2022 MN WILD/NHL THREAD

• mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>
    Sounds like the Oilers are nearing a deal to sign Evander Kane. Not sure how I feel about this. Its unclear however if he faces any further discipline from the league.

Desperate franchise with desperate GM. Personally I couldn’t care less if EKane is in the NHL as long as he’s not a member of the Wild.

I’m holding to the $6.5m AAV ceiling for Dumba long term. Maybe more if he does hit the UFA market. His offense has been MIA for 3 years, and those are the numbers that get him paid. Someone remind me of this post 18 months from now, or maybe don’t whistling

That’s my issue with him. He’s not a bad player but we paid him on his offense, not defense, and that is not in his game anymore. Do we really want to get stuck paying him like a 10-15 goal scorer when he hasn’t scored more than 7 goals or more than 8 PP points in the last 3 seasons? I’d much rather pay a player like Fiala who we know can score, as streaky as he is.

Ripjiggen

No and they probably won’t. They have plenty of time to work on extension or move him. Hell they have up until the deadline of next year if they feel they can get a return.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Dang…Zegras scored on a super smooth Michigan tonight…

Ice Cap

Dang…Zegras scored on a super smooth Michigan tonight…

Wasn’t that a Lacrosse goal? I thought Michigan was when he tosses it over the net from the back and someone else knocks it in. I don’t know if I care to see players start to try all these gimmick type goals all the time. It’s one of those things that could get to be too much and take away from the game imo. KK tried the between the legs goal a couple times and it hasen’t worked. He is going to try the Lacrosse or Michigan or whatever here sooner or later. Last time he tried that between the legs shot he could have easily kept that puck on his forehand and top shelfed from it from the side of the net.

Ripjiggen

Oh have a little fun already.
    No Michigan was a lacrosse style goal.

Ice Cap

Oh have a little fun already.
    No Michigan was a lacrosse style goal.

Yeah I get it it adds a wow factor and most fans probably like it. I’m a little old school. I just see where it could get a bit outlandish after awhile. The shootout can be bad enough at times.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Wait until the Allstar game skills competition next weekend, the NHL is bringing in the Youtube guys that do all of the stickhandling tricks to “inspire” the NHL guys in the shootout competition…

It’s only a matter of time until some of those crazy moves will be attempted in game. I’m fine with it, if you can pull it off and score then go for it, but if you repeatedly miss it your teammates and coaches will tell you to “knock that $hit off!”

The original “michigan” done by Mike Legg against the gophers was done standing still and as soon as players bent down to curl the puck everyone knew what was happening, the modern version done by Svetchnimov and others is a great hockey play and much more elusive because they angle their stick to slide the puck up on their blade while skating behind the net, it will take a heads up defenseman to cut them off back post and put them into the front row seats before players think twice about doing it.

JoeMX1825
    MN

JT Miller with 3 goals and an Assist last night, all of the names that are rumored to be the hot trade pieces at the deadline sure are helping thier current teams by playing so well lately!

It’s amazing that all of the teams ahead of the Wild continue to at least get 1 point every game, thank god the Wild are also playing so well or they’de be a quite a big hole…

Ice Cap

it will take a heads up defenseman to cut them off back post and put them into the front row seats before players think twice about doing it.

That may be the upside of it. Defenseman get embarassed enough by these gimmick goals and start knocking people on their a$$ instead of giving them all this skating room and time to do this stuff. I remember watching the Russian Red Army team perform a play where the Russian puck handler carried the puck behind the net at speed and had the goalie entirely convinced he was going to wrap around the other side. what the goalie didn’t see was the other Russian skater come from the other side behind the net. The two Russians exchanged the puck seamlessly behind the net. The goalie followed the original skater to the other side of the net. The second Russian skater came out with the puck on the other side to a completely wide open net. He paused for just a split second and just tapped it in. Never seen that play attempted before or since.

Ripjiggen

I guess I am old school to. Don’t think of it as a gimmick goal but high skill goal. If you don’t like it stop it.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Brodin not on the injury sheet today. Great game to get him back for.

