2022 MN WILD/NHL THREAD

• CaptainMusky

I saw that clip last night and i’m not sure what the problem is with the goal? (other than if another camera angle shows too many men on the ice for Buffalo?)

You’re taught in mites to pay until you hear the whistle…

Right, but there clearly appeared to be a penalty and probably offsetting ones during the melee to me. Still hilarious that the two worst teams in the NHL would have something like this happen.

JoeMX1825
    MN

This calm (5+ days between games) before the storm (40 games in 70 days) is tough to deal with but we’re almost there! Excited to finally see the full team (minus Brodin for a few more weeks) play together in what feels like months…

CaptainMusky

Yeah, these delays are excruciating! Its going to be fun to see some teams we havent played in a while too. The dreaded Hawks up first.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Thanks for posting that. I was hoping that’s what we would get out of Staal’s warm up session.

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

Looks like we’ve got some rescheduled games in February on the calendar now. So that’s positive.

CaptainMusky

Looks like we’ve got some rescheduled games in February on the calendar now. So that’s positive.

Yeah, its going to be a ridiculous amount of games so buckle up! 41 games over 77 days?!

CaptainMusky

Thanks for posting that. I was hoping that’s what we would get out of Staal’s warm up session.

He was always a consummate pro so no doubt Rossi can learn some things from him and the rest of the players as well.

JoeMX1825
    MN

He’s getting a 1C perspective education from Staal as well!

Ripjiggen

Seems like more of a made up wild love story to me.
    Both sides had a need. Iowa needed bodies in the short term when guys were brought up.
    Stall needed a place to play to try to extend his career if possible.
    Just happens that Stall is a good dude and not a Danny Heatley.

CaptainMusky

Game day boys! Getting some bodies back and more perhaps tomorrow. Things are pointing up we will need everyone back for this stretch of games through the end of the year. The games are packed in tight!

tswoboda

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>
    Danny Heatley.

Not a big fan of the Heater huh?

HA nobody loves Dany Heatley more than Dany Heatley. I think the f’n all-star Mr. 50in07 will be a legend for a long time.

Is Hartman playing tonight? Heard he was sick.

CaptainMusky

Havent heard yet if Hartman will play tonight.

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>
    Danny Heatley.

Not a big fan of the Heater huh?

Let’s just say we have some mutual friends and have hung out enough to know that TSW statement is spot on.

CaptainMusky

Let’s just say we have some mutual friends and have hung out enough to know that TSW statement is spot on.

Sounds like he’s been a bit of a recluse since retiring. Probably trying to cast away the demons from when his car crash killed a guy.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Haha. Well I don’t know him as a person so I can’t comment on his personality or character.

What I can do is comment on his career as a hockey player and the points he accrued. Which to say are quite impressive. Until he joined the Wild of course. By then he was way past his prime and over paid.

CaptainMusky

I LOL every time I see someone post this somewhere…

Attachments:
    1. D8_WCvXUEAEp7Sp.jpg

tswoboda

^^^The Rockstar Zone

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Heard Hartman didn’t practice yesterday. On Russo’s last podcast he and Nate Prosser were talking about all the Heatley stories they want to tell. Sounds like you either loved the guy or couldn’t stand him and he did a lot of crazy things off the ice.

CaptainMusky

Sounds like Hartman is in tonight. I really want to hear these stories. Sounds very intriguing. How did Heatley come up in the conversation even?

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Sounds like Hartman is in tonight. I really want to hear these stories. Sounds very intriguing. How did Heatley come up in the conversation even?

Prosser was talking about a tribute video his wife put together for his retirement and I guess guys like Heatlet and Seto were in it and Russo thought it was interesting that Prosser became friends with those two because they were a little crazy off the ice and Prosser was a pretty straight arrow.

CaptainMusky

Prosser was talking about a tribute video his wife put together for his retirement and I guess guys like Heatlet and Seto were in it and Russo thought it was interesting that Prosser became friends with those two because they were a little crazy off the ice and Prosser was a pretty straight arrow.

Ah got it. Thanks!

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

One story he did share was nobody could get on the bus before Heatley or Kenopka would grab them by the seeds. Sounds like some interesting times…….

It was a great podcast. Apparently he named the press box at the X the Prossbox and they even put a nameplate up on the door with it.

CaptainMusky

Definitely going to have to carve out some time to give it a listen! I always liked Prosser. He was the NHL’s best 7th D man for years.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Wow, Wild chase Flower out half way…boys are jumping tonight, The Ek line together again is just weighing down the Hawks every shift with body play…Addison doing his best to stay in the lineup with Spurg coming back tomorrow…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Its pretty amazing how Boldy completely changes the dynamics of the 1st powerplay as a rookie, the kid is going to be special! He’s going to make me eat my words about passing on Caufield…

Ice Cap

Kaako back in net tonight. I’m guessing we see Talbot Monday night against the Habs. Kaako has made his case to be number one goalie imo. But I’m guessing Evason goes back to Talbot.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Kaako back in net tonight. I’m guessing we see Talbot Monday night against the Habs. Kaako has made his case to be number one goalie imo. But I’m guessing Evason goes back to Talbot.

I think Deano will ride the hot goalie the rest of the year. IF we could just get a good center for the Fiala/Boldy line watch out! I really think GMBG uses a top draft pick (they’ll have the extra 2nd rounder for the Philip Johannson draft debacle) to get a rental center in the next month or so, roll the dice this season while they have the cap flexibility….

Viewing 30 posts - 2,581 through 2,610 (of 7,208 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.