2022 MN WILD/NHL THREAD

• CaptainMusky

Giroux has the highest cap hit of all 3 of them.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

We happen to have ESPN+ but can’t watch the games at home since it’s blacked out. I happen to be in Florida right now and thinking/hoping we can stream the Wild tonight.

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>
    Disagree. I don’t think anyone is saying give up the farm for a rental center. You can’t just live on draft picks forever either.

I said “a center we can reasonably expect to get.” And you disagree.

So what centermen are you predicting will be available to the Wild and what it the price we’re going to be willing to pay?

The problem I see is that the Wild’s need at center is well-known and teams will be looking to take the Wild to the cleaners based on their belief that this is a playoff team on the “win now” train with very limited options. The supply is low and the Wild’s demand is perceived to be very high = Pprce ^^^^^.

Hertl. Not even sure the Wild have cap space to make his $5.6 M salary work without moving multiple roster players and the Sharks would be insane if they didn’t also demand high round picks. Multiple picks. Boy, the Wild would have to treat this like an “all in” move and I can’t see them going there.

Giroux/Pavelski – Sure, possible. But I think the Wild’s perceived need will drive these two players to be priced beyond what the Wild should be willing to pay for either of them as a rental.

Deadline trades for players with contract left? Can’t see who this would involve, if there was a team looking to move a prime centerman what were the Wild waiting for?

Good cherry pick almost as good as Spehar.

I don’t favor any trades and IMO guys are expecting way too much out of any center that we’d reasonably expect to get on a deadline trade anyway.

I totally disagree with not favoring any trade. Would have no problem giving up a first this year or prospect to aquire.

JoeMX1825
    MN

We happen to have ESPN+ but can’t watch the games at home since it’s blacked out. I happen to be in Florida right now and thinking/hoping we can stream the Wild tonight.

I would think if your IP address is FL based you shouldn’t have a problem.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Jack McBain made Canada’s Olympic team, will be fun to watch another Wild prospect in the Olympics. Sam Hentges (Center for SCSU) is on Team USA.

For those not familiar, McBain is a 6’4” Center for BC that was one of the NCAA scoring leaders this season before he missed some games due to injury. We drafted him like 5 years ago and he has really found his game in his senior season. It will be interesting to see if GMBG can get him signed vs Jack pulling a “Blake Wheeler” and wait a few months and become a FA to sign anywhere.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>lindyrig79 wrote:</div>

I would think if your IP address is FL based you shouldn’t have a problem.

Yep… looks like we’re watching tonight!!

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

Kaprizov’s ring around the Rosie is comical sometimes. It’s so fast but looks like it is in slow motion.

tswoboda

I think KK broke the sound barrier circling the zone there. Didn’t really turn into much but holy cow it looked like he was in fast forward and every one else in real time.

GREEF line dominating.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

This line is just insane.

All three of them feed off each other. Just an awesome line.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I think KK broke the sound barrier circling the zone there. Didn’t really turn into much but holy cow it looked like he was in fast forward and every one else in real time.

I worry one of these times someone is going to line him up and bury him. Hopefully it doesn’t happen.

KK almost cashed that between the legs shot.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Greenway in Beastmode tonight, I love that he’s getting in EVERY scrum pushing guys around.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Love it Dumba! Hopefully it gives the D a shot in the arm! For as good as the forwards are playing our D have given up too many chances tonight…

CaptainMusky

Love it Dumba! Hopefully it gives the D a shot in the arm! For as good as the forwards are playing our D have given up too many chances tonight…

Yeah it could inject something but I thought it was irresponsible to do what he did.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Not sure a player has EVER got 4 minutes for embellishment, but that guy deserved 4…

tswoboda

I woulda gave him 14 minutes. 4 minutes for embarrassing himself and 10 for being an embarrassment to the game. Worst dives I’ve seen since Esa Lindell in the playoffs 3 years ago.

tswoboda

Friendly reminder the Montreal Canadiens won the western conference finals trophy last year…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Friendly reminder the Montreal Canadiens won the western conference finals trophy last year…

was just about to say the same thing, actually had to look it up to make sure I didnt get my covid years goofed up.

Just shows how much Carey Price carried them through the playoffs.

CaptainMusky

This team is so bad, 8 wins and Caufield isn’t in the lineup what does that day?

JoeMX1825
    MN

Damn I love the character of this team! Hartman taking on The Beast Anderson sticking up for Spurg…

Just need to replace Goudreau and I like our chances

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’m hoping Foligno teaches Anderson a lesson in the third. He’s been giving everyone he hits an extra shot tonight.

Anyone hear Dewars intermission interview??? Didn’t know Alex Peric was on our team…..

CaptainMusky

Peric!? LOL but I agree he sounded just like him.

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

Chirp Fiala. He gets hot.
    Chirp Sturm. He scores.
    Chirp Benn. He scores.
    Chirp Freddy. Mayybe he’ll heat up too.

tswoboda

Foligno or Dumba might get sussy’d for that fight. 2 on 1 and a borderline sucker punch from Foligno. End of game fights are a big no no.

Habs guy definitely had it coming though.

CaptainMusky

LOL Foligno just smoked Dumba inadvertantly

tswoboda

Chirp Fiala. He gets hot.
    Chirp Sturm. He scores.
    Chirp Benn. He scores.
    Chirp Freddy. Mayybe he’ll heat up too.

Don’t forget about Pitlick!

Solid reverse jinxes night from the great hockey minds of IDO, but even we couldn’t buy Freddy Hockey a goal.

Ice Cap

Jordie Benn finds the back of the net! Addison won’t see the NHL ice the rest of they year! jester

CaptainMusky

Solid reverse jinxes night from the great hockey minds of IDO, but even we couldn’t buy Freddy Hockey a goal.

I said it before from watching the Becoming Wild of him, he bragged about how much he practices shooting, but we rarely see him shoot. He had one somewhat decent change from a not great angle last night. Similar angle to the one Boldy sniped. He needs to shoot more.

CaptainMusky

Apparently Talbot tweaked his injury and was taken out. I kind of suspected that when it was was a blowout that he was pulled for reaggravating his injury. Hope he gets that straightened out. Lower body issues are no good for goalies. At least Kahkonnen has been playing stout.

CaptainMusky

Its kind of surprising this Montreal team was the same one that took the Avs to OT (lost) just 2 nights before. Man this league leaves you wondering sometimes.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Its kind of surprising this Montreal team was the same one that took the Avs to OT (lost) just 2 nights before. Man this league leaves you wondering sometimes.

Not having Price, Weber, Dandenoux does make a difference too…

Viewing 30 posts - 2,671 through 2,700 (of 7,208 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.