2022 MN WILD/NHL THREAD

• CaptainMusky

That’s because he’s from Boston College. As far as Bucci is concerned, Boston is the college hockey holy grail and no other teams are worth mentioning. sleeping

I don’t like to rip him so much because if it wasn’t for him college hockey would never be mentioned on ESPN for years. I just don’t care for him on play by play

CaptainMusky

Addison and bjugstad in tonight. Kahk in net. Sturm and Benn in the prossbox

Ripjiggen

I like all moves.
    It’s a war of attrition at this point.
    Dewer to center I assume.

CaptainMusky

I’d guess Bjugstad but you could be right.

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

Sooooo that was a good first 7 mins.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Gigi is doing the commentating tonight. It’s already 3-0. That’s enough for me

Ice Cap

The Wild don’t deserve Fiala.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Gigi is doing the commentating tonight. It’s already 3-0. That’s enough for me

Thank god I’m driving home from fishing up north, boys are buzzing tonight!

Ripjiggen

4th line got rolling a bit tonight.
    Get through the second half without major injury. Going to need all the guys leading into the playoffs at one point. If we have to play Ben more than a game or two in the playoffs it may not be good.

JoeMX1825
    MN

4th line got rolling a bit tonight.
    Get through the second half without major injury. Going to need all the guys leading into the playoffs at one point. If we have to play Ben more than a game or two in the playoffs it may not be good.

GMBG will pickup a veteran D at the deadline for sure, I dont see Benn touching the ice during the playoffs unless we have injuries…

Ice Cap

Dumb statement… toast

Not really. When you consider the attitude the team has taken towards him the last couple years it’s a pretty fair statement. If Evason ever says anything about him it’s usually how he needs to improve his game. I don’t get the impression he’s a Guerin type player either. When he’s rolling like he is now it seems like the Wild always have a “ya but” viewpoint of him.

Yes he can be streaky and have a bad game now and again but all players particularly goal scorers like him do but the upside usually proves more valuable to the team over the long run. He gets the ire of Evason when he turns the puck over. KK turns the puck over, Dumba certainly turns the puck over isn’t a member on the team that doesn’t but you will never hear Evason comment on them.

Guerin comes out and publicly states Kevin is the kind of guy you have to keep motivated as the reason for not giving him a contract and taking him to arbitration. They’ve been trying to keep Greenway motivated for five years but he gets a three year extension.

Maybe a better way to put it is Fiala is entirely under appreciated by the Wild but that’s really saying the same thing.

JoeMX1825
    MN

With Rask actually sent to Iowa, Russo seems convinced the Wild plan to sign Jack McBain once BC’s season is over (they’re likely to loose early in the ncaa playoffs) sounds like the writing is on the wall that Sturm has no future here… Dewar looked just fine playing center last night..

Does GMBG take an offer for Sturm at the deadline if he gets any? Not expecting much in return (4th/5th round pick?) but a team with little depth (Ottawa/Seattle/Arizona) could use a competent bottom 6 center, Wild gets something back before losing him for nothing to FA.

Ice Cap

Sounds like Rask was rattled by clearing waivers and then being sent to Iowa. So much so that BG told him to take a few days off and get his stuff together. Has he actually reported to Iowa yet?

Ripjiggen

He hasn’t but is expected to.

Let’s be honest though Icecap. The wilds priority this past off season was KK. He kind of held up any other major significant signing. They could not offer Fiala long term with so many unknowns in the hopper. Frankly why would they when he was arb eligible and they could extend him that way and push any long term out another year.
    Think of what people would have been saying when he had one goal in 25 games or whatever it was.
    Does he stay here longer. I don’t know going to be hard to keep everyone.

tswoboda

Is it safe to talk about trading Zuccy this summer? Or too soon? His 10-team no trade list kicks in July 1, or whenever free agency opens.

I love Zuccy (now) but he’s 10 years older than Fiala and on pace to beat his career best point total by 30. If they’re going to lose Fiala, moving Zuccy at least has be on the table. Kirill may put a hit out on Billy G if it happens.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Is it safe to talk about trading Zuccy this summer? Or too soon? His 10-team no trade list kicks in July 1, or whenever free agency opens.

I love Zuccy (now) but he’s 10 years older than Fiala and on pace to beat his career best point total by 30. If they’re going to lose Fiala, moving Zuccy at least has be on the table. Kirill may put a hit out on Billy G if it happens.

and here I was thinking what they do when his contract is up in a few years and Kirill still has 2 years left, need to keep him happy, sounds like Zuccy is his only “family” here in MN. No way they trade him and his production with Kirill has been a bargain sofar…

But in a few years do they extend him to keep Kirill happy? And at what term for a guy his age? Zuccy’s game can likely stay at a high level as he gets older…

I think if they trade Dumba, Kulikov, Talbot and let Sturm go they can sign Fiala, Kaapo and backfill with ELC players and Veteran minimum guys to survive the next 3 years…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Do we have a definite answer yet if Boldy can be offer sheeted after next season?

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I think if they trade Dumba, Kulikov, Talbot and let Sturm go they can sign Fiala, Kaapo and backfill with ELC players and Veteran minimum guys to survive the next 3 years…

I’m okay with that scenario. Does it keep us at the level we are at now? No. But you survive the next two years when the dead money really hits us with keeping your core and your big weapons. Hopefully make a huge run in 2025.

