2022 MN WILD/NHL THREAD

• mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Starting to think Kappo might be a guy that just needs reps to play up to his standards. He’s been pretty good every time he starts a stretch of games.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Starting to think Kappo might be a guy that just needs reps to play up to his standards. He’s been pretty good every time he starts a stretch of games.

very true! It will be interesting to see what they do with him contract wise this offseason with Wallstedt likely playing in Iowa next year….

Ripjiggen

Pretty sure they will sign kakko..he hasn’t played enough games to garner a ver big contract. Cam has one year left after this year. As good as wallstedt is I don’t see how he doesn’t play at least one year in the AHL.
    Rolling with Kakko and Wallstedt in 2 years is a good goalie problem to have.

Boys seem to have a little MOJO back.

Rask goal celebrations just make me chuckle. Just zero emotion.
    Will be nice to get Ek back and get some D back.

CaptainMusky

Sounds like Goli is off protocol so he should’ve back. hopefully Ek clears by Monday.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Pretty sure they will sign kakko..he hasn’t played enough games to garner a ver big contract. Cam has one year left after this year. As good as wallstedt is I don’t see how he doesn’t play at least one year in the AHL.
    Rolling with Kakko and Wallstedt in 2 years is a good goalie problem to have.

I agree 2-3 years is the right term, its the salary i’m not sure of…his agent knows Talbot only has a year left, so he’s not going to sign just for backup $$ value and then give them 1-2 years of starting time (assuming they dont resign Talbot)

GMBG’s plan is probably to sign whomever to short term deals while Wallstedt gets ready…

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Anybody see who scored the game winner in Iowa last night??? BRING HIM UP!!!! rotflol

In all seriousness, I hope Rossi is soaking up the time he has Staal there to learn from. Could be pretty beneficial.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Anybody see who scored the game winner in Iowa last night??? BRING HIM UP!!!! rotflol

In all seriousness, I hope Rossi is soaking up the time he has Staal there to learn from. Could be pretty beneficial.

i’m sure some free mentoring was part of the warm up for the Olympics deal he signed, Rossi scored with a few minutes left to tie it last night too!
    The kid is going to be a stud, but it was obvious from his 2 games with the Wild that he needs to play this season in Iowa… it will be interesting to see if he looks any different if they call him up for a few more games this year, his nerves should be back to normal…

CaptainMusky

Rossi is pretty clutch. He has scored game tying and winning goals multiple times this year. Great to see.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

No Ek or Spurgeon at Col. that’s a bummer. Going to be an uphill battle with those two out.

JoeMX1825
    MN

No Ek or Spurgeon at Col. that’s a bummer. Going to be an uphill battle with those two out.

i’ll gladly take an extra 5 days off for their injuries to heal for 1 game sacrifice

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Yeah it’s probably not a bad thing. Especially when they’d have to skate their a$&@# off to keep up with the Avs.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Even though we still have major pieces of our team out, todays game will be a good test to see how we compare with the Avs full squad..

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I wish one time we would play physical against the Avs…..Drives me crazy. Heckuva game so far though. Great to be tied in the 3rd and only giving up 2 goals so far. Kappo has been great.

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

We gotta have some sort of extra-attacker goals record at this point. Ridiculous.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

We’ve pulled the goalie 15 times and scored on 11 of them. Crazy. I hope we can keep playing this well when the whole roster is healthy.

Ripjiggen

Good point. Let’s get the rest of the boys back healthy now.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I think that was the first OT this year that we’ve looked kinda like the old Wild where we didn’t have a plan.

basseyes

A point is point, especially when you’re down some major pieces. Team has some grit to keep at it and grind out a point against an incredibly talented team.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Avs area REALLY good, Kaapo kept us in the game and the boys owned the last 2 periods.

