2022 MN WILD/NHL THREAD

• Ripjiggen

Who is 1 and 2 at this point shouldn’t matter. With the amount of games in the back half they are going to need both goalies. It would be foolish to roll with a primarily 1 goalie operation.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I just meant Kaapo shouldn’t automatically get pulled out just because Cam is ready…

Kaapo has been shutting down some serious offenses lately…

Imo Cam has something to prove when he gets back in the groove… He’s been mostly relying on our own scoring for his success this year… both goalies putting pressure on each other is a good thing…

CaptainMusky

Spurgeon back, Addison odd man out and Kahkonnen gets the start. Not a fan of bumping Addison and keeping Benn. He had a great game last night.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Spurgeon back, Addison odd man out and Kahkonnen gets the start. Not a fan of bumping Addison and keeping Benn. He had a great game last night.

wondering if the coaches are expecting a much more physical/crash the net style of game from the Hawks after getting embarrassed last night? Benn’s size will be more valuable then???

If that’s not it then I don’t have a clue because his 3rd D pairing icetime includes PP1 time added to it, so its not an excuse that he wouldn’t get sufficient ice…

Ice Cap

I don’t follow other teams as closely but is there any other team who has high level performing prospects that keeps them at arms length like the Wild?

JoeMX1825
    MN

Why oh why is Goudreau on the powerplay? Its just mind boggling… GMBG has to talk some sense into Deano about his love affair with him…

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

Clockwork

JoeMX1825
    MN

This team just has a no die attitude, its pretty unreal how they are maintaining this come from behind magic… How do you take Kaapo out right now? He’s locked in and saving games!

Ripjiggen

If they don’t try and trade for a center and try and make a run I will be very disappointed.
    Almost as disappointed as a packer fan..
    Sorry that was too easy.

Ice Cap

If they don’t try and trade for a center and try and make a run I will be very disappointed.
    Sorry that was too easy.

There is going to be some talent leaving after this year. Fiala and or Dumba at the least. My guess Fiala for sure and we will most likely overpay Dumba for too many years. Can we expect Hartman, Gologoski, Kulikov and some others to repeat next year what they are doing this year? Problem is any decent center is going to come at a steep price by the trade deadline. What’s BG going to be willing to give up?

Any trade value lies in Fiala or Dumba. Do we want to move either of them during the season? Greenway may get you a little return and Rask is going to get you nothing. I almost feel it’s worth burning a year of Rossi’s contract to bring him up and let him settle into the NHL game before the playoffs. Rossi keeps saying the Wild doctors saved his life maybe he feels he owes them a solid and won’t hold them up for a big contract when he knows they can’t come up with the $$. I’d say it’s a discussion worth having with him.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I think GMBG will make a trade for a center like Gerioux or Pavelski come the deadline… it will cost a late 1st or 2nd rounder+ but this is his only chance in the next 4 seasons to do something at the trade deadline and he has a team thats worthy of the draft pick(s) sacrifice this year.

Obviously alot can happen in the next 6+ weeks before the deadline so we’ll wait and see. It wouldn’t surprise me to see GMBG pull the trigger BEFORE the deadline as I think we have the capspace now and Boldy & Fiala need someone between them asap…

I don’t see the Wild trading any of its players unless the offer is unbelievable… They’ll do any trades in the offseason before the draft…

I don’t see them doing anything with Rossi other than giving him some more NHL games (no more than 9) at the end of the season if we have our playoff slot locked in and can rest some guys a few games. His 3 year ELC slide is too important to burn and he didnt look ready the few games he did play a few weeks ago so spending more time in the AHL is legit.

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>
    Sorry that was too easy.

There is going to be some talent leaving after this year. Fiala and or Dumba at the least. My guess Fiala for sure and we will most likely overpay Dumba for too many years. Can we expect Hartman, Gologoski, Kulikov and some others to repeat next year what they are doing this year? Problem is any decent center is going to come at a steep price by the trade deadline. What’s BG going to be willing to give up?

Any trade value lies in Fiala or Dumba. Do we want to move either of them during the season? Greenway may get you a little return and Rask is going to get you nothing. I almost feel it’s worth burning a year of Rossi’s contract to bring him up and let him settle into the NHL game before the playoffs. Rossi keeps saying the Wild doctors saved his life maybe he feels he owes them a solid and won’t hold them up for a big contract when he knows they can’t come up with the $$. I’d say it’s a discussion worth having with him.

They wouldn’t be trading anyone on current roster. It would be future’s.
    We will have to wait and see.

CaptainMusky

If the Wild ever win the cup and evason is the coach someone will be seriously hurt on the coaching staff! LOL

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I have never seen or heard of anything like this run the Wild have with scoring tying goals with the goalie pulled. It is unbelievable and I’m sure I’m like everybody else, I keep expecting it to come to an end.

Has anyone heard what the NHL record is for scoring with the goalie pulled? I have to believe the wild are fast approaching it.

