contract if they see a buddy get traded after doing so. He’s signed some great deals with Hartman and Foligno, and we’d all love to see that trend continue.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Lapanta must still have Wine Cork Vision, constantly mistaking players the past few games…

Yes, he had Boldy scoring a brilliant goal and he and Lou were heaping praise on Boldy’s patience with the puck. Then Ek skated to the bench and high-fived everyone…

Rask is just a pro. Amazing how often he just shows up and ends up on the score sheet. Keep getting scoring out of guys like Rask and we’ll do just fine.

Ripjiggen

Rask more than likely is back in the press box by next game when Sturm and Moose return. Probably gets second seat in press box when Bjugstad returns.

tswoboda

Rask more than likely is back in the press box by next game when Sturm and Moose return. Probably gets second seat in press box when Bjugstad returns.

Rask to Iowa when Bjugy is back, provided everyone is healthy. Taxi Squads are done after the all-star break.

CaptainMusky

Its good to have him though. He doesnt really make a lot of mental mistakes and just goes about his business which speaks volumes. I am just happy he’s not the guy between Zucc and Kaprizov.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I keep hearing Wild trade rumors for JT Miller accross all of the rumor websites and twitter accounts… I just don’t see it, GMBG isn’t going to pay the premium for JT (likely 1st and other pick, top prospects like a Addison or Lambos and Beckman) and the extra year on his deal forcing him to figure out who between Fiala & Dumba is gone and potentially extended long term after next year?

Having JT also shuts out Rossi next year if he plays center for the Wild…You’re not going to mess with Hartman or Ek’s line and you’re not putting Rossi on the 4th line.

UNLESS GMBG’s plan with Miller is to trade Fiala this offseason, then Miller plays his wing spot next season with Rossi and Boldy and GMBG just kicks the can down the road another year until it’s time to figure out what to do with Miller long term at the deadline….

The best bet is to try and get either Pavelski or Giroux, they are both team first guys, both great on draws and both right handed shots so they could plug directly in on the powerplay. They both have NMC’s so it will be upto them where they get traded to (Giroux’s is full, Pavelski’s is only a 3 team no trade list)…I can’t see them costing more than a 1st round pick and maybe a mid-level prospect…

CaptainMusky

I dont really think Miller is a good option either for all the same reasons. Pavelski is from the area and we all know how we love the “one of us” aspect.

Ripjiggen

Miller a cheaper option than Fiala for next year? Doesn’t inhibit Rossi at all IMO. JT can play wing just fine and have the flexibility for Rossi to do the same. If they trade for Miller you can bet that Fiala is gone.

I just don’t see how they make it work financially this year without sending someone from the big club back to Vancouver.
    Freddie Hockey?
    Rask?

CaptainMusky

Miller a cheaper option than Fiala for next year? Doesn’t inhibit Rossi at all IMO. JT can play wing just fine and have the flexibility for Rossi to do the same. If they trade for Miller you can bet that Fiala is gone.

That would make sense then I guess.

JoeMX1825
    MN

The other thing to think about in terms of what GMBG is willing to spend on a rental is that outside of Adam Beckman, the Wild has ZERO legit WING prospects in their foreseable future. We will likely have 2 x 2nd round draft picks this year, but one of them will be the very last pick in the 2nd round (compensation for not signing Phillip Johansson)

So Judd is going to need some ammo to get some legit Wing prospects in the stable for 3-4 years down the road when the Zuccarello’s and Foligno’s are at the end of their careers…

Perhaps the thinking is that the return for trading Fiala or Dumba will help with that? Who knows….

Ripjiggen

The other thing to think about in terms of what GMBG is willing to spend on a rental is that outside of Adam Beckman, the Wild has ZERO legit WING prospects in their foreseable future. We will likely have 2 x 2nd round draft picks this year, but one of them will be the very last pick in the 2nd round (compensation for not signing Phillip Johansson)

So Judd is going to need some ammo to get some legit Wing prospects in the stable for 3-4 years down the road when the Zuccarello’s and Foligno’s are at the end of their careers…

Perhaps the thinking is that the return for trading Fiala or Dumba will help with that? Who knows….

I don’t look to deep into say left wing. Especially 3-4 years down the road. It certainly doesn’t have to be someone from this draft. If you can play forward and left wing has the open spot that is where they will play. Not that hard of a transition to switch sides or move from center to wing.

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>

That would make sense then I guess.

Just talking out loud here. You are kind of in the same predicament come next season with both though being on expiring contracts.

CaptainMusky

Greenway deal announced. 3yr, $9M ($3M per).

JoeMX1825
    MN

i’m just saying Wing in general, left or right makes no difference…the more I see Marat play, the more I see him at Wing vs center…So outside of Beckman and maybe Marat, we have no wing prospects in our pool…that will need to be addressed and just playing the percentages, 1st round picks are the best bet…. and no “but Kirill was a 5th round pick” yes, we finally had our draft pick lightning strike after 21 years as a franchise, don’t expect it to happen again very soon…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Greenway deal announced. 3yr, $9M ($3M per).

Glad its a good aav and they didn’t give up on him, but also didn’t sign him super long term…if he figures out how to play every night, the kid can dominate…

Hartman’s gotta feel a little sour about his deal…

hop307
    Northern Todd County

The boys at cap friendly are on the ball they already have Greenways new contract extension added.

Ripjiggen

I hear you Joe I guess I am just saying that they have at least three drafts to find some wing help. Easiest position to draft IMO is wing. Plus those contracts come off so either that money is going to current players or FA’s.

Ripjiggen

According to whoever puts these together Greenway Market value is 4.7🤷‍♂️

Attachments:
    1. C7BE3003-E9A9-468E-86F2-B3B7F9686958.jpeg

JoeMX1825
    MN

Kaapo keeps playing himself into a big pay raise next year too…obviously his deal will need to overlap Talbot as Wallstedt likely won’t be ready to take over starter duties for another 2-3 years… Does GMBG look to move Talbot this offseason as a way to ease the pain of Kaapo’s new deal, Kaapo then gets the crease for 2-3 years?

Viewing 30 posts - 2,941 through 2,970 (of 7,208 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.