JoeMX1825
    MN

outside of unjuries which we obviously can’t predict, the only thing to worry about now is Covid tests before traveling into Canada and any positive tests will likely equate to that player missing 2-3 games based on our condensed schedule for the last few months of the season…I think we have about 8-9 guys who already fall into the previous 90 day infection group, but not our top offensive guys…

CaptainMusky

I guess I am old school to. Don’t think of it as a gimmick goal but high skill goal. If you don’t like it stop it.

I agree, its not a gimmic goal and this goal is much higher skill than the Michigan. This is the Granlund which since we are in flyover country and no one ever cares about our players didnt get much run until Svechnikov did it.

CaptainMusky

So King Henrik ceremony tonight. Will be an emotional game for Zuccarello since those two were buds. Im guessing this is nationally televised? Havent looked at the guide yet.

JoeMX1825
    MN

You score a goal like that in a game like that and they turn it into a national stamp )

Ripjiggen

Oh remember the hype of Granny when he was drafted?

CaptainMusky

Oh remember the hype of Granny when he was drafted?

The hype around him and some of the other young guys was unreal. I remember TennaB on KFAN calling them the “Skatriots” because they were going to win multiple Stanley Cups with those guys.

CaptainMusky

You score a goal like that in a game like that and they turn it into a national stamp )

The look of disgust on the goalie’s face is hilarious. If looks could kill. I remember when Legg did his goal, was it on Kellen Briggs? Man, he looked so damn confused.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Bally or NHL Network tonight

JoeMX1825
    MN

Talbot starting tonight, so I guess his tweak wasn’t much the other game…

CaptainMusky

Jets are burning ELC year 1 for Perfetti. That Oh Hi Tony is spouting off about how the Wild should do this for Rossi. Man he has had some bad takes lately. I didnt see enough from Rossi in those 2 games to warrant him playing and I have no aspirations to burn that 1st year unless they have NO other options.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Jets are burning ELC year 1 for Perfetti. That Oh Hi Tony is spouting off about how the Wild should do this for Rossi. Man he has had some bad takes lately. I didnt see enough from Rossi in those 2 games to warrant him playing and I have no aspirations to burn that 1st year unless they have NO other options.

Byfield just played his 10th game as well…

CaptainMusky

Byfield just played his 10th game as well…

Makes sense IMO for those two teams since they are really nowhere near playoff chances.

CaptainMusky

Sheesh! Mackinnon has a facial fracture and a concussion. The hit didnt look good, but I didnt expect a fracture. I guess he did break his stick over his face. Good thing it wasnt an old Sherwood.

CaptainMusky

Back to Carter. Check out the Posted Up Series with Ryan Carter on Youtube. They recently did a 2 part one where they made some Russian Food and served it to Kulilov and Kaprizov. Kaprizov spoke English almost the entire time and it was utterly hilarious when they served them Tator Tot Hotdish. They were throwing in all the traditional Minnesota sayings. LOL

JoeMX1825
    MN

Back to Carter. Check out the Posted Up Series with Ryan Carter on Youtube. They recently did a 2 part one where they made some Russian Food and served it to Kulilov and Kaprizov. Kaprizov spoke English almost the entire time and it was utterly hilarious when they served them Tator Tot Hotdish. They were throwing in all the traditional Minnesota sayings. LOL

yeah, it was pretty good, funny to see the other players eating in the background like school kids… oh the life of a pro athlete… Love that Kirill took home the leftover Borsht…

Attachments:
    1. FC256FAA-9236-4608-A880-7D989117F84E.jpeg

JoeMX1825
    MN

Sheesh! Mackinnon has a facial fracture and a concussion. The hit didnt look good, but I didnt expect a fracture. I guess he did break his stick over his face. Good thing it wasnt an old Sherwood.

Anybody know how Hartman finished in that last player in vote for the ASG? If MacKinnon can’t play, maybe Hartman gets in?

CaptainMusky

I havent seen any results posted just those 4 players that got in.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Adam Fox out tonight for the Rangers… that helps…

Viewing 30 posts - 2,851 through 2,880 (of 7,208 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.