Justin riegel

If the Wild ever win the cup and evason is the coach someone will be seriously hurt on the coaching staff! LOL

My wife and I were saying that this morning. The guy is scarier when he is happy, not sure how that is possible.

Ice Cap

Has anyone read what Clark Gilles died from? Pretty young man at 67. I don’t remember hearing he was battling cancer or covid. I’ve read a number of articles but no mention of anything.

CaptainMusky

Has anyone read what Clark Gilles died from? Pretty young man at 67. I don’t remember hearing he was battling cancer or covid. I’ve read a number of articles but no mention of anything.

Apparently his wife said it was cancer. He must have been quiet about his battle because I agree never heard a thing.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Why oh why is Goudreau on the powerplay? Its just mind boggling… GMBG has to talk some sense into Deano about his love affair with him…

Because Greenway looked just as lost in his place.

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

Gotta admit, I love his enthusiasm!! But yeah, Darby better keep his distance if that cup ever comes to fruition. lol

CaptainMusky

Gotta admit, I love his enthusiasm!! But yeah, Darby better keep his distance if that cup ever comes to fruition. lol

I love it too! He jumped into Darby’s arms and his feet were dangling then he assaulted the rest of the staff! LOL

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

The morning show played a post game quote from Evason and he said “my son showed me a video of it and I jumped right into Darby’s arms. He kept holding me though, my legs were dangling in the air, it wasn’t like I wanted to be kept in that situation”

rotflol He’s hilarious.

CaptainMusky

The morning show played a post game quote from Evason and he said “my son showed me a video of it and I jumped right into Darby’s arms. He kept holding me though, my legs were dangling in the air, it wasn’t like I wanted to be kept in that situation”

rotflol He’s hilarious.

I really liked Boudreau, but Evason is quickly making me forget about him. He has so much passion and fire. Love it.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I have a feeling Kirill has a 4-5 point game tonight….

AK Guy

I really liked Boudreau, but Evason is quickly making me forget about him. He has so much passion and fire. Love it.
    [/quote]

And he’s not afraid to play guys that are playing well regardless of their contract.

CaptainMusky

And he’s not afraid to play guys that are playing well regardless of their contract.

Amen! And look who he played in OT the other night and they delivered (greenway and foligno)! When asked about it he said he did it because they were “Fresh”.

CaptainMusky

I have a feeling Kirill has a 4-5 point game tonight….

Is Kaprizov really on pace for over 100 pts? 1.3pts per game as it sits right now. He would destroy the team record if he keeps at this pace.

tswoboda

Because Greenway looked just as lost in his place.

I’m convinced that Greenway’s Jekyl/Hyde syndrome is 100% based of whether or not he’s playing with Ek. It’s like some mental blockage that only gets bypassed when he’s on the ice with JEEK. He was a ghost to start the year when Ek was with KK and Zuccy, then starts playing well as soon as GREEF line is reunited. Disappeared a few games again when Ek was hurt and now he’s back to beast mode when Ek returned.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Evason just has it when it comes to this team and the current players. Whatever “it” is, he’s got it. You always get guys downplaying the role of the coach with the tired old “the coach doesn’t play the games” BS that just proves you don’t get the role the coach MUST play. Evason’s doing it with this team.

Also, when the refs are blowing calls or giving “marquee players” the BS soft calls like when Kane was falling over with nobody touching him, it’s the JOB of the coach to give the refs the business. I don’t care that it doesn’t change calls, it DOES get in their heads. Yeo was such a pansy-ass when it came to this, it drove me absolutely nuts to see him standing there sipping water and muttering to the floor when his players and team just got screwed.

Just read Evason’s lips when he’s giving it to the refs and then look at all the times we’ve gotten dual calls, embellishment calls, instigator calls etc. called on the opposing teams. Calls that we NEVER got before. Look at the Kaprisov/Kane call in OT of the last game. The Wild would have gotten screwed on that call EVERY time in the past, it would have been Kaprisov only in the box. Evason’s giving it to the refs has made all the difference as to what calls we get.

In other news:

I don’t favor any trades and IMO guys are expecting way too much out of any center that we’d reasonably expect to get on a deadline trade anyway. Don’t mess with the chemistry. Also, pissing away draft picks on rentals is a terrible idea, even in the case of the Wild making a deep run and having low-round picks anyway. For once the Wild have a draft brain trust that can make something out of every pick, so trading them off is the wrong move.

Ripjiggen

To be fair I think it helps his game when his line is playing a certain way and to his strengths. Sometimes guys just play better and fit in with certain other players.
    I also think Ek has that affect on some. You kind of feel like a POS when you play with him and are not going 100percent.
    I also think Greenway is most effective when he gets into a skirmish or two early. Ek and Foligno obviously like that role.

Viewing 30 posts - 2,611 through 2,640 (of 7,208 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.