Ice Cap

He hasn’t but is expected to.

Let’s be honest though Icecap. The wilds priority this past off season was KK. He kind of held up any other major significant signing. They could not offer Fiala long term with so many unknowns in the hopper. Frankly why would they when he was arb eligible and they could extend him that way and push any long term out another year.
    Think of what people would have been saying when he had one goal in 25 games or whatever it was.
    Does he stay here longer. I don’t know going to be hard to keep everyone.

What you say is true Rip but what I said is also true. Don’t want to rehash the KK thing but had him and his agent not pulled the string until the clock was nearly run out things may had been different. Regardless Fiala has been the red haired step child and he may make it hard for the Wild to sign him if he continues his play. Unless some fences have been mended he very well may feel he just needs to move on from here. At 25 he’s just entering the prime of his career and will be in high demand.

CaptainMusky

KK turns the puck over, Dumba certainly turns the puck over isn’t a member on the team that doesn’t but you will never hear Evason comment on them.

Evason was quite critical of the top line in the last game in WPG. He said they were too cute. He doesnt always name names, but he was clearly talking about them.

CaptainMusky

Do we have a definite answer yet if Boldy can be offer sheeted after next season?

I have asked several key writers about this and no one has responded.

CaptainMusky

I’m okay with that scenario. Does it keep us at the level we are at now? No. But you survive the next two years when the dead money really hits us with keeping your core and your big weapons. Hopefully make a huge run in 2025.

This is why BG really needs to seriously consider going all in this year. Could be the best chance we have for a bit. The window wont slam shut, but this team has a legitimate shot. There is gaining steam that the Wild would go after the Flower. Not sure how I feel about that. He would be an upgrade Id think, but I would also be fine with just standing pat there and rolling Kahkonen more. Talbot hasnt been the best. I was giving him too much credit in his last game in WPG, but he was not good. I was trying to reverse psychology him, but it failed miserably. He has played well in stretches however, but Kahkonen has earned the shot.

tswoboda

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

I have asked several key writers about this and no one has responded.

He had a unique signing situation, so it might take an official ruling from the NHL to navigate the gray area. Writers like Russo probably don’t know 100% sure so don’t want to speculate. My gut says he can be offer sheeted, and will also be arbitration eligible.

I think that since he wasn’t ELC slide eligible, last year must have been considered his 20 year old season. If that’s the case then his AHL games last season count has “pro” experience and he will not fall under the 10.2(c) ruling. It’s tough to comprehend how the NHL defines age in different situations.

CaptainMusky

He had a unique signing situation, so it might take an official ruling from the NHL to navigate the gray area. Writers like Russo probably don’t know 100% sure so don’t want to speculate. My gut says he can be offer sheeted, and will also be arbitration eligible.

I think that since he wasn’t ELC slide eligible, last year must have been considered his 20 year old season. If that’s the case then his AHL games last season count has “pro” experience and he will not fall under the 10.2(c) ruling. It’s tough to comprehend how the NHL defines age in different situations.

Yeah, I agree. Someone like Russo isnt going to speculate for sure. BTW, my Sotastick “Depth” T-shirt came just in time for the game last night. -)

tswoboda

BTW, my Sotastick “Depth” T-shirt came just in time for the game last night.

When are they going to release the pink Fiala Heart shirts? Those are freaking awesome!

Ice Cap

Yeah those heart shirts are pretty funny! Can you get the Dolla Bill Kirill shirts anywhere? I know Jackie Redmond wants one bad and she hasn’t gotten one yet. You would think someone on the Wild team would make a personal delivery to her! whistling

Musky where did you hear the Wild may be interested in Flower? That would be a bad move imo. We may find out sooner than later what the Wild will do here as BG has said he would prefer to do something before the dead line. But this may be the year. There is going to be a talent depletion after this year whether it’s Fiala, Dumba or whomever. After that two years or is it three of cap hell. Then we are nearing the end of KK’s contract and he may decide to test the market depending on where the team is at that time.

We are depending on a lot of prospects becoming solid NHLers in a short period of time to remain competitive.

CaptainMusky

When are they going to release the pink Fiala Heart shirts? Those are freaking awesome!

I hope they do, but I doubt they will. I wanted one of those Ek “MR September” shirts but they said it was a team designed thing and they wouldnt make them for sale. Bummer.

CaptainMusky

Yeah those heart shirts are pretty funny! Can you get the Dolla Bill Kirill shirts anywhere? I know Jackie Redmond wants one bad and she hasn’t gotten one yet. You would think someone on the Wild team would make a personal delivery to her!
    Musky where did you hear the Wild may be interested in Flower? That would be a bad move imo.

I have the Dollar Dollar Bill Kirill T shirt. Not sure if I got it from Sotastick or another outfit out of the cities.

I read the Flower thing on Twitter this morning. It wasnt from anyone who covers the Wild, but I cannot recall who. I agree, I think that would be a bad move. It would probably be an upgrade for sure, but man, IDK what he would think about playing for the team who seems to beat him up quite a bit. I guess he would be on the better end at least.

Viewing 30 posts - 3,631 through 3,660 (of 7,208 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.