JoeMX1825
    MN

not sure if the Wild had a specific gameplan to do so, but I barely noticed Cal Makar most of the game (he has a few chances here and there) but he was mitigated extremely well when we haven’t had an answer for him the last 5-6 times we’ve played the Avs…MacKinnon is just a next level talent and we better make sure Jordie Benn never sees the ice when Mac is on it…It was also very obvious we need to get alot better on faceoffs (duh!) but the Avs just worked us over on the faceoffs, especially on special teams…

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Agreed. They did a great job. I specifically remember one play late in the game where he was toeing the blue line with the puck and I was thinking, here we go, he’s going to do something ridiculous, and Duhaime poke checked it away from him to start a rush.

Another takeaway from yesterdays game for me is that I never want to see Goudreau on the ice for our team again. So many missed chances and just blah play from him yesterday.

CaptainMusky

It was also very obvious we need to get alot better on faceoffs (duh!) but the Avs just worked us over on the faceoffs, especially on special teams…

I didnt see end of game stats, but through 2 periods they were tied on faceoff wins.

Ice Cap

Foligno probably had the worst game I ever seen him play. He just seemed sluggish and not engaged. KK was less than average for most of the game then BOOM two goals each one to tie. How refreshing is it to see Fiala finally have some better than average talent to play with in Boldy. These two are going to be a duo that are going to give some teams fits going forward.

No Spurgeon, Ek or Brodin some less than stellar performances from some other players and we still walk out of Denver with a point against a Av’s team with it’s full roster pretty much intact! That’s a win in my book. I wonder if Kuemper took a dive on the brush up with Greenway. He looked awful dramatic for what it was. If it’s the league who ordered him pulled for evaluation than he overplayed himself right out of the game.

I love the Monday two o’clock start! I’m retired and tested positive Saturday so I wasn’t going anywhere all day.

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>
    It was also very obvious we need to get alot better on faceoffs (duh!) but the Avs just worked us over on the faceoffs, especially on special teams…

I didnt see end of game stats, but through 2 periods they were tied on faceoff wins.

Wild won the face off 36-32.

tswoboda

Big Kahk is still rolling. He started slow, but overall he’s been better than Talbot this season. Two years in a row that he’s been lights out when Cam is hurt. Now he just needs to carry that consistency through to when he’s the backup again.

CaptainMusky

Big Kahk is still rolling. He started slow, but overall he’s been better than Talbot this season. Two years in a row that he’s been lights out when Cam is hurt. Now he just needs to carry that consistency through to when he’s the backup again.

I agree he is very streaky and seems to thrive when he gets the net on a consistent basis. Last year he went 9-0 in that stretch of games and then fell apart when Cam came back.
    I agree Foligno did not have a very good game. The whole first period and much of the second the team seemed sluggish and sloppy but came to play in the third.
    I loved how KK97 jumped at the fan in the North Stars jersey on his tying goal.

CaptainMusky

Pronman just released his mid season 2022 Draft Update. In it he says the 2022 appears to be a “below average draft”. Hmm, this is the first I have heard that from anyone. What I had been hearing the last year plus was that 22 and 23 were perhaps the most stacked drafts since 2003. What happened?

JoeMX1825
    MN

Pronman just released his mid season 2022 Draft Update. In it he says the 2022 appears to be a “below average draft”. Hmm, this is the first I have heard that from anyone. What I had been hearing the last year plus was that 22 and 23 were perhaps the most stacked drafts since 2003. What happened?

2023 is the premier year, but 2022 draft is good, perhaps the lack of the premier tournaments and covid shutdowns impacted draft grades? Brad Lambert ranked 12th tells you its a decently good top half of a draft…

CaptainMusky

2023 is the premier year, but 2022 draft is good, perhaps the lack of the premier tournaments and covid shutdowns impacted draft grades?

Could be. We will see where the other prognosticators rank the draft classes, but generally Pronman is dang good. Wheeler is doing his annual Team Prospect Pool rankings as well. He is up to 23 today I think.

You guys see this wild ending? LOL What a joke.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I saw that clip last night and i’m not sure what the problem is with the goal? (other than if another camera angle shows too many men on the ice for Buffalo?)

You’re taught in mites to pay until you hear the whistle…

Viewing 30 posts - 2,551 through 2,580 (of 7,208 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.