2022 MN WILD/NHL THREAD

• lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Bally or NHL Network tonight

Are you saying I can watch on NHL network even if I don’t have Bally tonight?

CaptainMusky

I believe so. Its nationally televised on NHL Network by their broadcasters. They will also be airing the retirement ceremony prior, but Bally will not.

Ice Cap

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>lindyrig79 wrote:</div>

I believe so. Its nationally televised on NHL Network by their broadcasters. They will also be airing the retirement ceremony prior, but Bally will not.

Good news that all the pomp and circumstance is prior. I was thinking we weren’t going to see puck drop until about 8:45!

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Looking at the Guide on my TV it does say unavailable in your area when I click on NHL network. Guess we’ll see…

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

Love when they sing the national anthem the correct way!!

Ok carry on. Back to hockey.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Yeah let’s pay 24……. roll

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Slowest they’ve looked in a long time.

AK Guy

Good God Dumba

Every game there’s a shift where that is true. Frustrating considering he’s a professional.

Ripjiggen

Fiala is hot right now.

Ripjiggen

Let’s go! Kind of thought Rangers would come out hot in first while we would be a bit sluggish.

Not going lie like listening to sweet Lou on the local broadcast.
    Just called a ranger player a joke. jester

Ripjiggen

Sheesh! Mackinnon has a facial fracture and a concussion. The hit didnt look good, but I didnt expect a fracture. I guess he did break his stick over his face. Good thing it wasnt an old Sherwood.

Yeah saw pics on the net. Nose was definitely broken. jester
    Kind of thought he looked concussed just by the way he fell his body was kind of limp.

CaptainMusky

The 2 goals the rangers have were both dirty goals. Gaudreau just doesn’t have it.down to the third let’s go boys and yes I’m on tape delay LOL beer run

JoeMX1825
    MN

Dont say it… Gaudrea is terrible… he’s shooting like 2% one was bound to go in….

Boldy is dancing out there!

Ripjiggen

Nice work Muskie. Freddie hockey with a rocket.
    Agree though upgrading his spot would make this team pretty deep.

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

If only he shot more pucks in his backyard in the summer..

JoeMX1825
    MN

Hartman just cant stop himself from taking a dumb penalty every few games…

Ripjiggen

If only he shot more pucks in his backyard in the summer..

Ha…not sure if that is a becoming wild reference or not.

That is the thing he actually has a good shot and a little bit of hands to his game.
    Dude just can’t net.
    And just kind of disappears in the ozone.

AK Guy

Listening to Sweet Lou say Shesterkin makes me miss the days when he would say Carson Soucy.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

This team just responds. So much fun. Boldy and Fiala are really starting to feed off each other.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Great win after one of their worst first periods of the year. How about the turn around the mat Zucc has made after year one with the Wild? Sure playing with KK has a lot to do with it but the guy is just incredible. 6 multipoint games in a row.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Great win after one of their worst first periods of the year. How about the turn around the mat Zucc has made after year one with the Wild? Sure playing with KK has a lot to do with it but the guy is just incredible. 6 multipoint games in a row.

He wasn’t healthy his first season here, but playing with Kirill revitalized his career for sure…

Ripjiggen

Good win. Cam was solid. Good to see.

Great to see Brodin back.
    Goligoski was good.

The king was in the ranger broadcast booth and was asked about Zucc.
    King responds yeah don’t let that guy score. And less than 3 seconds he scored.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Yeah that was awesome. It wasn’t even three seconds. He barely finished saying score.

Ice Cap

Another night where Kaprizov is barely visible but you look up and he’s on the scoreboard. Boldy was the best player on the ice for the Wild much of the time. The kid has got some hands and he shoots the puck. If I’m Gaudreau I’m looking to pay the NHL to deep six that video of his penalty shot. That was horrible!

Wonder how long Evason will leave Kaapo on the bench now that Talbot played rather well. Dumba is just a turn over machine. It’s not that he just loses the puck but it seems every time he does it’s a A+ scoring chance for the other team. Fiala is just working his a$$ off. At least he’s pumping up his trade value. A good win for the home boys in a game where you could understand if they lost. The fans were stoked and the Rangers were motivated after all the King Hank hoopla.

Brent Siebenaler

This team is actually fun to watch again. Amazing what dumping overpaid lazy vets will do for a squad.

Sad thing is I don’t know how they keep things together once the hit from buying out the country club boys really hits next year.

JoeMX1825
    MN

This team is actually fun to watch again. Amazing what dumping overpaid lazy vets will do for a squad.

Sad thing is I don’t know how they keep things together once the hit from buying out the country club boys really hits next year.

it’s not that bad…we’ll have players on ELC’s or low $ prove it deals filling most of the gaps… but it will cost us either Fiala or Dumba and likely 2 of 3 (Greenway, Sturm & Kahkonen). You can’t eat $12-$15 in capspace and not have some sacrifices….
    We have guys who can replace them though and the core is intact for years…

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

It’s just unbelievable that we have a team that can go up against firepower like the Rangers have in Panarin, Kreider, Zibanejad, etc. Then go down by 2 goals in the first and the Wild are like, “We got them right where we want them.”

Hit the dressing room, fire up the espresso machine, everybody’s now out of bed and awake for the last 2 periods, it’s a win. Simples. How could I have doubted them… Like what kind of MN sports team DOES that? No panic, no over-reaching, no pushing too hard at the wrong times (not much, anyway),

The GREEF line is just awesome to watch. Greenway is so much more engaged this year on that line, I have to think playing with Foligno got through to him about playing heavy and with higher battle levels.

It’s just so much fun watching this team. There isn’t an NHL team that can just steamroll the Wild like in years past. The Wild are in every game for 60 minutes or more. Love it.

Viewing 30 posts - 2,881 through 2,910 (of 7,208 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.